Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
Staybrite
topshot rhit
Dynamis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal Empty
PostSubject: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 9:51 pm

I just discovered a new Christian symphonic power/progressive metal band out of Pittsburgh by the name of Promised Land. Is anyone familiar with this band or heard their 4 song EP/demo?

Samples are available at: http://www.myspace.com/promiselandx

What does everyone think of the bands music and songwriting? Lead vocals? Production?

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 9:59 pm

I recall not liking something about it, but it's been quite some time since I've listened. IIRC they have potential but either the production or songwriting didn't click with me.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 2:42 pm

I remeber hearing that name before (actually the title of a Queensryche album). But I don't remember listening to the group.

I'll have to check them out.

--

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 6:59 pm

I love symphonic metal (it's my favorite genre) but this doesn't cut it. Seems almost like the timing is off at times and the vocals are horrible.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 9:39 am

Quote :
Seems almost like the timing is off at times and the vocals are horrible.

Don't hold back--tell us what you really think! lol!

But, I have to agree 100%.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 4:55 pm

I am trying to write a review of Promised Land and am glad everyone is agreeing with my sentiments...

The vocalist is actually pretty good- but not for the style of power/progressive metal that Promised Land plays. Put him in a gritty hard rock band (such as F.O.G.) and he would do just fine.

What these guys need is a Lance King-type on lead vocals.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 7:12 pm

Ummm yeah,
After listening to their myspace songs, I think I would probably pass on this. Sounds like they need to change styles or improve their sound significantly.

--

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 5:19 pm

I kinda like it...even the vocals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:57 pm

I was google searching Promise Land to see what recent buzz came about from last night and came across this old thread...

I think you guys should really give them a new listen. The band just released their new single, 'Hiding Place' featuring their new lead vocalist.

PromiseLandX.com

I read one description that I thought suited the new PL sound best:
Quote :
The sound carries the elegance of Scandinavian symphonic metal like Nightwish and HB, but also carries a rugged American flavor with it and manages to blend the these two seemingly conflicting worlds quite well. I look forward to seeing what's in store with the full album!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:02 pm

Thanks XNilo (and welcome to the board).

I was just over at the bands site earlier today and listened to their new song, and I must say it is a vast improvement over their previous demo. They definately have my interest now.

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:18 am

Welcome to the Board XNilo!!

This definitely has my interest as well! I really like the vocalist. I'd definitely be into anything they put out in the near future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:29 am

Hey.. thanks for the welcome Staybrite and Silentthunder89. Thumbs Up

Yea, they've definitely come a long ways, muscially, lyrically and just overall appearance. I'm really looking forward to the full length album next year. It looks promising.

I wish there were more quality Christian symphonic metal bands. It seems to be a hard genre to pull off without big budget production.

I did, however, read somewhere recently that HB is suppose to putting out their second english album within the next couple of months. Looking forward to getting that as well.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:33 am

Welcome aboard XNilo.
Have a good time with us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Hey, thanks rockerVu2
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Wow - great song! And I like the new vocalist. Will Promised Land be putting out any new music in the future, such as an EP or full length album?
Back to top Go down
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 7:37 pm

I love the new song!! Can not what till the new album comes out!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:13 am

Dynamis wrote:
Wow - great song! And I like the new vocalist. Will Promised Land be putting out any new music in the future, such as an EP or full length album?

They're working on a full length release for spring/summer of next year.
If the album is anything like this song, it's looks very promising (no pun intended...well maybe a little.. lol)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal   Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Promised Land - Christian Symphonic Metal
Page 1 of 1