Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Observation

Go down 
+2
Bsax
Staybrite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

An Observation Empty
PostSubject: An Observation   An Observation I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:37 pm

So I am driving behind a car on the way to work this morning that has a window decal proclaiming the owner’s unwillingness to accept large women (either that or he doesn’t like chubby baby chickens). So I’m thinking to myself why would someone put something like that on their car?

I few seconds latter I am stopped behind the driver (who strangely enough happens to be a woman) at a light, and I noticed that she has one of those customized license plate frames. The text in the frame does not declare her loyalty to some sports team, or claim her love for her dog breed of choice (as is often the case). It isn’t even one of those tacky advertisements for the car dealership where she bought her Nissan. Instead the plate frame reads: “What Nourishes Me – Destroys Me”.

Now this really gets to me thinking (it is a long drive to work). In my mind I see it as a confession of a sinner (possibly not what the driver meant). When we live in sin, we live for lust, greed, gluttony, anger, etc. We feed our hearts and minds with those sins everyday, but they do nothing but destroy us. The Bible tells us that when we drink from the cup of sin we will most certainly inherit death. It is only when we drink from the living water that we will be truly nourished, and be given eternal life through Jesus.

Just an observation on the way to work.

Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

An Observation Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Observation   An Observation I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:05 pm

wow I wish I could get my hands on whatever it is you eat/drink for breakfast before work. lol! that's pretty deep.

actually kind of hit the spot, thanks for posting.

B.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

An Observation Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Observation   An Observation I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:08 pm

I'm lucky to realize that I'm even awake when I drive to work. I hit the road at 5 AM and get to work about 5:50. I clock in, hit the bathroom, and arrive at my machine just as the whistle goes off at 6 AM.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

An Observation Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Observation   An Observation I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:00 pm

Well I don't eat anything before I get to work (maybe it's the hunger pangs talking Smile ).
But I don't leave for work until 7 am if I had to leave at 5 I would probably fall asleep on the way there.
Sleep

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

An Observation Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Observation   An Observation I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:31 pm

I hear you. It's pretty tough on me to stumble down the stairs and plop down into my chair before my PC. Sometimes I even get dressed before 8.

sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

An Observation Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Observation   An Observation I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:51 pm

What REALLY sucks is waking up and walking one step to work...

But all in all, I do like the "observation".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

An Observation Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Observation   An Observation I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 9:53 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
I hear you. It's pretty tough on me to stumble down the stairs and plop down into my chair before my PC. Sometimes I even get dressed before 8.

Tell me about it, except for me it's closer to nine. Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

An Observation Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Observation   An Observation I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 10:48 pm

Wow, sounds like we have some really "early" risers here. Laughing

An Observation Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Observation   An Observation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Observation
Page 1 of 1