Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We're getting old FAST

Go down 
+5
BearDad
messiaen77
Fundy
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

We're getting old FAST Empty
PostSubject: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Doesn't seem that long ago I seen Wes King in concert at a humble little Church near San Bernardino, CA. He was 25 at the time.

I followed his releases from the first day I heard his first radio hit back in 1990 ("Motivation") up until his last album in 2001... then heard about his illness in '05... he fought Lymphoma. They made a Tribute album for him to help pay medical bills - pretty good tribute.

Then he disappeared. I assume the last decade he's been living up to the name of his last album: "What Matters Most." Spending time with family and in the Word. I never heard anything on him since then and hoped he was doing ok.
Then I stumbled upon this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Looks like he's still strummin' ! And he's not 25 anymore !! Then again, neither am I. affraid
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:12 pm

It's funny but nobody seems to hold on to 25 for more than a year.Smile

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 5:58 pm

lol!
Staybrite wrote:
It's funny but nobody seems to hold on to 25 for more than a year.Smile

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Not Wes King related, but I was walking through Walmart today and saw some guy with a Bryan Duncan shirt from the Mercy tour. I hadn't thought about him until the other day when Randy Thomas posted some SCB video.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:46 am

Dang, the Mercy tour was forever ago ! My kids were still living at home at that time.
Seems to be how I guage things these days- by the "kid timeline"... 1. Before kids. 2. Kids were young. 3. Kids were in high school. and 4. Kids moved out.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:39 pm

I came across a Rez clip on YT today, circa mid 80's <sigh> Anybody got a delorean I can borrow? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:35 pm

BearDad wrote:
I came across a Rez clip on YT today, circa mid 80's <sigh> Anybody got a delorean I can borrow? Very Happy

I saw one several months ago, but alas it didn't have a flux-capacitor. Sad

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:10 pm

I guess they don't need to generate 1.21 gigawatts then.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:20 am

Great Scott!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:44 am

I was at Bed Bath & Beyond a little while ago and was tempted to ask them if the had a Mr Fusion home energy reactor in stock.

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 4:27 pm

I'm almost 36, and I've NEVER seen Back to the Future. Sad

BUT, there were four shows that made up my childhood back in the '80's, which were:

The Dukes of Hazzard, The A-Team, Knight Rider, and MacGyver.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:22 pm

Samson wrote:
I'm almost 36, and I've NEVER seen Back to the Future. Sad

affraid

Don't feel bad, I've never seen a complete episode of McGyver.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Seen 'em all... and most of them make me wish I had that time back.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:59 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Seen 'em all... and most of them make me wish I had that time back.

You'll laugh, you'll cry...you'll kiss 45 minutes of your life goodbye?

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 12:01 am

LaughingTwisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:04 pm

Not much is as good as you remember. When I was in school I loved "The Mysterious Cities Of Gold". I thought it was the best thing ever. A year or so ago someone brought me it for my birthday and I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes... YIKES! I doubt I'll ever be able to watch it all the way through! Some things don't age well.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:35 am

^ same with Mork and Mindy. I remembered that show fondly and wanted to see it again for years. The I finally rented the DVD series and was shocked at how silly in a non funny way it was. It was geared much more for kids apparently.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 10:26 am

Had the same issue with Mork & Mindy. The wife & I both remembered loving it as kids so we brought it home from the library for our kids to watch. None of us could make it past three or fourepisodes...it just seemed really lame.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:05 am

Ooh and the same with Adam 12 ! We went on this nostalgic trip a couple years back and I scored all seasons of Emergency! and Adam 12 from the Flea market. We watched Emergency and though it was a bit cheesy, we really enjoyed watching all those oldies and seeing so many guest stars that were just kids back then.
When we popped in Adam 12, we couldn't get past 3 episodes (just like you guys and Mork), they were SO awful ! Good thing I only paid 5 bucks for the entire set.
(Many of the Emergency and Adam12 episodes were filmed right on the streets where I lived as a kid in the 70s, so there was kind of a sentimental reason for wanting to see them again too - now if I can get ahold of some CHiPs dvds, I'll be set Laughing )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 11:44 am

I had something really funny to say about this thread...but I can't remember what it was..darn..what was it?

You know, they say that..well ..they say something is the first thing to go..I can't remember exactly what that is though either
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 4:49 pm

bought4life wrote:
I had something really funny to say about this thread...but I can't remember what it was..darn..what was it?

You know, they say that..well ..they say something is the first thing to go..I can't remember exactly what that is though either

I read somewhere that there is a plant extract or vitamin that us old folks can take to help prevent memory loss....but I forgot what it was.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Quote :
but I forgot what it was.

LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're getting old FAST   We're getting old FAST I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We're getting old FAST
Page 1 of 1