Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup

Go down 
+6
alldatndensum
unworthy
ChosenOne
Staybrite
ishmael81
Oldiesmann
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup Empty
PostSubject: Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup   Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:57 pm

http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/news/2012/08/21.Kevin Max Is The New Lead Vocalist For Audio Adrenaline!.asp

Quote :
No doubt inspired by Newsboys decision to recruit former dc Talk and
Tait band vocalist Michael Tait when Peter Furler stepped down, Audio
Adrenaline has enlisted the aid of dc Talk vocal powerhouse Kevin Max
to take the reins. As far as other Audio A members returning, the only
original member to pick up his instrument once again is bass player Will
McGinniss. Drummer Ben Cissell will not be returning, and neither will
guitarist/vocalist Tyler Burkum who has been on the road with Mat
Kearney (almost since Audio A disbanded in the spring of '07) and is
also a member of the band Leagues.

Joining Max in the new Audio Adrenaline is former Delirious? guitarist
Stu G. on guitar and Bleach drummer Jared Byers on drums. Byers actually
filled in for Cissell on Audio A's final spring tour in 2007 when
Cissell had already been committed to his first post-AA job as manager
of Nashville youth club Rocketown.
Should be interesting to see how long this lasts. At least we don't have a situation here where the former lead singer steps down then suddenly starts on a solo career like Furler did.
It's also hard for me to accept a group as being the same band without the original lead singer. It did work well for Petra, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup   Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Audio A is one of my favorite bands and has been for a long time.

I find it hard to think of it as the original group when there's only one original member. Will and Mark started the group but without three of the four member who were with the band when they split isn't really the same band.

It would be like Stryper breakign up, then reforming with Tim Gaines on bass and 3 other dudes from other bands. It wouldn't really be Stryper.

Not to mention, I can't stand Kevin's vocals. I don't like this at all. I want to be excited, and I'm just disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup   Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Can't say I was much of an AA fan to begin with, but it will be interesting to se what AA2 can do.

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup   Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:34 pm

I've never been the biggest fan of AA, really only like a handful of their songs, but I am curious how this will be with K-Max as the vocalist. I'll give it a shot when something drops to listen to.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup   Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:57 pm

I agree.. with only 1 returning member it's hard to think of it being the same band.. why didn't they just come up with a new band name? trying to capitilize on the recongizability ...

either way.. wasn't a fan to begin with.. and not sounding like I'm gonna be more excited about this one ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup   Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:20 pm

I will wait to hear what they do before I judge this. However, I will say that I liked Kevin's voice WITH DC Talk. As for his solo work, not at all.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup   Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:54 pm

I liked (and still like) Audio A, particularly the Some Kind of Zombie album. But I have to say... the bass player? No offense. Bass is important, but how it this Audio A? They should just come up with a name and put out some music.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup   Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:36 pm

The secular band Giant did something similar. I believe it was the keyboard player and drummer that where the only original members.

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup   Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:48 pm

Let's try to keep in mind though that the goal of the band's efforts are to raise money for the Hands and Feet Project. By using AA's name, they'll at least be able to attract a larger audience than if they had changed their name. In the end, I'd say the charity organization is the real winner here.
Back to top Go down
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup   Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:25 pm

I liked AA's Bloom album, but didn't listen to them much otherwise. Sometimes this kind of thing works and sometimes it doesn't. The Newsboys have no original members left, but they still do really well. I'm waiting for them to ask me to be their bass guitarist lol Smile I like Kevin's voice, but we'll see how it all goes. At the very least it should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup   Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:54 am

That's what I do too.
Listen first and then say if I like it or not.
Back to top Go down
libertynjustice

libertynjustice

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup   Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:37 am

I wanna hear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup   Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup
Page 1 of 1