Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Played to DEATH !

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Played to DEATH ! Empty
PostSubject: Played to DEATH !   Played to DEATH ! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:12 pm

Let's hear it from you-
Can you name an album or albums that you liked so much and ended up playing them to DEATH ! To the point where you made yourself a bit sick of the album and didn't listen to it again for like, a couple years ?

I thought of this thread cuz I popped in Hokus Pick "Brothers from different mothers" this morning and realized I haven't listened to this absolute favorite of mine in a few years... and it's cuz I played it OUT !!

Another example would be Petra Praise- Rock cries out- I played that one back in the early 90s so much that I got sick of it. I haven't listened to it in prolly 10 years !

How about you ? Any over-abused albums in your collection ?
Back to top Go down

Played to DEATH ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Played to DEATH !   Played to DEATH ! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Stryper...the yellow and black attack
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Played to DEATH ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Played to DEATH !   Played to DEATH ! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:16 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Stryper...the yellow and black attack

Agreed, I played that one so much I wore out my cassette tape. I had the same problem with albums from a few secular bands back in the day too.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Played to DEATH ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Played to DEATH !   Played to DEATH ! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:58 pm

Believe it or not, I played Guardian's Yellow and Black are back WAY more than the Stryper original... not sure why, I guess I just like their re-interpretation of the album.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Played to DEATH ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Played to DEATH !   Played to DEATH ! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:43 pm

To be honest, if I really like an album, I nearly always play them to death and have to put them away for a while.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Played to DEATH ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Played to DEATH !   Played to DEATH ! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:18 am

Tamplin and Friends - An Axe To Grind

Played the heck out of it for a long time......sang every song almost to the point of vocal cord breakage.......but it did help me stretch my vocal range!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Played to DEATH ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Played to DEATH !   Played to DEATH ! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:46 am

I played my cassette of Messiah Prophet's Master of the Metal back in the early 90's so much the tape broke. I now have the amazing Steinhaus remaster and what a trip down memory lane...

I also did this to Stryper's first 4 releases (YABA, Soldiers, To Hell... and In God...) and stupidly traded or sold them off. I now have In God.. back but I'm trying to get the other 3 again.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Played to DEATH ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Played to DEATH !   Played to DEATH ! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:03 am

Bride - Snakes In The Playground

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
icon_red

icon_red

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Played to DEATH ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Played to DEATH !   Played to DEATH ! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:24 am

Undercover=Devotion

Curious Fools =read

listened to them every trip to college for a year...I can enjoy them again now after not hearing them for years lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Played to DEATH ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Played to DEATH !   Played to DEATH ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Played to DEATH !
Page 1 of 1