Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Absolon New cd!!

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Timshell64
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Absolon New cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Absolon New cd!!   Absolon New cd!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:23 am

Hey all,
I have been e-mailing back and forth with Ken Pike from the band Absolon. For those of you who have been around christian music awhile know he was the front man for Malachia. A white metal band back in the 80's. Well he has put out a new cd. I will post the link below. It is a concept album about a young man who makes a deal with the devil to become a great metal star. But as you know when you deal with the devil you lose. Ken is a great christian brother, This would not be a typical christian cd. But it moral tale of choices and individual can make. As we were talking the other day I reminded him that the book of Esther in the bible does not mention the Lord or God but still is in the the Word of God. It is truth and it can be a powerful tool no matter if it is in the Word or a cd.
So I just wanted to share this. If you like this kind of music check it out. I have already ordered my copy. Like I said this is not being marketed as a christian cd. But Ken assured me that there is nothing offensive to his faith in it.
Thanks for listening
Tim
http://www.absolonrocks.com/
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Absolon New cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolon New cd!!   Absolon New cd!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Looking forward to this album, I heard Ken is working on a deal to get the album distibuted through Roxx records.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Absolon New cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolon New cd!!   Absolon New cd!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 2:30 pm

That would be great when Absolon's CDs will be distributed by Roxx Records.

Ken has told me that the lyrics of Absolon are not offensive.
I've listened to some samples and I have to say it sounds great.

He's in the same situation as Paul May of Atkins & May.
Only one member of the band is Christian.

Is Ken Pike writing the lyrics of the songs too?

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Absolon New cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolon New cd!!   Absolon New cd!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Ken wrote the lyrics to all the songs. He wrote the music too as I understand...

Wrote a review at White Throne.... Heavier than Malachia musically....

Lyrically I think of Rez Bands 'Tears in the Rain' for comparison....

this is an album well worth checking out....

Smile

http://whitethronereviews.blogspot.com/2013/02/absolon-darkness-rising-tale-of-derek.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Absolon New cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolon New cd!!   Absolon New cd!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Great Ken has written all the lyrics and the music.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Absolon New cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolon New cd!!   Absolon New cd!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:26 pm

I'm not sure, but I think Ken has registered for this board. I approved an "Absolon " today.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Absolon

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Absolon New cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolon New cd!!   Absolon New cd!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi all. Ken Pike from Absolon here. Thought I would pop in to say thanks to those who have such kind things to say about the CD so far.

Just to answer a couple of questions I'm hearing . . . yes, I wrote all the music and lyrics. Even though this is not a Christian album, there is absolutely nothing the Christian audience will find offensive. In fact, it is a morality play in music. I wrote it in such a way that each listener would take away from it what they felt was being said. That is what a good story is supposed to do. I was attempting to recapture that feeling I got when I first heard Operation Mindcrime by Queensryche . . . and still do when I put it one. There was this incredible vibe one got from listening to that album. So, I set out to get that same vibe and I hope I captured a little of it.

That leads me to the other question I have been getting. Are we a Christian band? Let me be totally honest . . no, we are not. We are a group of people trying to write smart, melodic and interesting heavy metal music. I want to make people think and reflect iwth my music. We are not unlike many bands that have come before us like Kansas, Kings X and even U2 to an extent. Their songs were not provocative or offensive but, it was good music. Their stuff appealed to both Christian and secular audiences alike although they were not "Christian" bands. So, hope that answers that question.

I'm happy that we have hooked up with Bill at Roxx Productions to get the CD out. We believe he will be a major force in building Absolon's fan base. We are rehearsing right now and plan on booking shows in April. It will be a show to see, I can tell you that. Again, it will be somewhat like Operation Mindcrime live. We will be playing the characters on the CD . . . of course, I am Derek.

Ok, if there are any questions about anything, feel free to ask. I promise to answer ya!

Ken
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Absolon New cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolon New cd!!   Absolon New cd!! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:54 am

Welcome to the board Ken, I for one am excited to hear you creating music again and can't wait to get my hands on the new album.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Absolon New cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolon New cd!!   Absolon New cd!! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:30 am

When will the disc be out with Roxx? I might have to check this out, Ken. Now, if only we could get the Malachia stuff remastered/reissued.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Absolon New cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolon New cd!!   Absolon New cd!! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:58 am

Welcome to Christian Hard Music Ken.
We like it you joined us.

That would be awesome to get the Malachia stuff remastered/reissued.
Ken, is there a chance when Absolon will register at Roxx Records the Malachia stuff will be rereleased?
Back to top Go down
Absolon

Absolon New cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolon New cd!!   Absolon New cd!! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome! The CD is being distributed by Roxx Productions here in the States mostly for now. Bill and I are going to discuss other avenues for getting the CD out on a bigger scale in the near future. Absolon is excited about teaming up with Roxx Productions!!

As far as old Malachia stuff . . . I have no control over it. Wade Little (bass player) has control over the music and, up to this point, will not re-release any of the material. I don't really know why that is since there seems to be a demand for it out there in the Christian market. I would personally love to see the stuff re-mixed and mastered then released. With todays technology, Red Sunrise would sound so much better. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Absolon

Absolon New cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolon New cd!!   Absolon New cd!! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 12:16 pm

Meant to add you can order Darkness Rising:The Tale of Derek Blackheart from Roxx Production as well as at our official website.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Absolon New cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolon New cd!!   Absolon New cd!! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:17 am

Listened to Malachia on YouTube.
I like Malachia.

I hope Wade Little will change his mind and give his permission for a rerelease.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Absolon New cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolon New cd!!   Absolon New cd!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Absolon New cd!!
Page 1 of 1