Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cool suggestion... maybe

Go down 
+4
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Cool suggestion... maybe Empty
PostSubject: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:39 am

I've been to sites that have music player on them. The ones that automatically play are annoying, but the ones with controls are cool.

Wouldn't it be neat, and inviting to have 2 or 3 players embedded here at CHM. 1 that would play a station of classic hard music, 1 that plays harder stuff for the younguns, and 1 that's more on the pop rock side.

Then when hangin' out here at CHM you could listen to your fav station.... Cool suggestion... maybe 737924

(I know, it's just an idea though.... let's hear all the reasons why it wouldn't/couldn't happen...) Mad

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:01 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:20 pm

It only would happen if I had someone who was willing to put in that kind of work to make it happen and make it work. I don't have the programming savvy or the time.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 5:32 pm

So it is possible...

Hey Moderators with extra time on your hands ! (nudge nudge)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 5:51 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
...... I don't have the programming savvy or the time.

Ditto

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 1:06 am

I don't have the savvy either, and unfortunately have a lot less time than I used to have at present. Even my website has only been updated twice since April!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 5:18 am

Quote :
So it is possible...

I guess anything is possible. It would have to be in the same language as our background is (CSS, I think). Then, someone would have to put together the playlists to have streaming. Then, on top of that, I would want to make sure that we LEGALLY could do this so that we didn't get shut down/sued by the RIAA.

I like the idea, but there is a lot of work that would have to go into it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 5:37 am

Maybe I can do this, but if I do, I need help what to do.
I've a bit more time than the others.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 8:40 am

I look into the embedding process and which radio stations are allowed...
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 5:25 pm

I thought about this a bit (all of ten seconds). None of this is criticism, but just thoughts…

-- Wouldn't it be simpler to link to various stations instead?
-- What stations would we play? (as in: our own playlists; mirroring other playlists; …)
-- If we do this, it shouldn't be in Adobe Flash or Shockwave. We should use JavaScript or HTML5.
-- We would need extra bandwidth to stream all the data.

Not trying to spoil the party, but these are things we gotta think about…
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:18 pm

Quote :

You're not spoiling anything as those are very good points to ponder.

I don't believe any domain bandwidth is eaten if it's streamed from a 3rd party site. Which makes your 1st question valid.

Unfortunately I've thought more about this and don't think it'll work. A site that streams stations has to remain at a home page while the surfer goes to different pages (otherwise you'd hafta restart it everytime you go to another page). I know how to do this in HTML, but have no clue how it'd work on a board.

Back to the drawing board....
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:51 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

I don't believe any domain bandwidth is eaten if it's streamed from a 3rd party site. Which makes your 1st question valid.

Unfortunately I've thought more about this and don't think it'll work. A site that streams stations has to remain at a home page while the surfer goes to different pages (otherwise you'd hafta restart it everytime you go to another page). I know how to do this in HTML, but have no clue how it'd work on a board.

It could theoretically work if it opens in a pop-up window, kind of a stand-alone player. That way you don't have to worry about the stream being cut by traveling to another page.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 7:02 pm

Quote :
It could theoretically work if it opens in a pop-up window, kind of a stand-alone player. That way you don't have to worry about the stream being cut by traveling to another page.

Sayyyy, now THAT's an idea. An idea that would work pretty good.

What say ye, mods ?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Let me talk to the staff and see what they think, okay?

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

Sayyyy, now THAT's an idea. An idea that would work pretty good.

What say ye, mods ?

Sounds like you might be talking yourself into another project.Cool suggestion... maybe 802946

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:16 am

silentthunder89 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

I was thinking of that, sorta like Myspace.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 10:11 am

Wonder if some of our resident podcasters and radio personalities would be willing to allow their shows to be streamed ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 3:14 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Wonder if some of our resident podcasters and radio personalities would be willing to allow their shows to be streamed ?

You're just full of good idea's aren't you? I think the "Heaven's Metal Podcast" would certainly be a good candidate. Sadly MetalFRO's "Gambut" show is live only (no podcast) so I don't think that would work out.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Quote :
You're just full of good idea's aren't you?

Hey I'm just brainstorming here... (course that means it's a small storm)
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:01 pm

I think your biggest hurdle will be trying to integrate it into the software they use here. I'm not sure we can even use scripts to open a new window. But if you know of other niceboard/forumotion/etc boards that have said streams, we could just copy what they've done.

As far as legality, you'd need to use a reputable streaming host (Live365?) that is paying the fees for you, which in turn costs us money.

The simplest solution is likely just linking to outside streams that you operate. I imagine those could be added into the header CSS.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool suggestion... maybe   Cool suggestion... maybe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool suggestion... maybe
Page 1 of 1