Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oprah Preaching False Christ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Oprah Preaching False Christ? Empty
PostSubject: Oprah Preaching False Christ?   Oprah Preaching False Christ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 8:19 am

Subject: Oprah joins false prophets Bible warned about

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/007/smith-oprah.htm

"Oprah and Friends" to teach course on New Age Christ

Jesus Christ being reinvented, redefined, and blasphemed and, this false New- Age Christ teaching is about to make huge inroads into the world, with the help of the queen of television talk shows, Oprah Winfrey.

Oprah Winfrey, beginning January 1, 2008, on her daily radio program will offer a year-long course on the New Age Christ , in a lesson a day and completely cover the 365 lessons from the Course in Miracles "Workbook."

Listeners will be encouraged to buy A Course in Miracles for the year-long course, and an audio version, recited by Richard (John Boy
Walton) Thomas will be available on compact disc.

Those who finish the Course will have a wholly redefined spiritual mindset-a New Age worldview that include the beliefs that there is no sin, no evil, no devil. A Course in Miracles teaches its students to rethink everything they believe about God and life, and, bluntly
states: "This is a course in mind training" and is dedicated to "thought reversal."

The Course in Miracles -in reality-is the truth of the Bible turned upside down.

Oprah told her television audience that Williamson's book, A Course in Miracles was one of her favorite books, and that she had already bought a thousand copies and would be handing them out to everyone in her studio audience. Oprah's endorsement skyrocketed Williamson's book to the top of the New York Times bestseller list .

A Course in Miracles is allegedly a "new revelation" from "Jesus" to help humanity work through these troubled times. This "Jesus"-who bears no doctrinal resemblance to the Bible's Jesus Christ-began delivering channeled teachings in 1965 to a Columbia University Professor of Medical Psychology, Helen Schucman.

One day Schucman heard an "inner voice" stating, "This is a course in miracles. Please take notes." For seven years she diligently took spiritual dictation from this voice that described himself as "Jesus."

Here are some quotes from the "Jesus" voice of A Course in Miracles :

· "There is no sin . . . "

· A "slain Christ has no meaning."

· "The journey to the cross should be the last ' useless journey."

· "Do not make the pathetic error of 'clinging to the old rugged cross.'"

· "The Name of Jesus Christ as such is but a symbol... It is a symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many names of all the gods to which you pray."

· "The recognition of God is the recognition of yourself."

· "The Atonement is the final lesson he [man] need learn, for it teaches him that, never having sinned, he has no need of salvation."

Popular author Wayne Dyer told his PBS television audience that the "brilliant writing" of A Course in Miracles would produce more peace in the world.

The Course in Miracles-based book, Forgiveness, continues to be sold in Robert Schuller's Crystal Cathedral bookstore as Schuller prepares to host a January 17-19, 2008, "Rethink Conference" at his Crystal Cathedral.

2 Timothy 3 (King James Version)

King James Version (KJV)

2 Timothy 3

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Oprah Preaching False Christ?   Oprah Preaching False Christ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 1:07 pm

Oprah has totally gone off the deep end (not that it was much of a fall), first she supports Obama, and now this.

I think she is starting to feel her age, and fearing the coming of death, she is grasping at straws.

Again another false religion attaches itself to the name of Christ in an effort to lend credibility to it's insanity.
I can't believe anyone would buy into the new age garbage. Even before I was a Christian I wouldn't have fallen for this stupidity. Why not just invent your own religion?...... Oh wait, that's what they did.

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Oprah Preaching False Christ?   Oprah Preaching False Christ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:34 pm

Mormon II

I'm just sayin'.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Oprah Preaching False Christ?   Oprah Preaching False Christ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 5:21 pm

sabidoo wrote:
Mormon II

I'm just sayin'.....

That was pretty much my thought as well.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Oprah Preaching False Christ?   Oprah Preaching False Christ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:53 am

What I know is that New Age has nothing to do with Jesus.
We have to be very carefull with things like this.
The Bible warned us for false religions.

Here are religions too who look great.
If you listen to others who know more of these religions and look to the scriptures in the Bible you know it's not true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oprah Preaching False Christ?   Oprah Preaching False Christ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oprah Preaching False Christ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: