Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Music you're getting a new appreciation of..........

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Music you're getting a new appreciation of.......... Empty
PostSubject: Music you're getting a new appreciation of..........   Music you're getting a new appreciation of.......... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:31 am

Ok, recently I've been listening to albums or songs that I thought were okay, or maybe good, but on repeated listens recently I have found them to be brilliant.

1 - Larry Norman - Tourniquet.
Whilst at work, every now and again free CD's pop up in the canteen and if anything takes my fancy grab them. It's nearly always pop or classical stuff, but earlier this week there was a brand new, sealed copy of Larry Norman's "In A Strange Land" CD. One that I've never heard before, and I'm really liking the sound! Anyway that got me in a Larry mood (not veggie tales, you understand!). Today I've been listening to his Tourniquet album alot and it's really really good. I've always liked "Rock The Flock", but now the rest of the album is sounding great too!

2 - Oratorio - Redemption.
On first listen I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as "The Reality Of Existence" but now I can really appreciate the heaviness of it, and I've been looping that album for the past couple of weeks! Raw, Whispers In The Night and Secrets are my favs.

3 - Bride - Follow Your Heart, I Will Be With You and Missing Children.
Man, I miss this kind of stuff. High pitched screaming vocals with a classic metal sound. I've always thought Show No Mercy was a good album, but not as good as Snakes, SIM and LTD. But now I am having second thoughts. Awesome stuff.

Anyone have songs or albums that they've found sound better recently?

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Music you're getting a new appreciation of..........   Music you're getting a new appreciation of.......... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:06 pm

Hmmm gonna have to think about that one.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Music you're getting a new appreciation of..........   Music you're getting a new appreciation of.......... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:19 pm

1. Rob Rock's Garden Of Chaos.
I have listened to this CD for one time and didn't like it so much.
So I decided to trade some CDs but thought let me first listen before I trade something.
So I listened to Garden Of Chaos again and I'm glad I didn't trade it.

2. Disciple's Scars Remain.
This CD really has to grow to me.
Musically this CD sounds great.
It are the vocals I have to get used to.
For me Scars Remain has some "cookie monster" vocals but not all is "cookie monster-ish.
Yes, sometimes I need to listen a long time till I really like a CD.
I'm so far now that I won't trade Scars Remain to give it a change.
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Music you're getting a new appreciation of..........   Music you're getting a new appreciation of.......... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:29 pm

Listend to Galactic Cowboys "Space in your face" yesterday. Was pretty amazed for I saw them for $ 5,- live in Houston in '93 and a few years later at christmas rocknight in Ennepetal/Germany.

Yes, and Dime Store Prophets if anyone heard of them before. Killer cd. Ran 5 weeks in my cd player when I bought it in 96
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music you're getting a new appreciation of..........   Music you're getting a new appreciation of.......... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music you're getting a new appreciation of..........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: