Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Names that will be forever gone in <20 years

Go down 
+9
alldatndensum
Just_Sue
unworthy
ishmael81
Staybrite
kerrick
Mac
messiaen77
Guilty/Forgiven
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Names that will be forever gone in <20 years - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Names that will be forever gone in <20 years   Names that will be forever gone in <20 years - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 7:15 am

Same with me.  First name after my mom's uncle and my middle after my dad's brother.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Names that will be forever gone in <20 years   Names that will be forever gone in <20 years - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:01 am

My first name was a name my parents liked. My other two names are the same as my grandmother had.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Names that will be forever gone in <20 years   Names that will be forever gone in <20 years - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 7:12 pm

My youth pastor's dad has the aforementioned abbreviation of Richard… one of the more perverted (for lack of better word) kids could not stop laughing…
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Names that will be forever gone in <20 years   Names that will be forever gone in <20 years - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 7:44 pm

my grandmother's name was Delores..
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Names that will be forever gone in <20 years   Names that will be forever gone in <20 years - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 am

Yeh, I think Delores/Dolores will be off the Name Table within 20 years.

I could be wrong about all these names as there are couples today who loved their grand or great grandparents so much that they may end up naming their kid after them. But I'm sure they'll be in a serious minority.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Names that will be forever gone in <20 years   Names that will be forever gone in <20 years - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 1:02 pm

The subject of 'hipsters' mentioned earlier in this thread seem to want to invent new names... We are a society that is a mile wide but less than an inch deep....

We are intelligent but have no sense of history or how to appreciate it.... we just want to poke fun an turn things into some silly sexual innuendo.... aka the nick name for Richard being twisted.... sad....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Names that will be forever gone in <20 years   Names that will be forever gone in <20 years - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 1:40 pm

mr.electric40 wrote:
The subject of 'hipsters' mentioned earlier in this thread seem to want to invent new names... We are a society that is a mile wide but less than an inch deep....

We are intelligent but have no sense of history or how to appreciate it.... we just want to poke fun an turn things into some silly sexual innuendo.... aka the nick name for Richard being twisted.... sad....
So years back in my college church group, there were a handful of people who were "courting."  When asked what courting was, they'd always respond something to the effect of, "well it's kinda like dating but not" and be all cryptic but somehow in their minds it was a holier way of dating.  My friends and I came up with "boinking" which was "kinda like dating but not" and "holier" than courting.  Unfortunately, it never caught on, but we were hoping we'd have a bunch of people arrogantly saying they were boinking each other in the most holy way haha.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Names that will be forever gone in <20 years   Names that will be forever gone in <20 years - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm looking for a Proverbs 31 woman to boink!

you knew this was coming… Hubba hubba
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Names that will be forever gone in <20 years   Names that will be forever gone in <20 years - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 12:27 am

lol!  Hahahahaha!!!  Oh dang, I'm really tempted to sig that DBF but without the context... it may rub some folks the wrong way...
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Names that will be forever gone in <20 years   Names that will be forever gone in <20 years - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 7:20 pm

There's one solution to the Richard nickname issue for those who don't want to go by Rich, Rick or the other one... Be creative like my uncle was and go by "Chard" (pronounced like "charred").
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Names that will be forever gone in <20 years   Names that will be forever gone in <20 years - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Names that will be forever gone in <20 years
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2