Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In This Moment

Go down 
+2
silentthunder89
Dreams
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: In This Moment   In This Moment I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 11:47 am

I've seen this band posted on several Christian web sites, and almost always they are listed as Believers. Every time I comment that this band has nothing to do with Christianity, members reply that I shouldn't judge other people. I am not judging anyone personally, just their fruit (works). If anyone here has any question as to the intentions of this band then click on the following link. What is interesting on that link is the pod cast interview with the lead singer Maria Brink.

http://headbangersblog.mtv.com/2009/02/27/exclusive-podcast-in-this-moment-vocalist-maria-brink-talks-playboy-nudity-recurring-dreams-warped-tour/
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:03 pm

I completely agree with you Dreams. Someone can say they are a believer and preach the gospel all they want, but unless they are living out what they preach, everything they say are just empty words. In James 2:20 it clearly says faith without works is dead. Until she starts walking the talk, I can't see her making a positive impact on anyone that would lead them towards Christ.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:07 pm

I can't say that I can make a statement here. I don't really know who this band is.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:49 pm

She talks a lot on the podcast about haveing a "sexual side" which is all fine and dandy until you think about how she might influence her 13 and 14yr old female fans. As she mentions, these girls are writing letters to her saying she's her hero and stuff. But what will happen when they see her posing for Playboy, showing her sexy side, and things of that nature? In my opinion, she really needs to be careful about this kind of stuff because she has a lot more pull on these fans than she thinks, especially since this age group is VERY impressionable.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:29 am

Never heard of this band. But posing in Playboy (with or without clothes) doesn't seem like a great thing to add to your testimony.

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:41 am

In the pod cast the interviewer asks Miss Brink what all the crystals are for in the back of the RV. She replied that in her free time she dabbles in New Age and Zen to pass the time. She also made the comment that if band members want to invite girls over 21 in the RV so that they can do their thing that was alright with her as long as the girl knows what she is getting into. What I don't understand is that this band has never admitted to being anything of a Christian persuasion, but because they sing from a lyrically positive angle they are automatically welcomed into the fold. It seems that none of those big hearted Christians care much about the dangers of wolves in sheep's clothing.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:58 am

The same thing kind of happened with the 12 Stones a year or two back. When they released their debut album, everyone was sure they were a Christian band. Stores even went as far as selling their cd in Christian bookstores. But when they released their latest album (the band's 3rd) it had some really negative lyrics in the songs. For example, in one song it talked about a girl coming home only to find her man cheating on her with another girl. They went on to say that they never SAID they were a Christian band in the first place. They just left it up to the fans to come up with their own interpretation to their music. They said it was all fine and dandy if the Christian community accepted them as a Christian band, but they didn't want to be labeled as a Christian band. My point is, the Christian community has a habit of assuming a band is a Christian band if they sing positive lyrics, don't curse, and sing songs about "needing You in my life" even if they don't even mention the name God or Jesus.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Finally listened to most of the interview, and nothing this girl has said would lead me to believe that she is a Christian.....quite the contrary.

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:35 am

Yeah, I like this band musically, and I like Maria's unique vocals, but it's no secret they're not a "Christian" band. I think she grew up in either a Christian or Catholic home (can't confirm that w/ a source, unfortunately), so that perspective informs her lyrics to a degree, but they're not based on faith in Jesus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Never heard of this band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In This Moment
Page 1 of 1