Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your favorite modern rock bands.

Go down 
+6
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
Dynamis
rockerVu2
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Your favorite modern rock bands. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 4:13 pm

Rock and Roll, Classic Metal, classic rock... all the way here !

Raised on Halen, zeppelin, Sabbath, Floyd, Squier, Crue, Metallica...

Modern stuff has it's place, but I was born a rocker... it's in my blood
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 7:49 pm

A big, giant, enormous AMEN to AF!!! It really saddens me sometimes to see people get old and move on from metal. Not me buddy. Modern rock is cool and all but it can't touch classic metal.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:17 pm

Quote :
It really saddens me sometimes to see people get old and move on from metal.

I haven't exactly moved on from metal--there just isn't a lot of new metal (not nu-metal) coming out these days in the Christian scene. I just consider my forrays into modern rock as expanding my horizons.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:20 pm

Ditto

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:48 pm

This totally reminds me of high school Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 11:32 pm

NUH-UHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 5:00 am

Hey man, I think my watch is slow!

I don't FEEL tardy!

Class dismissed!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 11:46 am

Only a Van Halen fan would catch that immediately !
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 11:53 am

I listen to hardly any modern rock bands at all. Disciple are good, but I can't listen to them all the time. I have Eloi and maybe one or two more, but that's about it.

Metal is king in my music world. Modern rock has it's place, but that place is generally gathering dust.

It is true that there isn't many christian metal albums being released recently, but as I don't have much money to throw around I find that there's a number of metal albums I'd love to have but can't afford. I have to wait for the really really great albums before I buy.

Stryper, Seventh Avenue, Rob Rock and a few others I will definitely be getting.

7 Days, The Seventh Power, Divine Fire, Final Axe, Narnia, Pastor Brad, Deliverance....... and the list goes on, I would like but I've more important things to use my money on.

Sometimes I find it's good to have little cash About 3 years ago I had loads of disposable income and I ended up buying every album I wanted, so started looking into lighter rock or heavier metal, but it all turned into stuff I didn't really like. Because I have less cash now, I have to be more careful in what I buy, but when I do buy something it is something I'm really looking forward to and I find I enjoy it more than I used to.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 3:25 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I haven't exactly moved on from metal--there just isn't a lot of new metal (not nu-metal) coming out these days in the Christian scene. I just consider my forrays into modern rock as expanding my horizons.

POSER!!!!!

(Just kidding, no....no... please dont ban me noooooooo)

Fundy wrote:
Sometimes I find it's good to have little cash About 3 years ago I had loads of disposable income and I ended up buying every album I wanted, so started looking into lighter rock or heavier metal, but it all turned into stuff I didn't really like. Because I have less cash now, I have to be more careful in what I buy, but when I do buy something it is something I'm really looking forward to and I find I enjoy it more than I used to.
Me too brother. With my wife no longer working part time, I need to be much more selective now than I was just a year ago.

--

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 4:26 pm

Quote :
I have to be more careful in what I buy, but when I do buy something it is something I'm really looking forward to and I find I enjoy it more than I used to.

I agree with that completely, that is why I ask so many questions and research a cd before I purchase it. But, when I do get them, I am VERY happy with them.

Also, being able to download individual songs, and not purchase the ones I don't like, has really spoiled me and changed the way I look at my purchases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite modern rock bands.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2