Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Musical roll call.

Go down 
+8
Staybrite
MetalFRO
Guilty/Forgiven
silentthunder89
Addy
alldatndensum
Fundy
rockerVu2
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bigjtink

bigjtink

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Musical roll call. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musical roll call.   Musical roll call. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:14 pm

I'll see if I can do the RD version. I knew a guy from my rocker days. He had become a Christian also but went to a different Church. He told me about this guy from Alaska named Steve who was starting a blusey,rock kinda metal band. He said I would be perfect for it. I said No. I had drank the kool aid that rock was of the debil. He asked me many times. So I borrowed a bass from this guy for a recording project at my church. I had a hard time getting it back to him as he was always busy. Finally he said he would be at Church on a Friday night. I said I would drop it by. So I went by his church and The band was practicing. With no drummer. I met the guys. They asked me to jam, I declined. Steve said, just one song, we have never played with a drummer and want to know how it will sound. Fine, I did one song and left. They invited me back Monday night. I knew from the first beat that it was right for me. I spent the weekend getting my head around it. I showed up on Monday and I was in the band. I kept it quiet at church as long as I could but we were playing all the big clubs and I guess the word got out. The pastor told me I was out of line, that the music was evil. I saw more folks getting saved at shows than I ever saw getting saved at church. My wife was the youth minister and I played on the worship team. We were given an ultimatum to stop playing the rock or step down. We stepped down. I think all this happened in 85. There you have it. Kind of boring but thats the story.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Musical roll call.   Musical roll call. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:31 pm

Quote :
BTW Guilty/ Forgiven, I am just down the road from you in DHS.

Right on ! Home sweet home here in our beautiful desert. So many have such bad things to say about our area, but I personally am quite fond of where I live. Been here since '78 - escaped Los Angeles to reside here. Always considered DHS as well since its location is in the middle of everything.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Musical roll call.   Musical roll call. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:00 pm

bigjtink wrote:
I think all this happened in 85. There you have it. Kind of boring but thats the story.

Not boring at all! That was very cool. Thanks much for sharing that with us Tink.
Thumbs Up

PostSubject: Re: Musical roll call.   Musical roll call. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Musical roll call.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2