Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your favorite modern rock bands.

Go down 
+6
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
Dynamis
rockerVu2
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Your favorite modern rock bands. Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 4:06 pm

At least if we have here fans of modern rock bands.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 6:55 pm

Vector
The Violet Burning
Veil Of Ashes
Undercover
Eloi
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 7:21 pm

I do like some of the modern rock bands (but I'm really picky)

Big Dismal
Decemberadio
Disciple (first 2 albums only)
Fireflight
Flyleaf
Gretchen
Hammertown
Kutless (but wasn't too crazy about their last album)
Pillar (just the most recent 2 albums)
Seventh Day Slumber
Skillet (but only the Comatose album)
Soul Deep

That's pretty much all the modern rock I own.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 8:01 pm

Kutless
POD
12 Stones
38th Parallel
Day Of Fire
Falling Up
Kids In The Way
Tree63
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 9:21 pm

Let's see:

Disciple
Kutless
Jonah33
Seventh Day Slumber
Barlow Girl
Building 429
Decemberadio
Day Of Fire

my hands are getting tired........

Skillet
High Flight Society
This Beautiful Republic
Storyside:B
Red
Decyfer Down
Poor Man's Riches

and my hands are getting tired........

so I'll stop listing right there. I like a LOT of modern rock bands.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 9:35 pm

See my response on the other favorites thread since it was mostly modern rock based.

LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 9:38 pm

Here are some of my New Favs:

Fireflight
Flyleaf
Seventh Day Slumber
Kids In The Way
Run Kid Run
Will Derryberry (not real "hard", by VERY good)
Starfield
Decyfer Down
Anberlin (a little bit)
Nevertheless
Day Of Fire (My #1 New Group)
Judah First
DecembeRadio
Krystal Meyers
Hyper Static Union
Blindside
Red
Inhabited
The Wedding
Kutless
and
Sanctus Real

I was listing them off of my mp3 player.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:59 am

Welcome LateFortheparty in CHM.
We hope you feel at home here and share a lot of intersting music news with us.

Now I really think I am not the only fan of modern rock music.

My favorite bands are

Jonah 33
Kutless
Red (it's seems I have a Red mood last weeks)
Disciple (last two CDs)
Seventh Day Slumber
Storyside:B
Poor Man Riches
Decyfer Down
Back to top Go down
endlessfuneral2003

endlessfuneral2003

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 12:21 pm

Skillet
Red
Third Day
Disciple
Evanescence
Creed
Linkin Park
Awake
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/endlessfuneral
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 2:39 pm

LateFortheParty wrote:
Here are some of my New Favs:

Will Derryberry (not real "hard", by VERY good)

With a name like that I would think you would have to be good.lol!

Welcome to CHM L4P, sounds like you and Alldat have a lot of the same musical tastes.

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 3:37 pm

Nickleback is the only modern rock band I seem to care about much anymore. There are a few others but I seem to be growing further and further away from this style. I used to like almost all the ones on Alldats list but after a few spins I seem to get bored with them or something. Usually the problem is the vocals.

Something has really been happening in the secular scene though that I don't mind and actually quite like. Some metal band are incorporating more "modern elements" (like start stop guitar riffs) into their songs and I kinda dig that.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm

Quote :
Welcome to CHM L4P, sounds like you and Alldat have a lot of the same musical tastes.

Thank You.

Yes, looks like our lists are very similar...that is why I needed to get over here to the CHM forum. As I get older I am getting more into metal, but can't say that I am a metal-head, cause' I do like lots of Rock and other stuff. I have learned about TONS of bands through these forums, so I really appreciate them.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 7:33 pm

[quote="LateFortheParty"]
Quote :
I have learned about TONS of bands through these forums, so I really appreciate them.

Same here, when I stumbled on to the CHM (about 3 years ago now). I had all of half-a-dozen, Christian rock/metal albums. I have fleshed my coolection out to well over 300 (approaching 400) Christian hard rock and metal artists. Nearly all of them I heard about first here at CHM (or the CMR).

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:07 pm

Quote :
have fleshed my coolection out to well over 300 (approaching 400) Christian hard rock and metal artists. Nearly all of them I heard about first here at CHM (or the CMR).

WOW, that is cool.

Yes, that is why I am here, to learn about more bands.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:22 pm

I wish I had of had something like CHM when I first started getting back into Christian metal and rock. I took a few years off from Christian rock, and I had to search and search the web to find out about what was going on in Christian music.

I love a lot of modern rock bands. I also love me some good melodic metal, but I don't think I could really call myself a "metal-head" either. I'm just a rocker, and I am not going to let myself become bored with just one style....EVER! There are too many good rock & metal bands, so the current Christian music scene is a veritable buffet for me. And, for those that know me--I can put away a lot at a buffet!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 9:00 pm

Quote :
I'm just a rocker, and I am not going to let myself become bored with just one style....EVER! There are too many good rock & metal bands, so the current Christian music scene is a veritable buffet for me. And, for those that know me--I can put away a lot at a buffet!

That put a BIG smile on my face.

I was out of it for awhile also, so, now I am playing catch-up.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 7:40 am

Playing catch up is difficult--especially since there is always something new coming out, too.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 7:42 am

That's why we all have to post when there's something new.
A good forum you make with all the members.
Each has something and together we share a lot of cool information about bands.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 2:54 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Playing catch up is difficult--especially since there is always something new coming out, too.

Thank the Lord for labels like Retroactive Records. Because almost nobody else seems to rerelease those old classic Christian rock/metal albums. Seems like when you do find a rare out of print album the seller wants a small fortune to part with it.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 3:34 pm

I've paid a small fortune for a couple of discs.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 11:12 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I've paid a small fortune for a couple of discs.

Me too. I paid $80 for this ultra rare album almost nobody has ever heard of ......
Lex Rex - Beat the Heat.

Your favorite modern rock bands. 3

Your favorite modern rock bands. 6

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 4:41 am

A couple of the bands you all are naming are metal not modern rock. Judah First springs to mind and I've read a few interviews with Decyfer Down, and they consider themselves a metal band as well. As far as actual modern rock bands go I like Spoken a lot. There are a few others that are very good as well, but this style of music does get kind of boring to me sometimes for some reason. I have to be in the mood. There just ain't no replacing metal.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:44 pm

Quote :
There just ain't no replacing metal.

AMEN
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 4:51 pm

I still love me some metal, but I seem to be gravitating more and more to the dark side......er....I mean modern rock.

I would probably consider Judah First more of a metal hybrid band. Decyfer Down is a modern rock band. I don't care how they classify themselves--they sound like they fit more into the modern rock camp.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 12:24 pm

Sad to say, but as you'll note from my favorites list, I get tired of listening to metal after a while so that's why it's mostly modern rock. Yeah, no solos for the most part but my ears don't get tired either. I still like some good power or thrash but not for extended periods. If I still listened to secular, I could take some of the older Metallica and old Black Sabbath though.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite modern rock bands.   Your favorite modern rock bands. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite modern rock bands.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next