Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review

Go down 
+4
Staybrite
Fundy
alldatndensum
Dynamis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review Empty
PostSubject: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 9:15 pm

Just want everyone to know I recently updated Angelic Warlord to include a review of the new Boarders CD "The World Hates Me". Please be sure to check it out: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/b/boarders07.html

I also updated the site to include a review of the new The Sacrificed CD as well: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/s/thesacrificed07.html

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 9:49 pm

Quote :
Please let me know if you have any questions.

I have a question: if you damage your dilithium crystal during a battle with the Klingons, what is the best way to recrystalize it?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 10:51 pm

Quote :
I have a question: if you damage your dilithium crystal during a battle with the Klingons, what is the best way to recrystalize it?

I would just plug them into the outlet in the wall and re-charge them...
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 2:06 am

Great review of the Boarders CD. I'm still listening to that album lots. It's exactly the kind of music I like, a few ballads, a few thrash, a few screaming, a few growling.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 8:09 am

Quote :
I would just plug them into the outlet in the wall and re-charge them...

No! You fire your phaser at them to recrystalize them! I'm glad Scotty was the Chief Engineer on the Enterprise! LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 2:47 pm

I just read both of those reviews last night. Another good job Andy, great site btw (I just can't seem to say that enough).
geek

alldatndensum wrote:

No! You fire your phaser at them to recrystalize them! I'm glad Scotty was the Chief Engineer on the Enterprise! LOL

Yes but is that with your phaser on the "stun" setting or "vaporize"?

Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review 13

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 3:09 pm

"The World Hates Me" is a great CD.
But ... I.m not a Trekkie fan.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 6:53 pm

Quote :
I just read both of those reviews last night. Another good job Andy, great site btw (I just can't seem to say that enough).

Thanks. I am glad everyone is enjoying the site. It is definately a labor of love. Next weekend I plan to do a major update and include reviews of albums by Cross, Bruised Heel and Stevie & the Saints along with plenty of new links and Christian metal news.

Quote :

Sorry, I'm just a simple web designer and music critic and don't know nothing about no "Klingons" or "dylitheum crystals".
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 3:00 pm

Klingons" or "dylitheum crystals".
It sounds very complicated but I've no idea what it is.
You are not the only one Dynamis.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 8:03 pm

Quote :
Klingons" or "dylitheum crystals".
It sounds very complicated but I've no idea what it is.

And a simple question from Star Trek stumps the mere mortals! Klingons were the original bad guys on Star Trek. Dilithium crystals are what powered the Warp Drive engines.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 8:43 pm

Music is great but the vox are so-so for me in many areas with the odd announciation and such. However, the Megadeth cover is fantastic - I wish he'd done the rest of the vox that way as I can understand him quite well there.

kethdredd

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:12 pm

Unforutunately my order has never arrived Sad. I placed the order a month ago, I emailed the guy but havent heard back, I may have to wait until its available at a US distro.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 3:13 pm

It seems I need more Trekkie lessons.
A lot more to understand all Trekkie things.
Now I've to ask you what the Warp Drive is.
Yes, it's a place on CHM where we can post threads.
But I think it has to do with Star Trek.

Kethdredd, you have to contact Boarders on MySpace and tell you've never gotten your CD but you have payed.
In the band links you can find the Boarder MySpace link.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 9:27 pm

Warp Drive is what allows the ship to travel at/greater than the speed of light. "Impulse engines" allow the ship to travel at great speeds, but less than light speed. At Warp 1, the ship is traveling at the speed of light. Warp 2 is twice as fast at Warp 1. Warp 3 is 2x as fast as 2. And so it goes exponentially until you get to Warp 9.9...the absolute top speed of any Federation starship without assistance of the gravity of some solar body (whereby a gravity slingshot can result in a speed exceeding Warp 10 - enabling time travel).

STAR TREK RULES!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
rageofcr

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:14 pm

Fundy wrote:
Great review of the Boarders CD. I'm still listening to that album lots. It's exactly the kind of music I like, a few ballads, a few thrash, a few screaming, a few growling.
Whoa whoa whoa! There is screaming and growling on this disc? I thought it was all clear vocals.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 1:55 am

It's mostly clear vocals, but there are some high pitched singing, and also a small bit of growling. I'm no big fan of growling vocals, but because it was only a small amount it seemed to work perfectly. That's why their album is my favourite of the year so far.

If you've heard the stuff off of myspace, then that's pretty much what they sound like, although on a couple of the tracks the vocals do growl a bit (but not for long). For instance on W.P.D. it's only "Work, Pay, Die" that are sung in growly tones.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 8:00 am

I think it's really time to watch a Star Trek movei to understand it a it better.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 11:46 am

Check out Star Trek: First Contact or Star Trek: Insurrection. Both are fantastic movies with the "Next Generation" crew rather than the original Star Trek crew. But you also can't go wrong with any of the original cast movies (Star Trek I through VI).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review   Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boarders - "The World Hates Me" review
Page 1 of 1