Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath

Go down 
+2
Black Rider
Jen5
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath Empty
PostSubject: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 5:55 am

Here's a new Christian metal band I found today called Parath. They're based in my home town, Hamilton. Who woulda known. They call themselves a symphonic metal band. They don't sound very symphonic to me (I'm thinking Evanescence when I say that), but then I haven't listened to much yet.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 9:38 am

I don't get symphonic out of that at all. There a little late to the party with that sound, wonder if they'll be able to establish themselves?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 12:50 pm

Not what I think of when I hear "symphonic" either.  Maybe it's become a generic term when you have a "metal" sounding band with a female lead vocalist (hey E&S is symphonic!).  Laughing
Or possibly since they are mixing the clean female with the aggressive male vocals maybe they are trying to pull off the "Beauty & the Beast" kind of mix that seems popular with the gothic and symphonic bands.
Musically not bad and the female vocalist isn't bad at all (but a little one dimensional in this song)....the male vocals ruin it for me though.

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 3:28 pm

To me they sound a little like Arch Enemy (without the heavier death metal aspect) so I was thinking it's more melodic metal (how's that for a vague category?) There are only a handful of NZ based Christian metal bands (Enoch, Saving Grace, Tainted plus a bunch who kinda sit on the fence) so I'll be keeping my eye on Parath to see what they get up to
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 8:33 pm

I like the sound and like the young lady's voice.  The burping vocals behind her are a total turn off for me.  Is the rest of their stuff like this, or do they just use the burping vocals on a song or two?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 9:30 pm

Some of the songs do, but some don't. Some are more male focused (he's the 'burper' lol) and others are more focused on the female singer. They look pretty new as a band (also pretty young) so who knows where these guys will end up in the sonic sphere. They'll be playing a gig here at the end of the month, I'm toying with going just to see what's up though if they're playing to a crowd of 20 somethings, I might stand out as a tad geriatric in relative terms
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 10:17 am

Jen5 wrote:
Some of the songs do, but some don't. Some are more male focused (he's the 'burper' lol) and others are more focused on the female singer. They look pretty new as a band (also pretty young) so who knows where these guys will end up in the sonic sphere. They'll be playing a gig here at the end of the month, I'm toying with going just to see what's up though if they're playing to a crowd of 20 somethings, I might stand out as a tad geriatric in relative terms

I've gone to the few shows like that.  I end up being the old balding, fat guy at the back of the club....wearing ear-plugs and nodding my head along to the music.  The kids tend to leave you alone.  Laughing  They probably think I am a tour manger, or one of the band member's dad, or uncle.

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 10:39 am

Luckily I'm not fat or balding but my gotee is gray but we don't have show in Yakima so I can't even go and nod along.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 4:59 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Luckily I'm not fat or balding but my gotee is gray but we don't have show in Yakima so I can't even go and nod along.

Yeah, you would need to hike all the way up to Spokane to see pretty much anything but local bar bands.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 12:05 pm

Hey now, Spokane is a stone's throw from me!  If you come up that way, give me a hollar!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 12:32 pm

kerrick wrote:
Hey now, Spokane is a stone's throw from me!  If you come up that way, give me a hollar!

I seldom make it that far East, but I wouldn't think of passing by that way without hitting you up.
Now my son and wife will be driving through there next month, but they will have a really tight 3 day schedule to get back to Kentucky and won't be making any unscheduled stops (unless the car breaks down).

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 1:16 pm

Almost 13 years living in Yakima area and I've never been to Spokane. When we travel it's to Portland to see family. Would be cool though.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 3:31 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Almost 13 years living in Yakima area and I've never been to Spokane. When we travel it's to Portland to see family. Would be cool though.

I'm a little surprised to hear that.  Granted I have lived in Western Washington since 1980 (give or take), and can still count on one hand how many times I've been to Spokane....and usually just to drive through on my way to Montana or Idaho...Its almost like it's in a whole other state.  I don't have family there, so that's part of it.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 2:37 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

I seldom make it that far East, but I wouldn't think of passing by that way without hitting you up.
Now my son and wife will be driving through there next month, but they will have a really tight 3 day schedule to get back to Kentucky and won't be making any unscheduled stops (unless the car breaks down).

Right on.  And likewise if we're ever that far west!  I hope your wife and son have a smooth trip with no car troubles.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Yeah, it's definitely an Arch Enemy type of vibe.  Not what I would consider symphonic metal though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath   New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Symphonic Metal Band -- Parath
Page 1 of 1