Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just an Observation!!

Go down 
+3
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
Timshell64
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Just an Observation!! Empty
PostSubject: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:34 pm

We all buy music so maybe I am not the only one with this observation. Retroactive records has been putting out a ton of reissues and new stuff of late. The Rivera Bomma Infinate Journey of Souls is one I am going to snatch up. Why is it their website is so outdated. It seems like they would have better store system to promote their merchandise and keep it updated.

Just an observation.

Tim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:32 pm

I agree tim. Several christian vendor websites I have been to were not current. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:04 am

Retroactive has never had a very good presence on the web IMO. I seldom have any idea what they are even releasing anymore. I think they actually do most of their direct sales on e-bay (or at least they did for a while).

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 6:52 am

Yep glad I am not the only one. The reason I was thinking about it is the Rivera Bomma release I was wondering where i can buy the cd.

I will figure it out. Lord knows I have been buying to much as it is. I guess the fact that I have been a broke college student for the last 2 years and finally have a paying job has something to do it lol. All of that comes from My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is so awesome for creating Metal and Hard rock and giving christians the talent to play it. As I have said before I would have hated to have to listen to southern Gospel all my christian life. I know I am bad

Tim
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 12:46 pm

As a web designer, I cringe at many sites that look like they were created in 1996. Just cuz it works, doesn't mean it shouldn't get a facelift.

I designed my bosses website and that was 5 years ago... she's now asking me to update it - yet IMO it's still fairly up to date. Moreso than most Dr's offices I've seen.

http://www.jonespolandmd.com/

only problem is, when I created it, I made it predominantly IE friendly. Chrome, Firefox and others seem to add "lines" and sometimes reject the java. oh well, I'm not a pro, it's just a hobby.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Timshell64 wrote:
All of that comes from My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is so awesome for creating Metal and Hard rock and giving christians the talent to play it.

Amen!

Oh and G/F nice looking site you created there. It doesn't look like it needs updating to me.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Quote :
Oh and G/F nice looking site you created there. It doesn't look like it needs updating to me.

Thanks ! Took me several nights after work and weekends to complete it.. I really don't want to update it. I guess there's some new guidelines for the disabled, and our website didn't pass the disabled persons test - so I gotta work on that as well as any new "flash" she wants to add to it.

I think it'd be cool to do web design for a living - and work on some of those old music sites. I could beef those sites up and make them look and function way more cooler
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I think it'd be cool to do web design for a living - and work on some of those old music sites. I could beef those sites up and make them look and function way more cooler

I can see how it would be rewarding, but I don't have enough patience with computers to do something like even as a hobby. Laughing

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
only problem is, when I created it, I made it predominantly IE friendly. Chrome, Firefox and others seem to add "lines" and sometimes reject the java.
That's because the others follow the recognized standards more closely while MS likes to have a bunch of proprietary junk. Evil or Very Mad

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480

PostSubject: Re: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 6:20 pm

Retroactive seems to have the CMR as their main marketing plan. Announce it there and we will do all their advertising. LOL

Seriously, their website has always stunk. It's ugly and not very user friendly. It's rarely updated. They need a better web presence.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:37 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
only problem is, when I created it, I made it predominantly IE friendly. Chrome, Firefox and others seem to add "lines" and sometimes reject the java.
That's because the others follow the recognized standards more closely while MS likes to have a bunch of proprietary junk. Evil or Very Mad

That is true. I cut my web design teeth on IE back in 2001 - only to be thoroughly confused by all the standards that arose by 2009. I'm thinking of going from writing raw language to doing cut and paste Laughing -Heck with it...
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:40 am

For an indie company like RAR, a website is just another thing you have to maintain… If volunteers would take care of it, that would be nice.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480

PostSubject: Re: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:43 am

"A workman is worthy of his hire." A web presence is crucial these days to your business model. Even if Matt were to get a local high school web design class to help him, the RAR site would look so much better.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 11:20 am

heck, between a couple of us here we could create a nice site and keep it updated...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just an Observation!!   Just an Observation!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just an Observation!!
Page 1 of 1