Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Record companies and Christian bands.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Record companies and Christian bands. Empty
PostSubject: Record companies and Christian bands.   Record companies and Christian bands. I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 5:10 pm

This is were I wonder about for a long time.
There are Christian bands and record companies.
Are there Christian Record companies too?
Record companies who only release Christian bands?

How does that go?
I thought Christian bands approach Christan record companies to release their albums.
Who knows more about this and how it really goes?

An other question.
The End music is one of the first online sites where you can order Fires Of Babylon and Seventh Power.
I was a bit surprised, an online site where you can buy tons of secular stuff has both albums and maybe more Christian bands in stock.
I thought the other Christian online sites to order Christian music from were a more likely choise of Christian band to ofter their music for sale.
What brings an online site like The end to offer Christian bands for sale while they offer a lot of secular music like death metal bands?
Does anyone knows more about how this goes?
I am interested to hear more.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Record companies and Christian bands.   Record companies and Christian bands. I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 10:24 pm

The End sells metal CDs. It doesn't really matter if it's Christian or not. They just aim to please metal fans. If it's good stuff, they'll stock it. Apparently, they feel that several Retroactive Records releases are good enough to stock and sell to their metal fanbase.

There are fewer and fewer true Christian owned and operated record companies. Most Christian music companies are owned by much larger secular companies. These companies see a niche market that a lot of their music will never reach. So, they bought out the Christian companies and release music aimed more at people of faith.

But, not all Christians want to be marketed solely to this group of churchgoers. Take P.O.D. and Switchfoot. Both bands have Christian members and even share their faith at times. But, they want to take a much more stealthy approach to their music and win people over slowly while they enjoy more mainstream success. This appears to be the direction that the Christian music industry is headed in.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Record companies and Christian bands.   Record companies and Christian bands. I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:33 pm

About the only one I can think of is probably Vertical Shift Records. This is the label that Re:zound is on and the label is out of thier own church. Also the band Ever Stays Red is on this label. Also Gotee records has gone back solo and not affiliated with any major labels so they could probably be considered a christian label. But alas yes the days of Christian labels are gone.

Also the labels that cater more to the worship music crowd are christian based. A label such as sixsteps (David Crowder Band,Matt Redman,Charlie Hall) and owned by Sparrow. I don't think sixsteps branches out to the mainstream market.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Record companies and Christian bands.   Record companies and Christian bands. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record companies and Christian bands.
Page 1 of 1