Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico Empty
PostSubject: After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico   After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 10:21 pm

Another new discovery is After Omega, a power metal/thrash outfit from Puerto Rico. The band kind of reminds me of Boarders, Barren Cross or Antithesis with their melding of the melodic and aggressive.

Samples can be heard at: www.myspace.com/afteromegamusic

You can also download the bands album for free: http://rapidshare.com/files/47041407/After_Omega.zip
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico   After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 9:04 am

Topshot started a thread to get a free CD from After Omega.
some days ago.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico   After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 11:48 am

Yes, thanks to topshot half (or more) of us have downloaded their first demo for free. If you don't have it yet, you can get it from this link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/47041407/After_Omega.zip

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico   After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 7:43 pm

I have to be the first to rain on everyone's parade. I downloaded this and burned it to CD to listen to at work. I just didn't care for it at all.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico   After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 8:05 pm

It's not your normal style.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico   After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 10:12 pm

I've only listened to the first two tracks but I have to confess that I didn't care much for it either. But I will have to give it a few more listens before I know for sure.

It's still really cool to be able to check it all out for free.
--

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico   After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 2:00 pm

Ok I have listened to some more of it now, and I actually really like a few of the tracks.
Broken Soul is a really good one.

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico   After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 3:41 pm

I downloaded the album yesterday and listened to it for the first time this morning. Upon first impression it is "OK" but am going to have to give it more time before reaching a final opinion. Some albums take more time than others.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico   After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 10:01 pm

The more I listen to this the more it reminds me of Divinefire- but with gruffer and raspier lead vocals.

It seems to be fairly solid musically throughout, although there is one song with extreme vocals that comes across a bit harsh.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico   After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 2:56 pm

Dynamis wrote:

It seems to be fairly solid musically throughout, although there is one song with extreme vocals that comes across a bit harsh.

Yep, that was one of the first ones I heard, and I didn't care for it. Fortunately I sat down and listened to the rest of it, because I actually really liked some of the songs.

PostSubject: Re: After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico   After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After Omega - Power Metal/Thrash from Puerto Rico
Page 1 of 1