Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes

Go down 
+4
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
8 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes Empty
PostSubject: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:11 am

A couple of weeks ago, I wanted to get the Flyleaf EP and the 2nd album by Hyper Static Union. The only place you can get them is at iTunes. I hate that bands are just releasing tracks to them and not to multiple download sites.

When I downloaded the software, I also got this other program to help you transfer your songs out of iTunes so you could easily load them to your Zune. I hate the fact that you have to convert your files to be used on your own player when you buy them at iTunes.

Anyway, I thought the program I was using was full of spyware. So, I got rid of it. I then had a problem with the iTunes software and had to reinstall. Guess what? When I reinstalled iTunes, it uninstalled my CD burner. So, I uninstalled iTunes, restarted the computer, and Vista reloaded the burner. I tried the restart without getting rid of iTunes, and it would not reload my CD burner.

So, today I thought I'd try again and get the new digital only exclusive to iTunes release by High Flight Society. Guess, what? As soon as I installed the latest version of iTunes, my CD burner is gone AGAIN!. Plus, I have three of the 4 songs on that EP that I have bought, but they will not download. I don't know if I will be able to get them to resume!

iTunes is a sorry piece of extortionist crap. iTunes is a pimple on the butt of humanity. The only thing in this country that sucks more than the Obama administration is iTunes. Have I made myself abundantly clear?

lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Last edited by alldatndensum on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:57 am

Wow, I've not had any of these probs with iTunes yet... now you've got me all scared. I mainly use the program to rip albums that aren't rippable with REAL. My son is the one who has the iPod and buys and loads his iPod with stuff.... I better not get no spy or adware crap, or else I'll go postal (since we just bought a brand new PC that's a virgin to problems so far)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:04 am

I have the Zune, and it will not recognize iTunes Mp4 encoding. To load music to the Zune, it has to be converted to MP3. I tried using Foobar, but it isn't working for that. I found a free program to do the converting for me that is Spyware free.

I usually rip stuff to MP3 with the Zune software. If a CD is not recognized by Zune, then I usually use Audiograbber. Some of the older releases I have that are mastered at much lower volumes go straight to Audiograbber for the normalization process. It boosts the overall frequency volumes and makes the tunes louder. Foobar will do that too, but not if you have to change any of the song titles that it changes when you load songs. While Topshot loves Foobar, I have found it to be more of a hassle.

I'm going to try to restart the computer AGAIN and see if I can get my CD-RW drive to reload without uninstalling iTunes. I hope I can.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:52 pm

It's causing me a lot of problems too.
Every time I have problems with music, my favorite music.
Let me first try to get my favorite music on my "Shuffle" before I try to download music from iTunes.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Foobar   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:48 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I tried using Foobar, but it isn't working for that.
Why? I can convert between any formats. Right click the file(s) select Convert to... or Convert to Same Dir, select your encoder (you may need to configure this to your preferences) and hit OK. It will pop up a warning that you're converting between lossy formats. Works like a champ.

Oh, and I agree that bands are doing themselves a huge disservice by releasing only to ITunes. I refuse to load it.

Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:05 pm

My son had an iPod. The way iTunes probed his computer made me think of someone being violated. Needless to say I avoid everything iTunes like the plague.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:35 am

Let me make it simple. The retards who use iTunes/iPod/iPhone are iDiots.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:07 am

Quote :
Why? I can convert between any formats. Right
click the file(s) select Convert to... or Convert to Same Dir, select
your encoder (you may need to configure this to your preferences) and
hit OK. It will pop up a warning that you're converting between lossy
formats. Works like a champ.

I have done all that, and I can tell no difference in the files once I adjust all the volumes. Older songs still are much lower volume than newer songs. Foobar will convert from MP4 to MP3, but I have a much simpler program that does this too with NO setup.

I'm more concerned with why iTunes uninstalls my CD burner when I install the program. I would use it to obtain EPs. But, when I know it's gonna be a pain in the rump, why bother?

Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:38 pm

itunes is really awful on windows sys. works fine on macs though.

works fine on my comp though (now I bet it will crash), I have a program I use to convert to mp3 once I get the the downloads to use on my mp3 player.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:50 pm

I absolutely hate I-tunes.

My daughter has an ipod (she got from her grandmother for christmas). She usually has to get me to help her load/delete songs from her ipod, and half the time it won't do anything unless I provided credit card information (biggest load of cr#p I have ever heard, not going to give anyone my credit card so I can load a song from a disc I own to an mp3 player).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:58 am

I am glad that I don't have an iPod. I only use iTunes because some artists insist on releasing their content exclusively through them.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:47 am

I have an iPod.
And that iPod is hungry.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:44 am

My Zune is hungry constantly. It is telling me to add more Barren Cross and Sacred Warrior.

Yes, my Zune talks to me. We are friends.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:50 am

I have an IPod, but I have never let ITunes near my computer. I use an alternative program that only loads and removes songs from the IPod. Works great.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:33 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I have done all that, and I can tell no difference in the files once I adjust all the volumes. Older songs still are much lower volume than newer songs.
Ah, so your issue is with replaygain and not converting. I've not tried writing an actual new file with a boosted or cut amplitude. Like I said, I just use the tags and Foobar adjusts the volume when it reads it. Works great for my show, which was the main reason I tried Foobar in the first place. There are times I don't agree with the calculated value so I'll edit the tag up or down a couple dB.

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:55 am

My neice got an $pod for Christmas, you know, one of those $300 things about the size of a grain of salt.....
She enjoyed it for a couple weeks, then turned her back on it for one iMinute at highschool, now some iTheif is enjoying her ipod. She was/is devastated. Poor thing. She was warned not to take it to iSchool - in one iEar and out the other.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:14 am

Quote :
My neice got an $pod for Christmas, you know, one of those $300 things about the size of a grain of salt.....
She
enjoyed it for a couple weeks, then turned her back on it for one
iMinute at highschool, now some iTheif is enjoying her ipod. She was/is
devastated. Poor thing. She was warned not to take it to iSchool - in
one iEar and out the other.

Sorry about her misfortune, but that is one hilarious post! You Rock

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 3:58 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I have an IPod, but I have never let ITunes near my computer. I use an alternative program that only loads and removes songs from the IPod. Works great.

And thanks to TT I don't use iTunes for my daughters iPod either. Laughing

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 4:24 pm

What is the program, if you don't mind me asking?

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:46 pm

It's called Poddox, and I got it as a free down-load. But I'm not sure it would help you as it is a iPod interface program.
Check it out if you want.

http://www.poddox.com/

Last edited by Staybrite on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 11:00 am

I highly recommend it.

I used it from the start. Not too sure about converting to it once your IPod has been infected with ITunes, but the website might have some tips for you.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:09 pm

I thought you could register Ipods so your SN could only work on your account. I knew they could at least track Ipods from the SN. Wouldn't stop someone from using something like TT.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes   Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes
Page 1 of 1