Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
ChosenOne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper Empty
PostSubject: maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper   maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:03 pm

http://www.cmspin.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=4929&z=26

Saw this review of the recent DeGarmo & Key concert from the GMA's. Appears they are still at the top of thier game and the response has been outstanding. Remember Stryper released 7, went out on tour and the response was so good that they decided to regroup and release ReBorn. Not saying that will happen with D&K but you never know. If you read to much into the comment from Dana Key it's does leave you wondering if they may indeed be coming back
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper   maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:40 pm

I think it would be cool for these guys to get back together and at least tour.
It would be cool to see them release new music, and hopefully get the majority of their back catalog rereleased to boot.

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper   maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:37 pm

No, I am not a big D & K Fan but wouldn't mind seeing another release from these guys.

But I will say things: "Straight On", the bands sophomore album, really has some gritty, hard rocking moments (particularly its first half)- which is quite the contrast to much of the CCM-ish stuff that characterized much of the groups career.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper   maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:45 pm

I'm still waiting for Bob and John to realize that Petra could live on as an indie rock band. That is probably the one group I would most like to see come out of retirement.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper   maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:41 pm

I read an interview with John Schlitt. In the interview he basically said that they were asked to lead worship at like a camp and realized that they would be identified as "2 guys from Petra" hence the reason for the name of the album. I'm with you thou, the fans aren't dumb they know that you are Petra so just call yourself Petra. When you think about, Jekyl & Hyde was basically just John & Bob w/studio muscians and they still called themselves Petra.

As far as D&K, I would love to hear new music as well. Besides Eddie is the president of EMI so they would have no problem getting a record deal. I would suspect that at the very least we will get a "best of" picked by D&k with a few new tunes on it. It's been done before by them but if it worked for Stryper it could work for them. Also found it funny about the people in Dana's church not knowing that side of him, the rocker side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper   maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:09 pm

It's not Petra without Greg Volz. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Stryped Forever

Stryped Forever

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper   maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:25 pm

It's not Petra without John Schlitt. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.StrypedForever.com

PostSubject: Re: maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper   maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:39 pm

Where is that "beating you into a bloody pulp" emoticon when I need it? Mad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper   maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 2:03 am

When did this turn into a Petra thread!

Quote :
Where is that "beating you into a bloody pulp" emoticon when I need it?
here you go maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper 22

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper   maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 6:06 pm

D&K never interested me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper   maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:59 pm

Staybrite wrote:

here you go maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper 22

That's the one!! cheers

I like D&K, though they were never a frequent player for me. Streetlight and This Ain't Hollywood were probably their best, IMO, although I did have Communication as well. Six, Six, Six was a really cool song with an even cooler video. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper   maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:25 pm

D&k,Boycott Hell & Streetlight (which I think had Every Moment of my Life) are my favorites
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper   maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

maybe just maybe,worked for Stryper
Page 1 of 1