Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?

Go down 
+5
Black Rider
sabidoo
rockerVu2
Staybrite
alldatndensum
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? Empty
PostSubject: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:00 am

If so, under what circumstances? I have removed several lately due to just never talking to them or seeing these people post. I am thinking of removing another because all they do is post song videos of which I am not interested.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:27 am

I have "hidden" several family members and old friends, because I have little interest in what they post (but didn't delete them). I have only deleted a couple of people....one was the drummer from my old church. He is a great guy but he is trying to make a living a music and I get spam messages from him twice a week regarding performances from one of the several bands he is in (it was really annoying)

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:44 am

I get a few of those from a couple of CMR friends. Maybe I'll hide them and just reply to stuff when they reply to a mutual friend.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 3:33 pm

Sounds like a good idea.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 4:38 pm

I seldom remove friends from Facebook. One was posting strange messages and I thought it'was time to delete him.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:24 pm

I removed HUNDREDS of people that I used to play Mafia Wars with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm

Mostly block 'em. I have removed a couple guys that used to be here at the ranch I work at 'cause they were posting pictures of them getting stoned. Besides being depressing to me I don't want to see it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Quote :
I removed HUNDREDS of people that I used to play Mafia Wars with.

So did I. But, I was talking more about people that you occasionally talk to or know in real life.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 1:23 pm

I had hooked up with a guy I knew in high school who has mental handicaps. It was cool to chat with him on facebook and be an encouragement to him.

About a month or so later, I was shocked to see his new avatar - him and his "boyfriend"... I kinda let that slide for a while cuz I wanted to be compassionate.

Until he started posting Gay Agenda events every week.

I de-friended him. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:07 pm

That probably would have been too much for me as well.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:56 pm

I only remove friends when they keep being pestilential and messaging me stuff all the time that I don't care about. If someone only posts spam on their status, it's easy to hide it. If they post trash on my wall, they get a block.

I have a lot of Christian metal fans on my friend list as well, most of them I've never met (Alldatndensum, Sabidoo, Fundy, for example) and most of those are just there to talk about rock/metal and be an encouragement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Well... there was this one guy with an annoying GPS based hobby that he kept plugging. We'll call him Allsumndendat. I had to unfriend that dood.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Ouch!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:34 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Well... there was this one guy with an annoying GPS based hobby that he kept plugging. We'll call him Allsumndendat. I had to unfriend that dood.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:29 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:33 am

If Dale Thompson were on this forum he'd have to answer with yes…
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:26 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
I only remove friends when they keep being pestilential and messaging me stuff all the time that I don't care about. If someone only posts spam on their status, it's easy to hide it. If they post trash on my wall, they get a block.

I have a lot of Christian metal fans on my friend list as well, most of them I've never met (Alldatndensum, Sabidoo, Fundy, for example) and most of those are just there to talk about rock/metal and be an encouragement.

yup.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:05 pm

I try to use Facebook strictly as a "family update" tool. Whereas my son sees it as an accomplishment to have over 700 friends, my goal is to have less than 50 friends.... even then, I don't know who THEY all are... Prolly go through and start removing some of the ones I have no interest in.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:24 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
.... my goal is to have less than 50 friends.... even then, I don't know who THEY all are... Prolly go through and start removing some of the ones I have no interest in.

I think I probably have less than 50 f.b. friends already (let me check)......drat I actually have 51 friends....(but that includes you G/F). I would say you could just delete me, but I would probably take it personally.

Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? 287212

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:15 pm

I could never delete my buddy Gar !

You post so infrequently, it's like you're not there anyways ! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I could never delete my buddy Gar !

You post so infrequently, it's like you're not there anyways ! Laughing

Ah very true. I try to post at least once a month (about the same time I take my monthly bath)....sometimes I don't make it.

Laughing

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:58 pm

I still have over 300 FB friends. I am little by little removing some that just needed to go.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Quote :
once a month (about the same time I take my monthly bath)

lol!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:26 pm

Quote :
I still have over 300 FB friends

WOW ! I can barely keep up with 50
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:40 am

I go through periodically and prune my list. The last few I trimmed off were just people who were just always negative about everything and just wanted to gripe. I also tend to drop people who are pushing agendas I'm not into. Oh yeah, and people who are always bugging me, I mean inviting me, to play some game on there--I won't let myself get started with those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?   Do you ever remove friends from Facebook? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you ever remove friends from Facebook?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next