Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A facelift for CHM???

Go down 
+7
Guilty/Forgiven
sabidoo
Driven
Fundy
Hardkore
Staybrite
alldatndensum
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:04 pm

VERY COOL ! Good job !

Color's awesome, Format's more modern and clean looking, love the details....

Only change I would make would be some sort of line separating each post, so they don't run together. But hey, I could get used to it if I had to.

Very nice. Kudos !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:11 pm

I dig it!

A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 676823

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Very cool indeed! A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 676823
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Like the new format.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:12 am

We will keep working to tweak it just a bit. I want to shrink the logo, add a guitar pic at the top, and brighten up the red in this zone just a bit so that you can see the black background better. I'd also like to get the quote boxes to be black with white lettering instead of white with black lettering.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:32 pm

One thing you might want to look into...At the top and bottom of the page it has a link that says "Locked". Scroll over it and it says "reply to topic". Might need to fix that. I was a little confused and bewildered by that.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Hardkore wrote:
One thing you might want to look into...At the top and bottom of the page it has a link that says "Locked". Scroll over it and it says "reply to topic". Might need to fix that. I was a little confused and bewildered by that.
That's an error in the skin files. Chris will need to contact vendor to get a corrected image file.

topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:48 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I'd also like to get the quote boxes to be black with white lettering instead of white with black lettering.
You mean like this? (as Topshot disappears into the ether...) What a Face

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Yes. I didn't see where I needed to make that change.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:58 pm

I answered that in the Mod Squad.

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Lookin good ya'all. Love the guitar masthead ! Very clean and rockin !

Prolly already know, but when you enter a thread, it no longer has a pathway at top. You hafta click on "home" to get back. No biggy, just a change that ppl may hafta get used to.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:18 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Ditto! A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 676823

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 7:06 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Prolly already know, but when you enter a thread, it no longer has a pathway at top. You hafta click on "home" to get back. No biggy, just a change that ppl may hafta get used to.

I've noticed that and would like to rectify that. If you want to go back to the main menu now, just click the logo/pic at the top.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:20 am

This just keeps getting better and better. A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 676823
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:57 am

Quote :
.At the top and bottom of the page it has a link that says "Locked".
That what I had too.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
when you enter a thread, it no longer has a pathway at top.
Fixed. Didn't know anybody ever used that.

Can't do anything about the Locked as the image file itself is bad. I'm not taking the time to create one so we either live with it, Chris asks the vendor of the skin for corrected file or someone like Guilty creates one.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:51 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
when you enter a thread, it no longer has a pathway at top.
Fixed. Didn't know anybody ever used that.

I use that one occasion myself, thanks for replacing it.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:21 am

WOW!!! is all I can say. I like it!

A few things, which may be requests (Embarassed Sad ) or just comments (:thumb: Smile ):
1- I thought the font would be a little bigger, Alldatndensum? I know you've talked about that a lot and I'm surprised it's so small. I myself have trouble reading it. Embarassed
2- "Locked" - you've noted that, so that's good. Smile
3- Sweet Schecter! I like it. :thumb:
4- Mobile skin is still the same, all good. :thumb:
5- The "profile" "PM" buttons look a little weird. I figured out they were guitar heads but they look weird. The text looks a little squished. Embarassed
6- No bass love? Sad

Once again, I like it, despite comments 1, 5 and 6. Thanks Alldat!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 9:51 am

Actually, the font is the same size that it was. I can increase it if more people want me to. You were the one complaining that it was too big before. However, I have it on the same 12 font that it was after the increase.

As for number 5 & 6, I can't change either. Seeing that this was a skin and not something I made, the text in the buttons will remain the same size. Also, the guitar was made into the skin and did not give you the choice of bass or guitar. I play both, so it doesn't bother me. You'll just have to learn to live with it.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 9:56 am

When the font can be a little bit bigger will it make me a bit more happy.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:04 am

I have made it a 16 font and changed the color from light gray to white to make it contrast better on the background color. Those changes should make it easier to read.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:41 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I have made it a 16 font and changed the color from light gray to white to make it contrast better on the background color. Those changes should make it easier to read.
Except you didn't do it in the CSS so it had no effect. I changed it late last night.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:56 pm

What do you mean "in the CSS"? Some of us are just normal humans that don't speak computer geek fluently.

Razz

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 10:17 pm

When you're in the Colors area (where you've been editing colors and font size with little to no apparent effect), the other tab there is "CSS Stylesheet". It is set up to take precedence over the other tab. You'll note I just changed font size to 8 in the Colors tab and it hasn't done anything.

It isn't user friendly at all and I myself don't know or use CSS but since I'm a programmer, I know enough of what to look for to change basic stuff like colors and font size.

It appears you can disable the CSS but I bet you lose functionality of the skin. CSS is far more powerful than the basic interface of the Colors tab.

Oh, and CSS = Cascading Style Sheet

Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 8:54 am

Oh yeah… one small thing changed on the mobile version. Alldatndensum's name shows up in bold red in the post header; it used to be normal white.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A facelift for CHM???   A facelift for CHM??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A facelift for CHM???
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next