Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.  Empty
PostSubject: The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.    The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:21 am

Here are the answers on the questions you had for Emil from Ulterium Records.

- I would like to know what the label's criteria is for signing new act's,
and if they consider themselves a "Christian Label".
It would also be cool to know what else they plan on releasing in 2011.

It's really important that the band "click" for me. I would never sign a band to Ulterium just because I know that it will sell well. I have to enjoy the music, have a good feeling about the guys in the band, and a good general feeling about the band.

Personally I don't want to call a business "christian", that's why I can't see Ulterium Records as a "Christian label". There are christian bands on the label though, and also bands that aren't christian bands, but with christian members.

For 2011 we have quite some plans! We're hoping on new albums from Theocracy, Harmony and Incrave. We're also working on a couple of cool re-issues, and new signings as well. One of the new signings is a female fronted metal band, that I know will blow people away, high quality stuff all the way!
So there should be lots of activities during the coming year. Smile

- When will the next albums from Harmony and Theocracy be released?

The next Theocracy album should be released fall 2011 if everything goes as planned. The new Harmony album is in the works and we hope to be able to release it during 2011, but we can't make any promises.

- My question is how do you find bands for Ulterium Records?

We receive maybe 10-20 emails/demos/albums from bands every week, so finding bands is not a problem. Smile But most of the signings so far have been from contacts.

I've known the guys from Darkwater/Harmony for some years, so it felt natural to co-operate with them, and they felt the same. I've been a big Seventh Avenue fan for 12 years, and have been in contact with Herbie for many years, so because of that the Sinbreed deal happened. A German friend of mine were in contact with Innerwish, and out of that our deal came together. I guess you see the pattern? Smile

- Is Ulterium Records a label too where bands
can release their CDs or only meant to buy the CDs from the bands you have
in Ulterium Records?
( I'm not sure if I post this question on CHM. It's a question I have
thought about.

Ulterium Records is a label, that's right. We also have our online store where we sell our releases though.

- Tell us how Ulterium started.

The years before I started Ulterium Records I helped out a few labels with promotion and distribution, and got to know the business side of things. Those labels worked with extreme metal though, and since I've always loved melodic metal the thoughts of starting a label specializing in that area began to occur.

Ulterium Records was started in February 2006 when I signed the Swedish band Evergrace, and their album was the first release on the label, released September 2006.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.    The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:05 pm

Ok, the reissues part and the new band with female vocals both interest me highly.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.    The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:32 pm

Very cool. Thanks RockerVu2 and Emil. (I'm also very interested to find out what that female lead band is too.)
Thumbs Up

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.    The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:44 pm

My interest goes to the new Harmony.
Always liked this band.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.    The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:19 am

Thanks for the interview Andrew.... cool stuff...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.    The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:38 am

Quote :

Stupid
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.    The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:29 pm

mr.electric40 wrote:

Nope not Andrew's interview....Yvonne did that one. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.    The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The interview with Emil from Ulterium Records.
Page 1 of 1