Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Something cool about iTunes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Something cool about iTunes Empty
PostSubject: Something cool about iTunes   Something cool about iTunes I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:32 pm

So my wife has one of those iPad thingys. She's been putting music on it to listen to while she works. It's kinda cool, but not my thing.
Here's the cool thing = She bought an album the other day from iTunes and did the download. She got the album and an additional folder. I said what's in that folder ? I opened it and it has high quality PDF images of the entire inserts that come with the CD !!!!!

That's the first time I've ever seen that. You guys may of already knew this, but it's new to me. This is awesome, especially for those who like the digital form of music, but wish they could still read the inserts (lyrics, pictures, thank yous and other stuff on inserts).

It's way cool and about time they do this for people buying a digital album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Something cool about iTunes   Something cool about iTunes I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:34 pm

That is cool, but I kind of doubt they have them for all downloads.
I did notice that some download albums from Amazon also have digital liner notes.
Like this one.
http://www.amazon.com/Those-Who-Wait-Digital-Booklet/dp/B0036VDBTW/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290465238&sr=301-1

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Something cool about iTunes   Something cool about iTunes I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 pm

It just depends on the release. If it's a pretty big band, they typically they will do that. But typically the mid-major bands or indie bands won't include them. But you're right, it's really cool that bands are doing this! I think at some point, if physical copies ever become obsolete, you will see all bands do this.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Something cool about iTunes   Something cool about iTunes I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:06 am

That's very cool to get the inserts too.
Guilty/Forgiven I'm glad I'm not the only person here that didn't knew that.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Something cool about iTunes   Something cool about iTunes I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:42 pm

Think of the amount of paper saved if the majority went to digital mp3s and there was a digital insert for each album. Millions of inserts no longer printed on paper and millions of albums no longer on plastic discs...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Something cool about iTunes   Something cool about iTunes I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Think of the amount of paper saved if the majority went to digital mp3s and there was a digital insert for each album. Millions of inserts no longer printed on paper and millions of albums no longer on plastic discs...

....and 150 years from now we are over-run with trees. They choke our highways with their deadly brances, and drain our natural water ways with their ever thirsty roots. People are left homeless as wild tress grow unchecked through suburban neighborhoods. Oxygen levels grow to alarming rates in our atmosphere causing insane fire hazards in high density forests.....

ok maybe that is a little too much. :pirat:

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Something cool about iTunes   Something cool about iTunes I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:11 pm

I think you could market that as another apocalypse movie, Staybrite! It could be called...Trees. Razz
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Something cool about iTunes   Something cool about iTunes I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:42 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
I think you could market that as another apocalypse movie, Staybrite! It could be called...Trees. Razz

Attack of killer trees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something cool about iTunes   Something cool about iTunes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something cool about iTunes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: