Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Brother

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Fundy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Big Brother Empty
PostSubject: Big Brother   Big Brother I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 2:18 am

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm in a bit of a cocoon really. I work in a Christian workplace, I have almost only christian friends all my immediate family are Christians and everyone at church is a Christian. So I really don't get to speak to that many non christians (there are some, but not many).

My question is this....

I've watched a bit of Big Brother (which if anyone doesn't know is basically a number of people living in a house together whilst being filmed 24 7 to see how they will cope living with each other) and the amount of swearing that goes on is ridiculous! Is this truly how the world is all the time, or have the programmers picked the people who swear the most.

When I've been out with my non christian friends, they do swear now and again, but not all the time. But when I go walking down town the youngsters seem to swear at almost anything.

Has swearing really got this bad?

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Big Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother   Big Brother I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 7:18 am

It depends on the place, the people, and what personalities are together. For example, quite a few of my old classmates swear, but it was at a minimal at our 20th class reunion this past weekend. Some people realize that not everyone likes swearing, and they know when to shut it off. Other people don't really know it's wrong. And, still others just don't care.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Big Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother   Big Brother I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 8:08 am

It's also likely due to environment. If you were stuck in that house with those people, you'd likely have to think twice before speaking after a few days, especially when tensions are running hot. Garbage in = garbage out.

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Big Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother   Big Brother I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 11:15 am

Quote :
20th class reunion this past weekend
Long live the class of '87 !!! Wooo hooooo !!!

Oh yea, back to the subject. I grew up with a swearing Dad and have a problem with it to this day. When I get angry I tend to spew out all kinds of curses, just as my Dad did.
I don't believe we are victims of our environment, but at the same time, I think my Dad could have led a better example and I might just use the words "confound it" when I hit my thumb with a hammer.
I've admired other Christians who can hold their tongue, and pray that one day I'll have better control when I'm stressed out.
Hmmm, maybe I have Tourette's ? Mad

Oh, but as for just casual conversation, I don't curse and I hate to hear cursing. My Dad uses curse words as adjectives in every sentence.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Big Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother   Big Brother I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 12:21 pm

Quote :
Hmmm, maybe I have Tourette's ? Mad

Can you imagine a mime with Tourette's?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Big Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother   Big Brother I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 2:27 pm

Quote :
Can you imagine a mime with Tourette's?

Hardee har har Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Big Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother   Big Brother I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 2:39 pm

Quote :
Oh yea, back to the subject. I grew up with a swearing Dad and have a problem with it to this day. When I get angry I tend to spew out all kinds of curses, just as my Dad did.

Sounds like you are describing me.

As for how non Christians speak, I have seen many that curse very little, and others that use more profanity than regular words. It seems the younger the person (teens and young adults), the worse it is.
I have only seen maybe one or two episodes of this show (a few seasons ago) but I also get the impression that the show is pandering (sp?) to that type of personality as well.

--

Big Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother   Big Brother I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Brother
Page 1 of 1