Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Samples of new Stryper record!!!

Go down 
+6
ChosenOne
nazpastor
Noah
alldatndensum
Staybrite
silentthunder89
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Samples of new Stryper record!!! Empty
PostSubject: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:57 pm

You can hear some samples here: The Covering

This stuff sounds REALLY good!!! I've never been so excited for the release of a cover album lol
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:28 pm

I listened to most of these last night and I gotta say they sound spectacular. Sounds like one of the heaviest things they have recorded since "Soliders"

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:41 pm

I'm liking the songs. Very well done.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Noah

Noah

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Sounds good. I like the production. But is anyone else wondering why they are doing an album of covers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crosswireband
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:07 am

Noah wrote:
Sounds good. I like the production. But is anyone else wondering why they are doing an album of covers?

Stryper had this to say in one of their blogs regarding the covers album:

Quote :
We just want to loosen up a bit and show
our fans how we came to be musically. We we're heavily influenced by a
number of bands back in the 70's and early 80's and these bands helped
to shape our sound and style. This is the purpose of this record, to
show you how we evolved over the years and more important - to have a
little fun in the process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:55 am

Rumor has it that they also recorded Covers to help fulfill their record contract, pushing them closer to finding another label. I say it doesn't really matter...this album will rule!! Samples of new Stryper record!!! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Noah

Noah

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:37 am

Demolition Man wrote:
Rumor has it that they also recorded Covers to help fulfill their record contract, pushing them closer to finding another label. I say it doesn't really matter...this album will rule!! Samples of new Stryper record!!! Icon_cheers
I actually like this reason better
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:34 pm

I for one was not impressed by the Covers samplings I listened to. I loved the Boston cover on Murder By Pride, but I just really like the others I have heard from them. Perhaps with a few listens, but it is just weird for me to hear Michael Sweet belting out Carry on My Wayward Son. His voice just doesn't work for me on it. Same with several of the other covers. His voice just isn't an AOR sounding voice, so when he gets out of the metal sound he is not a favorite vocalist for me.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:47 pm

I'll probably break down and get this even thou I would prefer an album of original material. I am one of those who believes, and they will probably never admit it, that they did this to fulfill there contract. It was the easiest way to make a new album and get that 3rd album out there.

Normally I don't like 'cover" albums. Covering a song on an album is fine but not a whole album. Mainly because they really aren't adding anything new. I mean they are a rock band covering songs by other rock bands. Now the new LnJ album that is coming out is being done the correct way. He (Justin) is taking pop songs that don't rock and beefing them up. That is how you add a new spin on songs that aren't yours
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:26 am

I'm not a big fan of secular songs, so this album isn't going to be a favourite for me. However I will be buying it because it is Stryper and they have done an excellent job (according to what I've heard) and they do have one christian song on there. The music sounds great and really heavy, so I'm just hoping that when they do their next full album it will be along the same lines, and not so much of the Reborn style (which was still good, but not as good as their other stuff)

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:20 am

I'll just say two things:

1. I will probably get this, but I will put any albums with original material higher on the priority list.

2. If "Reborn" had of had guitar solos, people would have thought it to be just like "Murder By Pride".

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 12:44 pm

I am VERY interested in this one. The samples are outstanding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 12:48 pm

I kept trying to play the samples, but their website kept locking up. Still, from what I heard, I'm stoked. Samples of new Stryper record!!! 360770

(BTW, this icon thingie is a tribute to Stryper's cover of "Shout It Out Loud".) Samples of new Stryper record!!! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:50 pm

I had that problem too Demolition Man. Do what I did...right click on the speaker icon, and choose Save Target As and save the mp3 file on your computer. Then just open it in your player. I did that with all of the samples and they came thru with no problems.

I have to say: I think this album is gonna smoke! These samples sound great. They've picked songs that have no message that contradicts their faith, so we can sit back and enjoy them. This record also sounds like it may be one of their heaviest ever, if not THE heaviest.

I can respect not liking covers of others' songs, but when they're covering songs that I've barely heard, or in many cases, have never heard, it doesn't feel like a cover anymore.

I can't wait for this one!

P.S. - the new track "God" sounds pretty good from samples I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Noah

Noah

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:58 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
I had that problem too Demolition Man. Do what I did...right click on the speaker icon, and choose Save Target As and save the mp3 file on your computer. Then just open it in your player. I did that with all of the samples and they came thru with no problems.

I have to say: I think this album is gonna smoke! These samples sound great. They've picked songs that have no message that contradicts their faith, so we can sit back and enjoy them. This record also sounds like it may be one of their heaviest ever, if not THE heaviest.

I can respect not liking covers of others' songs, but when they're covering songs that I've barely heard, or in many cases, have never heard, it doesn't feel like a cover anymore.

I can't wait for this one!

P.S. - the new track "God" sounds pretty good from samples I've heard.

You've never heard most of these songs? I'm surprised. Course there are a few I dont know like the Sweet song.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2550
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Noah wrote:

You've never heard most of these songs? I'm surprised. Course there are a few I dont know like the Sweet song.

He is not the only one. Of all of those the only one I have heard before was a cover of Carry On Wayward Son by Rachel Rachel.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2505972
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Noah wrote:

He is not the only one. Of all of those the only one I have heard before was a cover of Carry On Wayward Son by Rachel Rachel.

[url=http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2505972
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2505972[/quote[/url]]

Actually "Carry On Wayward Son" is an old Kansas song. (but Rachel Rachel's version is fantastic, much much better than The Showdown's version, IMO)

I have heard all of the cover songs, but it would be understandable if many hadn't. If you were listening to mostly just Christian music in the late 70's to mid 80's you may not have heard most of these songs. Or if you were a little to young to be into rock/metal music then that might also explain why someone hadn't heard much of them.

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:50 pm

Quote :
Actually "Carry On Wayward Son" is an old Kansas
song. (but Rachel Rachel's version is fantastic, much much better than
The Showdown's version, IMO)

I liked The Showdown's version, but I wish they would've included all the guitar solos (or their own guitar solos) from the original. I do think they did a good job of incorporating their own style into the song though. I haven't heard Rachel Rachel's version before. Maybe I'll go check it out.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:21 pm

[quote="Staybrite"]
Hardkore wrote:
Noah wrote:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2505972[/quote]

Actually "Carry On Wayward Son" is an old Kansas song. (but Rachel Rachel's version is fantastic, much much better than The Showdown's version, IMO)

I have heard all of the cover songs, but it would be understandable if many hadn't. If you were listening to mostly just Christian music in the late 70's to mid 80's you may not have heard most of these songs. Or if you were a little to young to be into rock/metal music then that might also explain why someone hadn't heard much of them.

As I mentioned in my post,I said it was a cover song that was done by Rachel Rachel. I never said they originally did it. Even in the vid at one point Kerry Livgren of Kansas makes his way in and joins them onstage.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:23 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
Quote :

I liked The Showdown's version, but I wish they would've included all the guitar solos (or their own guitar solos) from the original. I do think they did a good job of incorporating their own style into the song though. I haven't heard Rachel Rachel's version before. Maybe I'll go check it out.

You can check it out in the vid that I posted above...or yet here ya go...

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:43 pm

Hardkore wrote:
silentthunder89 wrote:
Quote :

You can check it out in the vid that I posted above...or yet here ya go...

Wow, yall ain't kidding! That is a really good cover! I'd definitely take that version over The Showdown's version any day of the week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:20 am

It's OK, but I prefer The Showdown's version... It would be better if they didn't have all those girls singing it. Samples of new Stryper record!!! Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:45 am

I've thought a bit, yep, only a bit about Stryper will release a new CD.
A CD full of covers of rockbands who influenced Stryper.
Now I wonder what's the differance between listening to a Christian rock band who's covering a lot of old secular rock bands?
Or listening to a secular band, playing secular songs?

Am I the only person who's having a bit problems with this?
The songs are the same.
Only Stryper gave them an own identity to play them on their way.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:07 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Now I wonder what's the differance between listening to a Christian rock band who's covering a lot of old secular rock bands?

The songs are the same.
Only Stryper gave them a a own identity to play them on their way.

For me, a lot of times it has to do with the intentions behind the band singing the song. Sometimes secular songs have good lyrics that when sung by a Christian band have a completely different meaning. To me, as long as the lyrics don't infringe on my faith, I don't mind listening to them.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:44 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:

The songs are the same.
Only Stryper gave them a a own identity to play them on their way.

For me, a lot of times it has to do with the intentions behind the band singing the song. Sometimes secular songs have good lyrics that when sung by a Christian band have a completely different meaning. To me, as long as the lyrics don't infringe on my faith, I don't mind listening to them.

Pretty much my thought as well. If a band typically sings about things that are immoral/evil and one or two songs are ok (lyrically). I'm just going to pass on the band as a whole. If the band is made of Christ loving people, and they sing a song that doesn't specifically praise the Lord, but doesn't have questionable lyrics than I really don't have any problem listening to it.

PostSubject: Re: Samples of new Stryper record!!!   Samples of new Stryper record!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Samples of new Stryper record!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next