Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Thomas
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas

Thomas

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) Empty
PostSubject: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:51 pm

I am originally a drummer, but have completely fallen in love with guitars over the years.
I am wondering what kind of guitars you all have and play.
This includes bass players, too, because bass is also a guitar, just a very specialized type.

I'll start:

G&L "Climax Plus" (U.S.-made)
Peavey "Predator" (U.S.-made), customized (shown in my pic)
Watson "7" (7-string), customized
Godin "Detour", customized
Taylor "210-T" (acoustic)
G&L 'Tribute Series' "SB-2" (bass)
Ibanez "SR500" (bass)

Pleased don't be embarrassed to post here if you don't think your guitars are as "good" as mine... I'm still curious to know what you play.
And conversely, please don't be embarrassed to post here if your guitars are BETTER than mine... I don't mind having something to drool over! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.unforsaken.ca
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:36 pm

Well, since I left the worship team at church I don't really "play" anymore, but I have a Schecter C1-plus. It''s has really nice action and works very well as a live guitar.

I used to have an incredibly cheap Washburn bass, but I never played it so I gave it to someone who wanted to learn how to play.

(here is a picture of my Schecter)

Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) C1-Plus-BlackCherry

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:39 pm

Here's my list:

BASSES
Fender Jazz 5 string (made in America)
Tobias "Toby" Pro-6 six string
Epiphone "Viola" 4 string fretless
Johnson acoustic 4 string (it was my dad's)
Epiphone "Dot" 4 string (also my dad's)

GUITARS
Epiphone "Dot" semi-hollow electric
SX GG-5 semi-hollow electric
Ibanez acoustic
Washburn Rover travel guitar

I also have a couple of acoustics of my dad's that I need to find a home for. They are taking up a lot of needed space.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:15 am

Basses:
Ibanez SRA500

Acoustic guitars:
Yamaha (dunno what model exactly)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:09 am

I have really nice gear. I just wish I had the inspiration to work on music again. I really wish I had a couple of people locally who wanted to play live from time to time.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:14 am

I play guitar.
I have an old Peavy T 30 and an Epiphone Les Paul "Black Beauty".
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:06 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I have really nice gear. I just wish I had the inspiration to work on music again. I really wish I had a couple of people locally who wanted to play live from time to time.

Wanna collaborate on something?
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Staybrite: Hmmm... I don't know anything about Schecter, but I keep hearing about them. Gonna have to check 'em out!

Alldat: Wow... you've got a lot more than the last time I talked to you about guitars! Smile
About inspiration: Move to Peterborough, dude... we'll get something goin' for sure! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:23 pm

DBF: Really curious about that SRA, dude! I've had a few Ibanez basses in my time, and they ALL rocked, even the lower end ones.

Yvonne: Yayy Peavey! Big Peavey fan here! (U.S.-made models, anyway, which I know yours is).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Thomas wrote:
Staybrite: Hmmm... I don't know anything about Schecter, but I keep hearing about them. Gonna have to check 'em out!

I actually had no intentions of buying one, but I had almost $1000 to buy a decent amp and electric guitar (I was previously just playing acoustic with our praise band at church). I found a really nice 2x12 120w Crate amp (with built in effects that were actually pretty decent) for just under $400. Sadly the guitar I wanted was a mid-priced Les Paul that was going for $1200 (way out of my price range). I tried the much more cost conscience Epiphone and just didn't like it, someone else recommended the Schecter, I was actually able to get a top end model (at the time) for about $400. It handled (and sounded) nearly as well as the expensive Les Paul....so I was sold. Our primary electric lead guy was an old hand (who had a beautiful smokey gray Les Paul), he had played in several touring bands in the 70's and 80's (Ruby and the Romantics, Hogfat, Les Manz)....I took him with me to pick out the guitar and the amp. He really liked both the guitar and the amp (I had a tough time getting him to stop playing them so I could make the purchase). He went back a few months later and bought the exact same amp himself. So I was pretty happy

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Cool. I'll have to see if any of the stores around here sell them. I'll ask Hoops as well if he knows anything about them.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Thomas: My brother has two Schecters, a 6-string V guitar and a 7-string normal guitar. Pretty cool.

Also, the SRA500 is pretty darn sweet. They feel like other Soundgear basses. I got mine at Steve's Music.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:49 am

danielbandfan wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Maybe. What do you have in mind?

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:51 am

Thomas wrote:

Alldat: Wow... you've got a lot more than the last time I talked to you about guitars! Smile
About inspiration: Move to Peterborough, dude... we'll get something goin' for sure! Very Happy

Actually, except for the two basses that were my dad's, I haven't bought new gear in about 4 years. It's the same stuff. I think just the passage of time allowed your memory to fade.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:57 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Maybe. What do you have in mind?

Something for the Saint tribute?
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:21 pm

I just picked guitar up late December, so I've got a Dean Vendetta XM (the starter model). I'm hoping to upgrade once I get out of college here in a couple months and find myself a job.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Quote :
I think just the passage of time allowed your memory to fade.
Well, that's quite possible, especially with the lack of sleep lately due to the new baby! Razz
But seriously, I only knew about three basses, and later you had also mentioned the 2 left by your dad. I wasn't aware of the rest... guess you never mentioned them.

silentthunder: Nice starter, from what I know of it. How does it play?
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:02 am

[quote="Thomas"]
Quote :

silentthunder: Nice starter, from what I know of it. How does it play?

It plays pretty solid for something of its price (got it for $100). It has a real nice tone. I bought a Digitech RP155 effects pedal to hook it up to and it plays like a dream, perfect for metal. My only complaints with it was after owning it for only a few months I had to replace the input jack. Also some of the tuning knobs are a little loose, but other than that it's been pretty good to me.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Get you a set of Grover tuners (they are about $70) and replace those tuners. I had to do that with the cheapy SX guitar I have. With those tuners, I actually prefer the feel and sound of the SX over the Epiphone.

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Get you a set of Grover tuners (they are about $70) and replace those tuners. I had to do that with the cheapy SX guitar I have. With those tuners, I actually prefer the feel and sound of the SX over the Epiphone.

That's not a bad idea! I saw that Guitar Center has a set for about $50, so I might just pick up a set to tide me over until I upgrade my guitar. I'm thinking I might stick with Dean and buy me one of these:

Dean Michael Angelo Batio MAB3
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Tuners:
Cool... that's a great price for Grovers! Go for it!
I of course upgraded the tuners on my Peavey "Predator"... not Grovers... just a $35 set of something that was much better than what the guitar came with originally... BIG improvement!
Of course, that guitar is completely customized - tuners, back pickup, pick-guard, jack plate... even the switch and the strap pins! It's COMPLETELY my own guitar.

I'll take a look at that link...
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:28 pm

Link no workie! Smile
The site gives a message saying...
"We're sorry, but the product that you are searching for is sold
out at this time, or is no longer available. For more information please
contact customer service."
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Sorry about that! Here's a link to the Dean site, the one I'm looking into buying is the MAB3:

http://www.deanguitars.com/mab_series.php
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:39 pm

OK, thanks. I'll go take a peek...
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:57 pm

that link worked...

got baby in one arn, typing with other hand... not easy!

very cool looking guitar! i like it!

what colour are you thinking of? how much does it go for?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)   Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention guitarists: What's your axe? (Bassists too!)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next