Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christ? Mas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
theoriginalironman

theoriginalironman

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Christ? Mas Empty
PostSubject: Christ? Mas   Christ? Mas I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:24 am

A lot of us believe in a jealous God that will have no idols before Him. Yet, on December 25th, the Romans, the Egyptians, the Persians, the Greek, and the Babylonians, before the Christians, celebrated the birth of their gods. As the Bride of Christ, I'm uncertain of how God feels about this.

If you were a groom of a bride who's supposed to be spotless, how you would feel about them celebrating your birthday on the day of another god?

This isn't some fanatical bit of paranoid mumbo-jumbo- but something that is confirmed by many scholars (concerning its pagan origins) ... and I'm not condemning Christmas, I'm just wondering how to weigh this out- our God is a jealous God ...and before Him, there can be no other.

Therefore, shouldn't that jealousy and His desire for a bride, distinct from the world, carry over into this?
Back to top Go down
theoriginalironman

theoriginalironman

Christ? Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christ? Mas   Christ? Mas I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:39 am

Figured I'd add some Scripture to this.

Quote :
"Be very careful never to make a treaty with the people who live in the land where you are going. If you do, you will follow their evil ways and be trapped. Instead, you must break down their pagan altars, smash their sacred pillars, and cut down their Asherah poles.

You must worship no other gods, for the Lord, whose very name is Jealous, is a God who is jealous about his relationship with you.You must not make a treaty of any kind with the people living in the land. They lust after their gods, offering sacrifices to them.

They will invite you to join them in their sacrificial meals, and you will go with them. Then you will accept their daughters, who sacrifice to other gods, as wives for your sons. And they will seduce your sons to commit adultery against me by worshiping other gods."- Exodus 34:12-14 (NLT)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Christ? Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christ? Mas   Christ? Mas I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:51 am

Quote :
If you were a groom of a bride who's supposed to be spotless, how you would feel about them celebrating your birthday on the day of another god?

Since all things were created through Him and for Him, that means that Christ made that day. I think He would be honored that we exalt Him over any false god any and every day since the days belong to our Lord.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Christ? Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christ? Mas   Christ? Mas I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Personally I think we should move Christmas to June or July and let the secular world (and other religions) have the "Holidays" to ruin as they see fit.

theoriginalironman

Christ? Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christ? Mas   Christ? Mas I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:56 pm

I don't mind the spirit of Christmas, as being about giving and good-will and all that. I know a lot of people use Christmas to witness to people- but the fact that so many secular and pagan people are okay with celebrating it tells me that there's something not right with it, because the enemy will have nothing to do with the celebration of anything to do with our King. Period.
Back to top Go down

Christ? Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christ? Mas   Christ? Mas I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:14 am

I'll admit, I still bow down and worship my Christmas tree sometimes. It's a tough habit to break, but I'm working on it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Christ? Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christ? Mas   Christ? Mas I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:37 am

I don't think that Jesus is dishonored at all by us worshiping Him on Dec. 25 or on Oct. 31 or any of the other 363 days of the year.

Sometimes, though, I do wish that Christmas and our day of exchanging gifts were on different days. I know both Canada and Holland have a religious day and a secular. As commercial of a focus as our Christmas is, I wouldn't mind splitting the two so that Jesus comes back to the front.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Christ? Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christ? Mas   Christ? Mas I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I'll admit, I still bow down and worship my Christmas tree sometimes. It's a tough habit to break, but I'm working on it.

Maybe you could ask Santa for an accountability partner?

Christ? Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christ? Mas   Christ? Mas I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:42 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

I tried that, but he just wanted to drop me off at The Island of Misfit Toys.

Christ? Mas 323360628_bbf3a560fc
Back to top Go down

Christ? Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christ? Mas   Christ? Mas I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:43 pm

"WE'RE MISFITS!" Razz

And LOLling at TT's Christmas tree issues. Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Christ? Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christ? Mas   Christ? Mas I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

I tried that, but he just wanted to drop me off at The Island of Misfit Toys.

Yoiks! Better watch out for that flaky elf that thinks he's a dentist.

Christ? Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christ? Mas   Christ? Mas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christ? Mas
Page 1 of 1