Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harmony News

Go down 
+2
nazpastor
Fundy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:13 am

ULTERIUM RECORDS SIGNS HARMONY

Ulterium Records are very proud to announce the signing of the Swedish melodic metal band Harmony to the label. Their sophomore album “Chapter II: Aftermath” will be released fall 2008, and will be preceded by the EP “End of my road”. Release dates and track listings will be announced within the coming weeks.

“Chapter II: Aftermath” is mixed by Pelle Saether [ACT, Skyfire] in Studio Underground, and mastered by Göran Finnberg [In Flames, The Haunted, Dark Tranquillity] at The Mastering Room. Daniel Heiman [Heed, ex. Lost Horizon] is doing guest vocals on the track “Inner peace”, and Kristoffer Gildenlöw [Dial, ex. Pain of salvation] handles the bass during the entire album.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:24 am

I am so looking forward to this. The EP is new news to me. I will most definitely be getting both of these projects.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:58 pm

Great news, been looking forward to a new Harmony album for a couple of years now.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:18 am

Not an EP!!! EPs are not environmentally friendly! You can put more music on this disc that requires oil/petroleum to make plastic! EPs are the devil!

lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:05 am

Now why release an EP and a full length album?
I prefer a full length album more.
True EP's are evil
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:48 am

My guess is that the music doesn't "go together" for it to all be on one. Maybe they have gotten a bit more variation than they wanted on the one project so they are making it two, but they don't have enough for two full albums. That would be my guess as to why the two. Not a big fan of EP's either, but if they want to experiment, I can see doing it that way instead of messing up a really good album with experiments.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 2:44 pm

Didn't Random Eyes just release an EP (ahead of the full length album) that didn't contain any songs that were not on that full-length album?
Almost like releasing an extended single prior to putting out the full album?
Does anyone know if this is what Harmony might be doing?

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 4:04 pm

I'm not really keen on bands saying 'the only reason we released an ep was because the song order didn't work on the full album.' I remember Impellitteri did that for Fuel For The Fire EP and Eye Of The Hurricane. All they had was two extra songs, so why not stick them right at the end, and say BONUS TRACK 1 and BONUS TRACK 2.

If they want to release an EP, then that's fine. If they want to get more money by doing that, then that's fine, but if they say it's just song order thing, then I don't believe em!

Fundy, the cynic!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 12:23 am

A very long time ago Randy Rose released an EP too.
"Recorded Live" was an EP in a run. I remember a several other bands released an EP in this run.
For me the Randy Rose EP was the best EP.
An other very cool EP is "The Battle Still Rages" of Trust.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 6:32 am

Quote :
Didn't Random Eyes just release an EP (ahead of the full length album) that didn't contain any songs that were not on that full-length album?

I thought that they released songs that were on the CD on their EP. I'll have to check.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 2:58 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

I thought that they released songs that were on the CD on their EP. I'll have to check.

I think we both just said the same thing.

I agree with you Yvonne, the Randy Rose EP in the "Intense Live" series of "live studio" eps was the best, but it was followed very very closely by Die Happy's "Intense Live" disc.
I had the Deliverance one for a while (not bad, but not much of a Deliverance), and the Tourniquet one was really strange, because Les Carlson from Bloodgood sang all the songs, and it didn't really seem to fit. There was one more of those "Intense Live" Eps but I never heard that one, wasn't it some industrial band?

nazpastor

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 4:02 pm

Mortal was the 5th one. If you get all 5 in order, there is a guitar picture above the numbers that is only visible if you have them all.
Back to top Go down
exact33

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:49 pm

I am looking forward to the new Harmony releases. I dont mind the ep - more is better Smile

and speaking of EPs Seventh Avenue released an EP back in the day called Children. The only unique track to that release is the rough ballad version of Children.

and then there are EPs from Extol, Mort, Saviour Machine, Sympathy, Tourniquet, Ultimatum, Whitecross and Saint..
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: "End Of My Road"   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 4:40 pm

That's the title of the EP Harmony will release.
CLICK HERE

Check out this song.
It sounds great, that's my opinion.
Now I have heard this song I am so curious how the full length song sonds.

Last edited by avdb11 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 4:42 pm

I'm waiting for the full length. Three of the songs from the EP will be on the full length. I'll probably either buy those two remaining songs on an MP3 site or twist a buddy's arm to rip them and email me those two tracks.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 4:46 pm

Maybe I can help you for the Harmony songs who are on the EP?
I plan to order both.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 4:54 pm

I am hoping to get both, but I will probably be a while for me.
Sounds great by the way.

Admin
alldatndensum

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 5:01 pm

Quote :
Maybe I can help you for the Harmony songs who are on the EP?
I plan to order both.

Sweet! And I didn't even have to twist someone's arm! Now who am I gonna rough up? Where's Tim? Come here, Tim...... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 5:04 pm

Poor Tim Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harmony News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmony News   Harmony News I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harmony News
Page 1 of 1