Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dreams

Go down 
+6
ishmael81
xenonlion
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
rockerVu2
kerrick
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Alright, so per our discussion in the Random Ramblings thread... I thought I'd start a Dreams thread for us all to share - you guessed it - our dreams!  I'll start.  Last night I had two:

I was at my grandparents' property with a few other adults and maybe ten or so young children (maybe kindergarten-age).  I was chaperoning a field trip there or something.  We were walking above the playground area, about to cross the road/driveway that goes up to the house above when a very large mountain lion came.  Its shoulders were probably close to five feet tall and it was a very strong and powerful cat.  Two smaller mountain lions followed it.  The cats were stalking a deer and did not seem too interested in any of us.  I made sure all the children stuck together and didn't make any sudden movements.  I did my best to always stay in between the cats and the children just in case.  We kept walking away though and the mountain lions didn't give us any trouble.

I was in bed at night when I felt a demonic presence in my room.  I was afraid and tried to dispel it in Christ's Name but couldn't speak.  Though I could see nothing, something grabbed me by my ankle and began dragging me down the length of my bed.  I finally was able to speak and dispelled it.  After it went away, I awoke and was grateful it was all over.  THEN I awoke for real.  (It was a dream-within-a-dream.)

I've had roughly three-dozen mountain lion dreams and about the same amount of demonic attacks (most of which are in dreams... though not all of them - which is perhaps a topic for another thread).  Wild stuff.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:40 pm

Sometimes you are having dreams and I always wonder why you dream about this or that?
Is it someting that happened that day, or are it things in your subconscious?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Personally I think that our brains never shut down completely, they're always active regardless of our sleep or being in a coma, etc.  Therefore our minds recall things we watched on tv or experiences we had, and we "think" all night long. As our minds wander and think of weird stuff when we're awake, it's even more bizarre when asleep. I'm probably wrong, but it sure seems plausible.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Yeah but there's some stuff I've dreamed up that I can pretty safely say has NEVER come into my mind from experiences, TV, etc...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:14 pm

Even though most everyone read these on the Random Thoughts thread, I am posting these here again to keep with the thread:

Quote :
Man, I had some of the craziest dreams last night.

First, I dreamed that my wife and I had gone on vacation to Dauphin Island--which is a possibility in October.  Anyway, a late hurricane came in and we were trying to get off the island by the 4 mile bridge there.  Part of the bridge gives way with the storm surges and floods the bridge.  Luckily, we were on a rise and were above the water and were lifted out by rescue chopper.  We were taken a few miles inland and landed on a long pier.  The pilot gets out and goes in to report to a superior but forgot to secure the chopper and we plunge into the water.  Luckily, my wife and I were washed almost to shore and were clinging to the legs of the pier.  Needless to say, they had to peel us off those poles after that to get us to land.

I got up then to go pee.

When I went back to sleep, I dreamed that my dad was emailing me telling me how much he was missing my sister who just passed away (my sister passed just a couple of weeks ago).  The really weird part was that my dad has been deceased since 2009!  He was telling me that we'd have to get together soon just because he was hurting so.  Even in the dream, though, I was freaked out because my dad has been gone for almost 4 years.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:04 pm

I had this weird dream last night. I was in this place completely made out of wood and everyone there was sitting on bleachers or something. Just girls in there... (or were there) We were celebrating something happened to a girl there. I know her in real life, too. She's one of my classmates. We put make up on her face. I'm not really someone who deals with make up, but ok. Then there was this play or something and it was like a broadway show with just children. They singing and dancing and all of that stuff. I was bored so I got up and I stood really close to the people acting. Then I sat back down and got up again and did the same thing. Then there was this guy who was probably a little younger than me and he said that he liked my attitude (even though my face was blank the whole time) and he got up with me and walked near the actors with me. Then a friend of mine, who is a guy, made us stop so I did. I decided to walk over to some of my other friends. I left them for some reason and walked over to a staff member, who was a guy. I was talking to him for a bit. There was a ladder next to him. Then I heard a knock. There was a door above the ladder. O.o ok... It was his responsibility to answer the door, but he said he would let me do it this time. Then I heard another knock. This one was louder. I woke up and that's when I realized that it was my dad knocking on my bedroom door. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 7:18 am

I dreamed last night that I came in from work and my cat's face had gone from black & white to solid black.  She had also nearly doubled in size.  She still acted the same so we just learned to live with it.  Later on, though, her face turned white and she shrunk down to the size of a small ferret and was kind of shaped like one, too.  Then, the alarm went off and I have no idea what happened.

I hate when that happens because that's like having a tv show interrupted that you never get to see the end.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:20 am

I've had many dreams about the kids.
That I needed to go to work and thought I can't go to work because I've to take care for the kids.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:48 am

I had a dream last night that I woke up and went to the gym and even though I was on the treadmill, my shoulder started hurting.  When I woke up for real to go to the gym, my shoulder was sore from sleeping with my arm at a funny angle under my head...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:51 am

This thread is a nightmare !
It's making me lol!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:11 pm

I had a dream last night that Samael (black metal band) was going to play at my favorite bar/restaurant and my old youth pastor (who just spoke at my church as a guest speaker) was in the band.  Needless to say, a Christian playing in a band such as that caused a fair bit of a stir haha.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:30 pm

^That's crazy! O.o^

I had this interesting dream last night. I don't remember all of the details, though.
There was some guy who wrote black metal songs. They didn't have bad lyrics though. I thought his songs and poems were cool, but a lot of other people thought they were weird. I remember seeing a dog being hurt by another animal. I don't remember what the other animal was. I felt so bad. So did the other guy. I don't remember what the guy's name was. It started with a J. For some reason, other people didn't care about the animal being severely injured. I remember seeing a friend I know in real life, too. I don't remember all of the details of this dream. I remember there was one part where I was in a class and we all had to match a poem or song to whoever in the class wrote it. I had J's name and needed the poem with it. I was able to tell who had it because the person sighed and looked frustrated. I asked if I could have it and he quickly gave it to me. I was the only person in class who appreciated J's writings. They were deeper than everyone else's writings. J had really dark hair. Extremely dark brown or black. This is the second dream I've had a guy like that.
The first one I had a dream with someone like this was the one where I was talking to this guy all the time. I don't know how, but he would be right outside my window even though I was on the 2nd floor.
Dreams are so funny... Shocked
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:51 am

The only part of my dream last night that I remember was the part with an ant. It was walking around.

I hoping that I would have a dream about J again. I don't even know what happened besides there being an ant. Oh well.
Back to top Go down

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:44 pm

I don't go crazy about dreams, like try to find some sort of meaning in them. However I had this really interesting dream shortly after my grandma passed away.  I dreadme I was walking down my street late at night and my gramma met me while I was walking and said to me " Rob don't worry about me I'm in Heaven and I'm all right, we will see each other again soon" I went home and told my wife and she said to me " see Rob I told you that everything is okay, but I need you to go to the grocery store and pick up a few items". So I am walking into Wegmans and as I'm walking in the store I run into my brother who was coming out of the store. I told him what happened.  He sai " Rob, you had a dream, that didn't really happen. But Gramma was saved, she is in Heaven and you'll be okay!". Then I'm in a doctors office in the waiting room and I see my grandma again, with my Uncle Sid, who had passed away in 1974 when I was 6 years old.  I told Gramma that I ran in to Bill (my brother) and he didn't believe.  She told me to shut up and that Uncle Sid had some words for me.  Then I woke up
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:36 am

Something that happens somewhat often in my dreams is that even when I turn on the lights in a room, I can hardly see what's going on. It's like I've just woken up or something. Weird.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Two nights ago I had ANOTHER dream with mountain lions in it.  I was in the snow with my parents and a mountain lion came charging at us from behind.  I pulled out my pocket knife and lunged at it and stabbed it in the chest, killing it.  Yikes!
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 8:14 pm

In my dream, I was getting dressed for school, but I was wearing a skirt n things like that. It seems like I'm not even myself in some of my dreams.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:26 pm

This is pretty bad! But I dreamed I was in Old Navy in the mall near me. Everyone was staring at me and I didn't know why. An employee said "ma'am.. Ma'am " I looked down and I'm completely naked!  The next thing I hear a police man say "I'm sorry" as he's putting the hand cuffs on me. I looked at him and it was Rob!  The worst part was we were not even dating yet!
Back to top Go down

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:39 pm

As I indicated on another thread, the situation happening at my church has been weighing heavy on my mind. The other night I dreamed that the former worship leader at my church convinced my wife to move to the church where he and many other former members are going. She agreed to it but said that I would never agree to leave our current church. He told her not to worry because he was gonna work on me to get me to change my mind. 

In real life this would never happen cuz this person would never do anything like that. When I told my wife the dream she assured me this would never happen and would not be good for our marriage. Big sigh of relief!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Dug up this old thread because I had a really weird dream last night (made stranger still by the fact that I very seldom remember my dreams).

In my dream a friend had talked me into going to a strange block party that had several bands playing at various times, and in front of various different houses along the block.  I was a little bummed because I wasn't interested in most of the bands, but my friend pointed out one band that I might like just as they were starting.  The band didn't have a name but it was Rex Scott on vocals/guitar, Mick Rowe on lead Guitar, Jim Laverde on bass and someone on drums that I didn't recognize.  I missed most of their short set because I spent most of the time looking for my camera/phone because I knew everyone at CHM would never believe I had seen such a line up if I didn't have pictures.  I managed to snap a few pictures but they were all blurry and you couldn't tell who anyone was.

Talk about a frustrating dream!

kerrick

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:59 pm

Interesting!  I've had a lot of dreams where I'm taking pictures of really cool stuff.  Gosh sometimes I really wish I could actually develop those and show people...  The stuff I dream up!  I had a pretty adventurous one last night:

It was night and I was in a castle about to be attacked by an invading force, I believe the Mongols haha.  The fortress was on top of a high mountain in the snow, with steep rocky and snowy cliffs all around it.  I was at the front gate setting the additional walls for defense up as the enemy was trying to get in.  I had a Glock handgun I was trying to load up even though this was supposedly happening in ancient times (which I was aware of).  The king gave three of us a mission to escape.  One of my two friends with whom I was to escape with had a backpack of the king's which may have been important.  The attacking force was at the moment only at the front gate (facing west) so we took to the adjacent wall (facing east) and threw a rope over for us to go down.  But once we were out of the castle walls, the enemy was upon us so we jumped/slid down this icy cliff maybe 75 feet tall with a frozen pond below.  I kept sliding and hoped the pond was frozen enough to support my weight but the ice was thin and I fell in.  I swam to shore and was barely able to pull myself out.  My two friends were with me.  The enemy was nearing us so we continued to run.  We ran through the snow, down this steep valley where more of the enemy began to come at us from all sides.  They cornered us above a steep icy cliff, hundreds of feet high.  They killed my two friends and so with no other choice, I jumped off the cliff and began sliding down.  There were a few parts of the cliff that stuck out a bit where I tried to grab ahold to slow me down.  There were numerous soldiers rappelling down the cliff as well.  I was able to grab onto one of their ropes and knock them off so that he tumbled down to his doom.  The enemies above were trying to cut whatever rope I was sliding down so I had to keep jumping from rope to rope as I slid down them and knocked off whoever was on it.  Eventually I got to the bottom and was safe.  Years later I was on my way to return to the castle.  The enemy had won the battle and had overtaken the fortress, however since then, for whatever reason, they no longer occupied it.  It was a bright sunny day as I began my ascent up the long path along the ridge towards the castle.  I was accompanied with a man named Jeff who was from around the area and knew the castle.  He was maybe in his late 40s or early 50s, kind, and wise.  I knew returning to that place would be emotionally difficult, for so many of my friends had died there, but I felt it necessary to overcome my sorrows.  We came across a group of rock climbers who were also very friendly and the last thing I remember of the dream was sitting with them and telling them why I was returning.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Kerrick, if there was no such thing as it, I'd say you listen to too much Iron Maiden...
Back to top Go down

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:24 pm

so you gonna post those pictures Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Dug up this old thread because I had a really weird dream last night (made stranger still by the fact that I very seldom remember my dreams).

In my dream a friend had talked me into going to a strange block party that had several bands playing at various times, and in front of various different houses along the block.  I was a little bummed because I wasn't interested in most of the bands, but my friend pointed out one band that I might like just as they were starting.  The band didn't have a name but it was Rex Scott on vocals/guitar, Mick Rowe on lead Guitar, Jim Laverde on bass and someone on drums that I didn't recognize.  I missed most of their short set because I spent most of the time looking for my camera/phone because I knew everyone at CHM would never believe I had seen such a line up if I didn't have pictures.  I managed to snap a few pictures but they were all blurry and you couldn't tell who anyone was.

Talk about a frustrating dream!
you gonna post those pictures
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:44 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
Kerrick, if there was no such thing as it, I'd say you listen to too much Iron Maiden...
Hahaha never!!!

I had this one a while ago but thought it was pretty cool so I'll share it with y'all:

I was on a small sailboat with two other people: a gal about my age and I think perhaps her younger brother.  A HUGE wave was coming straight at us.  We were going to try and go over it but it was going to crash too soon so we turned around and tried to outrun it by going the other way, but there was another giant wave coming from that direction.  We turned and tried to outrun both by moving adjacent to them but a third coming from that direction came at us, so we only had one way out but we made it.  We came to these three rocks that stuck out of the water only a few feet.  They made a triangle and we had to sail on the inside edge of the triangle they formed close to the rocks, for elsewhere it was too shallow and we would crash.  We then came to this absolutely gorgeous island where there were these quaint houses of different colors along the steep hills right near the water's edge.  The sea was this beautiful emerald-green color and there were bright green trees hanging over the water that we sailed underneath.  (We had to lower the sail some to get through.)  I remember seeing some sort of clown fish swimming in the water.  I had my camera and was taking pictures of the beauty all around.  At the end of a line of houses [everything was SO detailed and intricate] was this one creepy dark and foreboding house of grey stone and dilapidated wrought-iron fences and overgrown bushes.  Everyone kinda feared it.  I think the doorway/front of the house was a giant stone skull.  I saw someone move inside through one of the dusty windows and I waved with a smile.  Some guy about our age came out who wasn't quite "all there" mentally but he was super friendly and we just chatted it up for a while.  He was probably about my age and was strongly built.  He had a rather large head with very pronounced features and wavy dirty-blonde hair.  Everyone avoided him because they were afraid of the unknown but he was actually a really nice guy!  Overall it was just a very peaceful and extremely visually vibrant dream.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreams
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next