Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Staybrite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch Empty
PostSubject: Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch   Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 3:43 pm

A little while back we heard that Michael Sweet was going to tour with the band T&N (former members of Dokken). Well now it appears that he plans to record music with George Lynch and a few other musicians (who are not part of T&N).

You can read about it here.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=189448

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch   Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 4:56 pm

I think it is cool that he has that opportunity. However, depending on the lyrics will depend on whether I get this or not, though.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch   Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 4:58 pm

For me the same.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch   Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:03 pm

I doubt with the other guys involved that it will have Christian lyrics; but with MS doing the singing, you gotta bet that it will at least be a clean secular record. I'll be all over this when it releases!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch   Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:56 pm

If this rock as good as I think it will I will be all over this regardless of the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch   Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 5:09 pm

I kind of doubt Michael will compromise his faith with dirty lyrics, but the other hand I wound't excpect it to "evangelical" either.
If I like it I will buy it.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch   Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 11:39 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I think it is cool that he has that opportunity. However, depending on the lyrics will depend on whether I get this or not, though.

The good news is he says he'll be singing the Dokken songs, and while some of those can be a bit racy, as well many of the 80's metal songs, I can't think of any off the top of my head that would harm Michael image or place him in a compromising position. Besides, he's a big boy; I'm sure (I think) that if he objected to any of the songs he wouldn't sing them.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch   Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 11:40 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I kind of doubt Michael will compromise his faith with dirty lyrics, but the other hand I wound't excpect it to "evangelical" either.

Oops, I think I duped your post. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch   Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:24 am

I really love the live album he did as lead for Boston. Sounds great. I was a tad surprised he did the song "Smokin'" but then I had to get over my legalistic flesh on that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch   Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:54 am

Boston has a live album out with Sweet singing? Whats it called?..
I always saw Dokken as one of the most innocent of the 80s bands. I just don't see anyrhing they did lyrically as "racy".
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch   Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 12:18 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Oops, I think I duped your post. Smile

No worries, besides it's always good for my ego when someone agrees with me. lol!

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch   Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:20 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Boston has a live album out with Sweet singing? Whats it called?..
I always saw Dokken as one of the most innocent of the 80s bands. I just don't see anyrhing they did lyrically as "racy".

"Come Together - A Tribute To Brad Delp"
It's excellent ! Sweet handles Delp's range beautifully !
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch   Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:43 pm

brokentulsa wrote:

It was more by implication than outright stated, and it is only in a handful of songs. I love Dokken and I agree with the overall idea that they were one of the cleanest of the 80s bands. But "The Hunter", for example, is a rough song lyrically for me. I won't listen to that one. I'd be a bit disappointed if Michael Sweet sang that one. But the vast majority of their catalog is fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch   Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet to Record with George Lynch
Page 1 of 1