Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unofficial alternative music appreciation station.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kethdredd

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Unofficial alternative music appreciation station. Empty
PostSubject: Unofficial alternative music appreciation station.   Unofficial alternative music appreciation station. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:43 pm

My Violet Burning "Chosen" disc has bit the dust. This thread is to mourn its passing and/or to discuss similar artists.

My favorite of this genre has to be Adam Again. I just recently acquired Homeboys and In a New World of Time. Both very good albums in there own right.

Another favorite is the 77s, they have some incredible work, although they can be very hit or miss with me, my favorite by them is Sticks and Stones. Lost Dogs deserve a mention here as well.

I really loved The Violet Burning, Chosen, but I really haven't gotten into any other of their releases. Strength is ok but nothing special for me, is any other of their stuff worth picking up?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial alternative music appreciation station.   Unofficial alternative music appreciation station. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:28 am

You'll have to talk to Addy about some of these artists. I can't say that I really gave a 2nd listen to any of them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Addy

Addy

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial alternative music appreciation station.   Unofficial alternative music appreciation station. I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:50 am

Your Copy of Chosen bit the dust? Dude we need a few hours to mourn that gem

I LOVE the Violet Burning, I'd check out Demonstrates Plastic & Elastic and This is the Moment and even The Gravity Show's Fabulous Like You (its a Pritzl project could easily be a VB album)

Drop Dead is their latest its good

Have you checked out Starflyer 59 and Sombrance?

Gotta say Im not too familiar with Adam Again though
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockcityonline.net
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial alternative music appreciation station.   Unofficial alternative music appreciation station. I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:15 pm

My Circle of Dust (1995 issue) disc was accidentally dropped on the ground and scratched up really bad years ago, and it was only last year that I finally tracked down a good replacement!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial alternative music appreciation station.   Unofficial alternative music appreciation station. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unofficial alternative music appreciation station.
Page 1 of 1