Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)

Go down 
+9
oldschooldoom
MetalFRO
Follower of Jesus
icon_red
alldatndensum
ChosenOne
Staybrite
rockerVu2
Ahlitah
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) Empty
PostSubject: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Didn't see this posted,

Some of the previous members of Guardian is starting up something! just an EP

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/guardian1

Hearing some samples, sounds not too bad!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:48 am

Check out the tread with "Only a rumor" as title.
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:31 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Check out the tread with "Only a rumor" as title.

I did see that after I posted, but thats a rumour for a New Guardian EP.

This is for a band with former members of Guardian!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Wow, I just listened to the samples and I gotta say that I'm not terribly impressed. I know it is a long time since Paul sang on the "First Watch" album but he sounds somewhat "out-of-shape" vocally on these songs.

I'm probably gonna pass on this one.

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 5:15 pm

This just makes absolutley no sense to me. I mean, I'm a huge Guardian fan and actually liked First Watch but I don't know about this. Guardian didn't really get popular till F&L and those that know Guardian know it as Jamie/David/Karl & Tony, so again whats the point?. It's like the mainstream band LA Guns who has 2 different versions and now it's seams like Guardian is becoming the LA Guns of Christian rock
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 8:53 am

Two different projects for the same band?
Only with other members?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:54 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Two different projects for the same band?
Only with other members?

I don't think any of the guys performing on the Guardian1 EP are any of the same members that are currently in the "official" Guardian.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:12 pm

I don't see this really going anywhere. The clips are largely forgetable. Besides, even if this were the OFFICIAL Guardian, they've already been dumped on for going alternative with "Bottle Rocket". I don't think most Guardian fans are going to really like this. I didn't.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
icon_red

icon_red

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:02 pm

It's a tad mellow, but I like it...
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:32 am

Horrid! 20 years changes a lot of things. Perhaps Bach and Palacios were the real genius behind First Watch?
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:27 pm

Interesting. I'll have to listen to the samples when I get a chance to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Actually sounds pretty good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 2:08 pm

I don't do mp3's, but it sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:12 pm

A bit more modern sounding than the groups "First Watch" days but still sounds pretty good. Had no problem with the vocals either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
phantomgeneration

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Check out Phantom Generation on MySpace music. Free music from a project Paul Cawley worked on following his departure from Guardian post First Watch. Incidentally the guy who laid down the guitar and bass work on this new G1 recording was in Phantom Generation as well. Search them on Facebook for more info too. Cool stuff!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:46 am

Welcome phantomgeneration to CHM.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:13 pm

phantomgeneration wrote:
Check out Phantom Generation on MySpace music. Free music from a project Paul Cawley worked on following his departure from Guardian post First Watch. Incidentally the guy who laid down the guitar and bass work on this new G1 recording was in Phantom Generation as well. Search them on Facebook for more info too. Cool stuff!

Sounds like cool stuff PG!! I'm really digging the tunes!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:42 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Welcome phantomgeneration to CHM.

Yes, you are quite welcome here! (group hug)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)   Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guardian1 (New Band from Former Guardian members)
Page 1 of 1