Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Thomas
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:07 pm

I don't honestly know-it was given to me by my best bud in a box of stuff he didn't have any use for any more. It ohms out at 13k, has a ceramic magnet between the pole pieces (which are non-adjustable steel slugs), and two alnico magnets-one on the outside of each set of pole pieces. It has a very balanced tone-not too bright, full but not dark. I think I've created a monster...
Back to top Go down
Ascension

Ascension

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Got a few
07 PRS Custom 24
Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 DSCF0790
08 Washburn WM-24
Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 DSCF0776
1996 Chicago Custom USA Washburn A-30 one of less than 75 built
Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 DSCF0696
1990's Grover Jackson era Chicago Custom USA Washburn MG's
1995 MG 120
Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 DSCF0726
1995 MG 122
Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 DSC00551
1995 MG 102
Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 DSC00343
MG Grover Jackson Prototype
Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 DSC00300
1990 Carvin X220C
Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 DSC01527
Tha MUTT ?? body Fender trem Moses Graphite neck Duncan SSL-1's
Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 DSC01393
Back to top Go down
Ascension

Ascension

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:15 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I have really nice gear. I just wish I had the inspiration to work on music again. I really wish I had a couple of people locally who wanted to play live from time to time.
Where you be in Tenn bro?? I'm in Birmingham Alabama so--.
Back to top Go down
Ascension

Ascension

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:17 am

joe61 wrote:
I don't honestly know-it was given to me by my best bud in a box of stuff he didn't have any use for any more. It ohms out at 13k, has a ceramic magnet between the pole pieces (which are non-adjustable steel slugs), and two alnico magnets-one on the outside of each set of pole pieces. It has a very balanced tone-not too bright, full but not dark. I think I've created a monster...
??? that I would like to see! Weird design I would like to hear what that sounds like.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:00 am

Ascension wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I have really nice gear. I just wish I had the inspiration to work on music again. I really wish I had a couple of people locally who wanted to play live from time to time.
Where you be in Tenn bro?? I'm in Birmingham Alabama so--.

I am just outside Nashville. If you're ever in need of a bass player, give me a buzz, okay?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:31 pm

Hey Asencion (welcome to CHM), didn't you used to hang out at the CMR for some time ago (anyway it's good to have you here).

That PRS is absolutely beautiful. I played a few of those (right before I bought my Schecter) and they sound and play amazing. I would have loved to have one, but it was way out of my price range.

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:39 pm

I have an '89 peavey Tracer and a 92 Charvel. Both are nice. I use boss pedals and boards and fender amps loaded with Celestion speakers.
Back to top Go down
Ascension

Ascension

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hey Asencion (welcome to CHM), didn't you used to hang out at the CMR for some time ago (anyway it's good to have you here).

That PRS is absolutely beautiful. I played a few of those (right before I bought my Schecter) and they sound and play amazing. I would have loved to have one, but it was way out of my price range.
Yep that would be me. We had an abrupt parting of the ways over an issue a while back and I requested that my membership there be deleted. I had frankly forgotten about this board until I saw a link on a Worship site to a discussion last week. I see a number of user ID's here I recognize so afro. Didn't this board get hacked at one time and shut down??
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm pretty certain we were never shut down, at least not in the 6 years I've been here. The Firestream boards did get hacked a while back, and shut down....I think they started up somewhere else. Anyways, its great to see you here.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:05 pm

Brokentulsa it is great to see you over here too, welcome.

It would be great if you could post some pictures of your guitars.

Ascension

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:37 am

Staybrite wrote:
I'm pretty certain we were never shut down, at least not in the 6 years I've been here. The Firestream boards did get hacked a while back, and shut down....I think they started up somewhere else. Anyways, its great to see you here.
Firestream was the Board that I was thinking of but I had thought I was also on here at one time. I got hacked last May and lost a bunch of my data and contacts when I reloaded everything. I know I have been on this board in the past though it has just been a long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 12:03 am

Ascension wrote:
joe61 wrote:
??? that I would like to see! Weird design I would like to hear what that sounds like.

All I have for a guitar amp right now is a 60's Harmony tube practice amp. But the Hagstrom frankenstein (Hagenstein?) sounds good through it. Unfortunately, I don't have any way to record the beast and put it on the interwebs. Y'all ever make it out here to the middle of nowhere, I'll let you have at it in person. My 'collection' is not impressive, just a few guitars that have unique personalities and sentimental value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3