Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Stryper CD.

Go down 
+2
nazpastor
rockerVu2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

New Stryper CD. Empty
PostSubject: New Stryper CD.   New Stryper CD. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:49 am

It seems that our decision to do a cover record has pleased many people, but has upset a small number of people as well. We've never been a band to go with the flow - we've always set out to do our own thing and to do it according to how we feel led. Some agree, some disagree. It's always been this way. We didn't grow up in the church, we grew up on the streets of LA so our approach to spreading God's word doesn't always line up with how others think it should be done. The bottom line is this - we have not turned our backs on our faith or our beliefs, we just want to loosen up a bit and show our fans how we came to be musically. We we're heavily influenced by a number of bands back in the 70's and early 80's and these bands helped to shape our sound and style. This is the purpose of this record, to show you how we evolved over the years and more important - to have a little fun in the process. The band is looking forward to cutting lose a bit and performing the music we grew up with. I'm sorry to hear that there are a few negative Nancy's who believe that we're turning our back on God and our faith. This couldn't be further from the truth. The fact is that we are stronger and even more serious about our faith then we've ever been before. God knows our hearts and our motives. We don't endorse any of these bands or the message they present or their lifestyles. We just want to play some amazing songs and hopefully break down some walls and open some doors along the way. We will continue to honor God in all that we do and say and we can only hope and pray that the few of you who have expressed your disappointment will open your minds and your hearts to what God can do with this record. Let's not limit God..........

Respectfully and sincerely,

Michael

Breaking the Law by Priest, Over the Mountain by Ozzy, The Trooper by Maiden, Blackout by Scorpions, & Set Me Free by Sweet.

I've listened to "Breaking The Law" life.

What are your thought about Stryper working on a new CD with secular covers?

I have posted a video of "Breaking The Law"of Stryper in the thread "Other band news. So you can listen how this songs sound.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

New Stryper CD. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stryper CD.   New Stryper CD. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:57 am

Here's a video of Stryper playing Priest.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

New Stryper CD. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stryper CD.   New Stryper CD. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:31 am

I personally don't have a problem with them doing covers, loved the Boston cover on Murder by Pride. My problem is that I have actually really like their last two albums a lot and would love to hear the progression from MBP to a new album instead of an album of covers.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New Stryper CD. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stryper CD.   New Stryper CD. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:45 am

I think that the covers album will be something they will do mostly finish their contract with Big3. I would not expect them to wait years after doing the cover album for a new project. I think this will be a quick album for them to record and give them something fun to do while they write new material. They've seen that fans are still interested if they give us some kickbacks to the golden age of Stryper while infusing a newer sound/style as well. I think this will work well for Stryper.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

New Stryper CD. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stryper CD.   New Stryper CD. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Not sure if I'll buy it, but it's good for them to do if that's what they want. It'll definitely be interesting for lots of metal heads.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Stryper CD. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stryper CD.   New Stryper CD. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm really looking forward to it (frankly I'm just really happy it's not a Christmas album). And I agree with Alldat and think it is just a record to fulfill their contract with Big3. It can be recorded quickly becuase they wont have to write any new material, and they wont need nearly as much rehearsal time (as they all probably know the songs forward and backwards). Any new Stryper songs they are currently writing will just wait until the next studio album which could follow within a year of the covers album (one can only hope).

rockerVu2

New Stryper CD. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stryper CD.   New Stryper CD. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:54 am

I have listend to "Breaking The Law" live and it has a great sound this song.
Now let me listen to a couple other cover to decide if I will buy this CD.

Does this mean Stryper is leaving Big3 and goes to an other record company?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Stryper CD. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stryper CD.   New Stryper CD. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:56 am

rockerVu2 wrote:

Does this mean Stryper is leaving Big3 and goes to an other record company?

Well they didn't come right out and say that, but based on what Micheal wrote regarding sales of Murder by Pride, and his reference to "making some changes", it certianly sounds to me like they are looking for a new record company.......or possibly even going indie.

rockerVu2

New Stryper CD. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stryper CD.   New Stryper CD. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:07 pm

When Stryper goes indie, they have no influence anymore of a record company.
Maybe that's better.
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

New Stryper CD. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stryper CD.   New Stryper CD. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:46 pm

I think it doesn't matter if they go indie or not for they do have a name that speaks for itself. I mean even after such a long time they didn't play live the response is bombastic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
Sponsored content

New Stryper CD. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stryper CD.   New Stryper CD. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Stryper CD.
Page 1 of 1