Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spectra - A New Old Glam Band

Go down 
+9
MikeInFla
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
Bobby Crunch
Dynamis
rockerVu2
Fundy
alldatndensum
Staybrite
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 7:04 am

There actually was a compilation of demos released with the two Spectra songs on it.,,,

I was reading about it on a website last week.

I will try and find the article.,,,I believe the compilation is OOP and also rare
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 8:32 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:
There actually was a compilation of demos released with the two Spectra songs on it.,,,

I was reading about it on a website last week.

I will try and find the article.,,,I believe the compilation is OOP and also rare

Would be cool for this to be floating around. If anyone can find it, it would probably be Bill Roxx or even G/F he seems to have tons of luck locating hard to find stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 8:55 am

Here's the compilation I was talking about...

if anyone has it or knows who I can get it, please let me know. 

I will trade you staybrite's soul for it....    Twisted Evil

robertigno-christianblogspotcom.blogspot.com/2009/03/christian-demos-hard-to-find-max-blam.html
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:00 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:

When I traded you my soul, you implicitly agreed to a non-disclosure agreement.  You weren't supposed to mention my soul being for sale on a public forum.  I will be sending my collection agent around to your place at midnight to recover my soul.  I suggest you lock up your own soul.  He isn't very discriminating and has a tendency to take any soul that is handy (just see what he did to these poor people, that lady didn't even eat the mousse).

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:07 pm

^Classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Staybrite wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:

When I traded you my soul, you implicitly agreed to a non-disclosure agreement.  You weren't supposed to mention my soul being for sale on a public forum.  I will be sending my collection agent around to your place at midnight to recover my soul.  I suggest you lock up your own soul.  He isn't very discriminating and has a tendency to take any soul that is handy (just see what he did to these poor people, that lady didn't even eat the mousse).

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 11:28 am

Very Happy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
JoDo

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 1:21 am

Hey guys, just stumbled upon this myself.  This is Joe, second from the right.  It was nice to see the band pop up on the google web and people speaking positively.  Those were great times and yes Bobby and I still keep in touch.  I'd post a current pic but you wouldn't be impressed.  I'm just a dusty old woodworker and hockey coach living in the Pacific NW.  Thank you for all the kind words.  Maybe, with those encouraging words, Bob and I will get around to doing something again someday.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 10:47 am

Welcome to CHM JoDo.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 11:16 am

Quite a few of us are old and dusty now JoDo!  lol!
Nice to see you here.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 9:37 am

Welcome, Joe.  So what level do you coach?  Peewee? Bantam? Junior?
Back to top Go down
Bobby Crunch

Bobby Crunch

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 1:01 am

Hey Guys,
My wife just found this clip on youtube. The quality is pretty bad but gives you a taste of what our stage presence was like. This was Halloween night 1987. We were playing with Guardian and a few other bands. It was called Metal Midnight. My wife and I exchanged phone number and began dating this night. That was 28 years ago. We were married the following August and now still Married with Grand kids. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V59_qCSUujY . That's me jumping through the devil face.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 7:25 am

I do wish that there was a studio recording of you guys available even if it was just remastered demos.  I'd buy it for sure!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 8:29 am

I love to listen to all the old Spectra material.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 8:01 pm

Cool vid!

Bobby Crunch

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 12:10 am

Hey All,
This thread has inspired me to release one of our singles in a digital remaster now available on itunes. More to come-

http://itunes.apple.com/album/id1056237046?ls=1&app=itunes

Thanks for the interest and support.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 11:30 am

Very cool !   Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Cool! Will grab it next time I'm on iTunes later tonight or in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 7:24 pm

Awesome to see old classics like Spectra get some good attention these days.  
I came to faith in '89 so I missed out on all the best 80s Christian bands at their height (I only knew about Stryper and Petra).  I've obviously since then caught up with most of them, spent a fortune snagging originals from the 80s, and trading mp3s of the more rare and/or impossible to find ones. 
But just when I think I know of ALL the Christian rock/metal bands of the 80s, I'm STILL discovering new awesome metal bands that played for the Lord back in them gnarly 80s.
Long live Spectra !!  You Rock
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 6:38 am

Bobby Crunch wrote:
Hey All,
This thread has inspired me to release one of our singles in a digital remaster now available on itunes. More to come-

Let me know when the whole project is complete.  Also, let me know when it is on Amazon as well.  I still use my old trusty Zune, and the iTunes software and the Zune software don't seem to like one another.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 7:44 am

Ordered! What you should do is get in touch with someone like Roxx Records http://www.roxxproductions.com about releasing it on cd. They love this old stuff and love to make it available again.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 8:27 am

I've never heard of Spectra, but that song on iTunes is decent. If there would be a re-release of the old album, I'd buy it.
Back to top Go down
Bobby Crunch

Bobby Crunch

PostSubject: Also on Amazon   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 10:40 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Bobby Crunch wrote:
Hey All,

Let me know when the whole project is complete.  Also, let me know when it is on Amazon as well.  I still use my old trusty Zune, and the iTunes software and the Zune software don't seem to like one another.
Hey Alldat,
Here is a link for the song on Amazon-http://www.amazon.com/Lost-and-Lonely/dp/B017MSMF3C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448724899&sr=8-1&keywords=spectra+lost+and+lonely .

We only had a two song demo that was complete from back then. We had started to track some songs but didnt complete them due to budget and other reasons. Joe and I (The two guitar players are in the process of recording a few of the unreleased songs from back then.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 12:40 pm

Bobby Crunch wrote:
Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 18487210
Wonder what happened to the other bands on these old flyers? Would love to hear them as well.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 2:45 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Ordered! What you should do is get in touch with someone like Roxx Records http://www.roxxproductions.com about releasing it on cd. They love this old stuff and love to make it available again.

If only 2 song EP, it would be most excellent to release a 45 colored vinyl, which ROXX could do.  I'd buy it before the wax could cool off !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spectra - A New Old Glam Band   Spectra - A New Old Glam Band - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spectra - A New Old Glam Band
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next