Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich

Go down 
+6
sabidoo
Fundy
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
Dreams
Staybrite
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich Empty
PostSubject: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:01 pm

Ok has anyone here eaten one if these?
I actually tried one today for lunch and it was really good.

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:03 pm

You forgot the ketchup. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:47 pm

Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich Cartoo13
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 7:11 am

Be careful, Gary. Elvis was mighty fond of those! You'll get all shook up!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 7:33 am

That sounds just plain wrong! I love peanut butter, I love bananas, I love sandwiches, but all three together just sound a bit too nasty.

Do you just put peanut butter and bananas in bread and then fry them like that?

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:44 pm

Fundy wrote:

Do you just put peanut butter and bananas in bread and then fry them like that?Fundy

Looks that way.....
Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich Fried_pb
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:32 pm

I don't know what encouraged me to do it, but I was really good.

I spread cruchy peanut butter on one slice of white bread, then in a bowl I mashed a small banana with a fork, and spread the banana mush on the other slice of bread. I then fried the entire sandwich in a pan with

Margarine
(just like you would a grilled cheese sandwich). I didn't add the powdered sugar.

One thing I though strange was that the banana really held onto the heat, it was the last part of the sandwich to cool down.

I probably won't make it a regular treat, because it is loaded with fat. But I will definately eat another. Don't knock it until you try it.

Oh as a side effect I will warn you I talked like Elvis for several hours afterwards (drove my daughter nuts).

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:45 pm

Thanks for the picture, Sabidoo. It looks oddly tasty and nasty at the same time....

Quote :
Oh as a side effect I will warn you I talked like Elvis for several hours afterwards (drove my daughter nuts).

lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Bsax

Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:21 pm

Do you buy them somewhere or make them yourself? I love Peanut butter and banana sandwiches I've been eating them since I was little and I can safely say I've never seen one fried. it looks amazing! I am actually frothing at the mouth now lol
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:41 pm

Oh I totally made it myself. And I tried to get my wife and kids to join me, but they were too chicken.

Bsax

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:26 pm

Will you give me a "how to" ? although I'm sure it's really easy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:12 pm

This is almost word for word from my post above.

I spread cruchy peanut butter on one slice of white bread, then in a bowl I mashed a small banana with a fork, and spread the banana mush on the other slice of bread. Put the two slices together.

Spread the outside slices with margarine (or butter) and fry each side in a pan on the stove with medium high heat (be careful not to burn it, especially if you are using butter). You can add the powdered sugar (like shown in the picture) but I didn't bother with that.

Oh boy I'm getting hungry for another one just talking about it.....thanks Beth!

Bsax

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Awesome, thanks Staybrite! - sorry for making you rewrite all that I guess I should have said just the frying instructions lol
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:57 pm

No problem sax girl, I just cut and pasted anyway. Let me know if you make one, and what you thought of it.

Bsax

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:16 pm

So I made my first one today. SOOO good! I didn't mash the bananas just sliced them, and I had to use smooth peanut butter instead of crunchy (defintely not as good No ) But it was still probably my favorite sandwich ever. What can I say I'm easily pleased lol
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 3:45 pm

Fantastic! Another person won over to the joys of fried peanut butter and nanner sandwiches.
I'm gonna make one this week to celebrate!
cheers

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:17 pm

Maybe if I used enough peanut butter to overpower the flavor of the bananas...try as I might, I can't develop a taste for bananas-maybe someday...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:09 pm

Hmm I don't think I have met too many people who don't like bananas.
That's too bad, your missing out.
Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:15 am

I know. bananas are really good for you, and I've met several folks who like peanut butter & banana sandwiches. I REALLY would like to like bananas, but something in my taste buds vehemently disagrees. But - at least my aversion to bananas is not nearly as bad as my inability to eat poultry or any kind of bird...it ain't a pretty sight.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:19 am

Joe, don't feel bad. I cannot stand the flavor of popcorn, watermelon, or oranges. You can have those, and I'll have more bananas!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:11 pm

I thought of making a fried peanut butter -- banana sandwich, but I think i don't like it.

Joe, one of my kids can't eat bananas too and I can't eat sea fruit.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:32 pm

joe61 wrote:
But - at least my aversion to bananas is not nearly as bad as my inability to eat poultry or any kind of bird...it ain't a pretty sight.

Dude, that practically makes you a vegitarian. Do you eat a lot of beef or something?

Alldat wrote:
...don't feel bad. I cannot stand the flavor of popcorn, watermelon, or oranges.

Ummmm can't they have you forcebly removed from the South for not eating watermelon?

RockerVu2 wrote:
I thought of making a fried peanut butter -- banana sandwich, but I think i don't like it.

But you won't know until you try it. Twisted Evil

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 9:30 pm

Quote :
Ummmm can't they have you forcebly removed from the South for not eating watermelon?

I can stay in the south, but I can never be a "good ol' boy". lol!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:11 am

OK Staybrite I make that sandwich for lunch.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:53 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
OK Staybrite I make that sandwich for lunch.

cheers Yippie!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich   Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: