Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New "Terium" review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

New "Terium" review Empty
PostSubject: New "Terium" review   New "Terium" review I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:51 pm

I found a new review of Seventh Avenue's "Terium" over at the metalreviews.com site (they give it a grade of 91% as opposed to my grade of "just" 90%). Anyhow, here is the review:

This is the first album I have listened to from this German band, and I can already tell you its not going to be the last. This band was actually formed way back in in 89, so they've been around for a while, but it took Terium for them to get my attention, and they got it fully now ! I've since then found an old promo of the previous album, Eternals, and while it contains great tunes and moments, it seems that Terium is a incredible
improvement for the band (especially on the arrangement and song-writing), a gigantic leap forward that could catapult this band very high if this progression continues !

After the into, the first song kicks in with a Iron Maiden like riff (its pretty clear they are an influence), and what strikes right away is how tight the bands sounds, with awesome vocals, which tends to be the usual
typical power metal achilles' heel, but not here. Herbie Langhans (who is also the lead guitar player) shines throughout this album, delivering a rock solid performance with brio and panache. From the first song to the last its clear that the guitar work is also a big important strongpoint for this band. Fast and furious riffs, melodies flying all over the place, twin guitars attacks, soloing, everything is there, and everything is top-notch ! But the rhythm section is not to be forgotten, solid to say the least. The second song, also title of the album, Terium, is an awesome fast-paced melodic slap in the face, in between the awesome vocals, catchy yet powerful chorus, and incredible melodic riffs brings this song to the stratosphere. And the best is yet to come... cause this album contains 14 songs, all killer, and clocks at more than 70 minutes (quite atypical for power metal). And usually when albums are long, you will find boring moments, but not here. In between fast paced songs (most of them are !), the (heavy) mid-tempos and the two ballads (one epic and one emotional guitar-less, piano driven song), Terium is giving you a run for your money. I could detail each songs but it would then result in a very long review, and I really don't want to spoil you too much. But let's just say that songs like Terium, Futur's Dawn, Needs, Betrayal, Two Masters, Priests And Servants will carve their incredible choruses into your mind for a very, very long time. New Era closes the album with a bang, another terrific song and a great way to end such a grand album. I cannot stress enough how everything flows and sounds so perfectly.

An incredible surprise, an album that sounds mature and airtight ! If you like Power / Speed Metal acts with awesome vocals and choruses to die for, then you can't afford not to add Terium to your CD collection. I've listened to this album more than 15 times already, and each and everytime it makes me want to headbang and sing out loud and never get bored of it. An almost certain candidate for Surprise of the Year album. Two thumbs
up !
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New "Terium" review   New "Terium" review I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:11 pm

A glowing review, almost sounds as if Fundy wrote it.
Laughing

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New "Terium" review   New "Terium" review I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 1:52 am

Razz

I'd give it 95%!

Here's my mini review......

Only time will tell if it's better than Eternals, but at present it feels like it is! I started listening to it and didn't press the skip button once! And that is quite an amazing feat for an album over 70 minutes long with 15 different tracks! For those who haven't heard of SA before, both this album and Eternals are the best places to start.
Terium is a concept based album which basically goes for the story of Jesus coming down from heaven, but this time it has a Sci Fi slant on it. It's all done very well and Mike who wrote all the lyrics proves yet again that he's the man for the job. Herbie concentrates on the music side of it, and like Eternals shows us that he knows how to write some stonking tunes! It's my album of 2008! Nothing can seemingly stop the SA advance! Long may they reign!!!!
My favourite song is incredibly tricky to decide, but at the moment it'll have to be either Futures Dawn or New Era, but when the songs are this good, I don't really care. Hey, they're all brilliant!
(and it seems to me that SA are STILL the only band to continually improve with each album.)

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: New "Terium" review   New "Terium" review I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 7:37 am

What all the reviewers are pointing out is how consistent "Terium" is despite featuring 15 songs and over 70 minutes of music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: New "Terium" review   New "Terium" review I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:52 pm

I have tried and tried and tried to like this album...but I can't. I cannot understand what people hear in it that sounds so good, but that's why God gave us all different tastes.

I have a brand new copy (never played - I unwrapped it, copied the files to my computer, and immediately put it on the shelf) for sale or trade if anyone's interested.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New "Terium" review   New "Terium" review I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:08 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:

I have a brand new copy (never played - I unwrapped it, copied the files to my computer, and immediately put it on the shelf) for sale or trade if anyone's interested.

Ok sell it to me. Send me a pm and I will mail you some money.

PostSubject: Re: New "Terium" review   New "Terium" review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New "Terium" review
Page 1 of 1