Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Check Out: Above Only

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Check Out: Above Only Empty
PostSubject: Check Out: Above Only   Check Out: Above Only I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:09 am

I coincidentally found these guys just now while I was looking up another band called Advocate Seven to see what they were up to. Turns out, Advocate Seven merged with a couple guys from some other band and now they're called "Above Only". To me, it sounds like if Decyfer Down and Chris Daughtry had a baby together with a little southern flair. I found out they're also on tour with Decyfer Down currently. The singer has a GREAT voice and the music is above average. And don't look now, but they even have a guitar solo in their first song "Truth" Wink

https://www.facebook.com/aoband?sk=app_2405167945

Or you can go here if you don't have facebook

http://www.onesheet.com/aoband/

Update:
I found out that they actually put out 2 EP's back in 2009 (self-titled) and 2010 (Orphan) that flew COMPLETELY under the radar! You can get them both on Amazon MP3 or Itunes (just for you Alldat Wink ). Here's a video of their last single called Orphan (ignore the Michael Jackson clip at the beginning lol)

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Check Out: Above Only   Check Out: Above Only I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:03 pm

Yeah, I've heard of these guys and have a couple songs (including Orphan). I think only the drummer (from the ep's) is the only original member left. Good band
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Check Out: Above Only   Check Out: Above Only I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:17 am

It sounds good, just not the style I like the most. I occasionally listen to both Daughtry and Decyfer Down - but not consistently. Thanks for sharing though Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Check Out: Above Only   Check Out: Above Only I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:58 am

I am diggin' the sound of that clip! Where have these guys been hiding?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Check Out: Above Only   Check Out: Above Only I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:46 am

Silentthunder, you are great in finding cool new music for awhile.
Listening to the clip now.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Check Out: Above Only   Check Out: Above Only I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:18 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I am diggin' the sound of that clip! Where have these guys been hiding?

I have no idea!! I read on thier facebook that they're finishing up a new single called After We Have Gone. And they also claim to have upgraded their sound! I wonder what that could mean...

I actually like their first EP (self titled) a bit better. It has a bit more of a southern feel to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check Out: Above Only   Check Out: Above Only I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Check Out: Above Only
Page 1 of 1