Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

God Gave Rock And Roll To You

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Fundy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5318
Registration date : 2007-05-04

God Gave Rock And Roll To You Empty
PostSubject: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 3:09 pm

https://vimeo.com/131469540

New movie from John Schlitt

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 3:26 pm

It looks interesting.  I am not expecting it to be the best movie ever, but it does look like fun.  I will also appeal to those of us who lived through this era.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 3:30 pm

Hmmm, not sure what to think based on that teaser.  Might have seem a little better if John would have got actors to play the band members.

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 5:36 pm

Must be the Unofficial Stryper movie.  I doubt I'll watch it if the acting is as bad as on the trailer which I couldn't watch all the way through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 6:31 pm

Interesting. Thought it looked like the guys from Choatic Resemblance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 7:16 pm

It is the guys from Chaotic Resemblance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 6:48 pm

I really wanted to support this, but the more I look it over, it scares me to invest in it.

First, the rewards are kind of crazy. You have to go all the way up to $100 to get a copy of the DVD when it comes out..really? And even though they say it will be signed, they tell you it will be signed by whoever they can get. So no guarantee it will be anyone you even care about..,

Also, the goal is high. 50k. I don't see them getting that, which means the project won't be funded.

Because it is classified as flexible, you will get charged the moment you sign up and you will not get a refund if they miss the goal.

Indiego also does not guarantee you will receive your pledge rewards.

So tell me....what am I missing that would make me feel secure contributing?

I usually support crowd funding projects, this just seems hard to swallow.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 8:39 am

Dang, I gotta confess I wouldn't put money up for that either.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 9:47 am

The rewards are too costly and too risky.  Pass.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 9:52 am

alldatndensum wrote:
The rewards are too costly and too risky.  Pass.

Awe, come on alldat, for $50 they will say your name on their Facebook page and put your name in the creds (and you still don't get a dvd)  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 10:33 am

NO DVD--NO SUPPORT

I refuse to pay that much for any movie on DVD.  If the amount was $30 for the DVD and maybe $40 for the DVD and guaranteed to be signed by Schlitt and the guys from Chaotic Resemblence, then I'd jump on board to help.

That whole not getting your pledge back bugs me, too.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 11:15 am

alldatndensum wrote:

That's the biggest problem for me right there....and yes I'm not paying $100 for any DVD (or CD).

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 11:57 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

That's the biggest problem for me right there....and yes I'm not paying $100 for any DVD (or CD).

Well, they have only raised $200 so I think a lot of peeps feel the same.

With that high of a goal, plus knowing your money is gone even if they don't make it, who would want to give?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 11:58 am

As for $20 to give you a shout out on their Facebook page, big deal, I know a lot of people who would shout my name for $20.

Ok, that probably doesn't sound good.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 12:10 pm

I will give them this. I can understand making a good movie probably cost substantially more than making a good cd.  And they did spend the effort to put together the trailer (to show people what they would be backing).  But the entire "could loose your money even if it doesn't get funded" part would probably be a lot for nearly anyone to swallow.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 1:12 pm

Yeah but what if they released it on VHS? Would you consider contributing then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 1:43 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 3:20 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

Yes I would, but only if it came with the soundtrack on cassette at no extra charge.  Laughing

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 6:12 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:
As for $20 to give you a shout out on their Facebook page, big deal, I know a lot of people who would shout my name for $20.

Ok, that probably doesn't sound good.

Hey, 20 bucks is 20 bucks!  lol!

I couldn't help myself.  One of the special needs girls I have in my classroom at school has a rather crude mother.  The mom is a bartender and is always wearing cootchie cutter shorts and t-shirts with all sorts of risque sayings.  She wore in one when she dropped her daughter off this year that said, "I'm not a lesbian, but 20 bucks is 20 bucks!"  We asked her about that one and she said that people buy them for her and she gets great tips when she wears stuff like that.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 6:56 am

Nice.....that's always appropriate attire to take your kid to school...sheesh...

Wear something appropriate to school, change shirts at the job. Not hard,

As a side note, people give her those kind of shirts because they obviously don't respect her and because I am willing to bet she carries herself like someone who WOULD wear one like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God Gave Rock And Roll To You   God Gave Rock And Roll To You I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God Gave Rock And Roll To You
Page 1 of 1