Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Lost Brother

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Staybrite
rich71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:01 pm

I need to find Christian alternatives for the bands my brother likes to listen to. His favorite bands are Poison, Ratt, Motley Cruss, ACDC. Hes stuck in the 80's Smile

I know of a Ratt alternative one of my favorite bands is Whitecross. I know X-sinner is like ACDC....Are there are more options for those 2 and if possible alternatives for pioson and motley crue..if possible...

I'm in a huge bind economically...If anyone here has any spare cd or tapes of the music that they reccomend or any spare x-sinner cd or tapes can you please email me at richrkjr@yahoo.com

Thank You
In Christ
Rich
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:15 pm

I believe Electrik was often compared to Poison. & I have heard peeps compare early Seriah to Motley Crue, but I never really thought Seriah was quite as good musically.
If he's into the 80's sunset strip type metal/hardrock try to steer him towards a band called Eden their album "Fan the Flame" is just as good as anything that came out of L.A. in the 80's

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:35 pm

If you are looking for something similar to Crue, first you have to pick what album you want to come close to stylistically. With "Too Fast For Love", I would compare that to the grittiness of Main Line Riders. With "Shout At The Devil" and "Theater Of Pain", I'd look into Rage Of Angels. With "Dr. Feelgood", I'd look into something more like Ledfoot. But, both Ledfoot and Rage Of Angels are out of print and expensive to get when you find them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:08 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
....But, both Ledfoot and Rage Of Angels are out of print and expensive to get when you find them.

I've never even seen the Ledfoot album for sale.
Evil or Very Mad

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:01 am

Larry Worley's vocals are pretty brilliant on Fear Not and Love Life albums, they are very 80's or early 90's sounding and I'm sure your brother would love them. However, yet again I'm not sure how easy they are to find.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 4:37 pm

Fear Not should be easy to find, as it was a fairly wide release. Love Life, on the other hand....not so much. I myself am still searching for a copy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Staybrite

Staybrite

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:42 am

Yep it took me a few years to find a copy of Love Life

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:04 am

Since both Fear Not and Love Life are many years out of print, it will be difficult to find both. Fear Not will be easier, but you won't find someplace selling them new. Ebay or a used CD stores will be about the only place you will find this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Talented bands, LoveLife and Fear Not. Larry Worley's voice totally rocks with all of the power and "attitude" that style of music demands, in order for it to be done well.

Just one person's opinion, though...
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 2:59 pm

Your opinion is correct

Amen

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Your bro may also dig the bluesy sound of RedSea, which has former Fear Not guitarist as well as vocalist Robin "Kyle" Bassuri - awesome stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Staybrite

Staybrite

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:43 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
Your bro may also dig the bluesy sound of RedSea, which has former Fear Not guitarist as well as vocalist Robin "Kyle" Bassuri - awesome stuff.

Yes very awesome stuff, and while you won't be able to find a new copy it will probaby be much easier (and cheaper) to find then Fear Not or Love Life.

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:21 pm

I snagged my copy of LoveLife's album from Rad Rockers years ago. great stuff. Larry Worley just has that voice for melodic rock like Mr Melodic Rock, Jamie Rowe
Back to top Go down
kethdredd

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-28

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:16 pm

I had never looked into Lovelife because I heard the production was really poor, I might have to search it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Lost Brother Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lost Brother   My Lost Brother I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Lost Brother
Page 1 of 1