Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!?

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
silentthunder89
6 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? Empty
PostSubject: Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!?   Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:01 pm

Quote :
(NASHVILLE, Tenn.) Oct. 12, 2009—Best-selling newsboys recently inked a deal
with American Athletics, a licensed Converse distributor, to launch its own line of Converse Chuck Taylor All Star shoes.
The joint venture commemorates the first time the shoes have been branded with a Christian music artist’s logo.

Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? OneredshoeChuck Taylors have become a cultural icon, donning the names of legendary bands including Black Sabbath, The Doors, Grateful
Dead, The Who, Ozzy Osbourne, and now newsboys. An exclusive partnership developed by Bernard Porter (PCG Nashville) and
Robert Michaels with newsboys manager Wes Campbell and American Athletics owner Gary Church made this opportunity a first
for the Christian music industry.

“American Athletics has placed shoes on the feet of Mel Gibson, Whitney Houston, and the likes of Bob Dylan,” says Church.
“But I personally have never been involved with a group as excited to wear Chucks as newsboys. Great group...great shoe.
Both are All Stars.”

Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? Blackshoe“The
opportunity to be associated with Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars is
exciting,” says newsboys manager Wes Campbell. “I have personally worn
them for years. newsboys is a great choice to break into this market.
We launched the shoes on newsboys' current The Way We Roll Tour, which
kicked off October 1 in Greensboro and will run through mid-November.”

newsboys branded Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars will be available in red, black, blue, and pink, in either low or hi tops.
Shoes can be ordered online only via a special link on newsboys home page at www.newsboys.com.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!?   Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Lets just home the NB logo doesn't get confused with New Balance.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!?   Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:21 pm

I really can't believe that they chose the Newsboys. Sure, they have sold well over the years. However, I still think they need to prove themselves with Michael Tait as their new singer. I think I would have chosen someone for a shoe that has been through less personnel changes and is still charting well to launch a shoe brand. Third Day would probably have made a much better choice. I would probably expect this shoe to not sell well--even in Christian circles.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!?   Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:44 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I really can't believe that they chose the Newsboys. Sure, they have sold well over the years. However, I still think they need to prove themselves with Michael Tait as their new singer. I think I would have chosen someone for a shoe that has been through less personnel changes and is still charting well to launch a shoe brand. Third Day would probably have made a much better choice. I would probably expect this shoe to not sell well--even in Christian circles.

Yeah, I completely agree. I think Third Day would've been a great choice as well. I think even Superchick or Barlowgirl would've been a good choice for just the girls shoe.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!?   Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:20 pm

I think you are right on the Superchick or Barlowgirl recommendations. Even a Flyleaf shoe would have been better.

As far as Christian bands with a huge secular following, a Skillet shoe would have rocked. I might even have bought a pair then!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!?   Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 3:47 pm

I don't think I would buy a Newsboys shoe.

But I might be interested in some Skillet brand cookware.

Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? Icon_smile

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!?   Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:35 am

If you needed assistance with a broken leg, you might even want a pair of lightweight, but durable, Thousand Foot Krutches.

Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? Lol

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!?   Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:46 am

Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? Lol

Thousand Foot Krtuches is the perfect solution for a centipede with broken legs.
Back to top Go down
Bsax

Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!?   Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:25 am

*groan* Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!?   Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:44 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Yeah, I completely agree. I think Third Day would've been a great choice as well. I think even Superchick or Barlowgirl would've been a good choice for just the girls shoe.

Superchic[k] shoes all the way! If I was a 14-year old girl I'd totally buy those. However, as a 32-year old male, I won't be plunking down money on Newsboys shoes. Sorry, fellas, but that's not a very clever marketing ploy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!?   Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:52 pm

MetalFRO wrote:

Superchic[k] shoes all the way! If I was a 14-year old girl I'd totally buy those. However, as a 32-year old male, I won't be plunking down money on Newsboys shoes. Sorry, fellas, but that's not a very clever marketing ploy.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly (except I wish I was still only 32) Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? Icon_lol

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!?   Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newsboys have their own shoe?!?!?
Page 1 of 1