Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness

Go down 
+6
kethdredd
Fundy
fishingd
alldatndensum
7thSecond
Staybrite
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:51 pm

You can hear samples of all the songs at this cd baby link.
http://cdbaby.com/cd/jacobsdream

Sounds fantastic to me. I will have to move it towards the top of my "must have" list.

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:21 pm

Ordered it a few days ago. Anxiously await it's arrival.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:20 pm

7thSecond wrote:

Did you order it from the band? For some reason CDbaby indicates that it is "not in stock".

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:54 pm

I got really bored with JD's first two CDs. I thought their last one was just bad. I don't have any of their stuff in the coolection anymore.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:11 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I got really bored with JD's first two CDs. I thought their last one was just bad. I don't have any of their stuff in the coolection anymore.
What a Face What a Face WOW!!! I love to first two albums!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:14 am

I loved their first album, but wasn't so keen on their second. Haven't gotten round to getting their third yet.

Of their first album Mad House Of Cain, Kinescope and Tales Of Fears were really great songs.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:28 pm

My favorite was the second album "Theater of War".

7thSecond

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:07 pm

Staybrite wrote:
7thSecond wrote:

Did you order it from the band? For some reason CDbaby indicates that it is "not in stock".
Yea I ordered it straight from the band.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:08 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Do you need to borrow some Q-tips Chris? Suspect
Back to top Go down
kethdredd

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:22 pm

I'm with Chris, I never thought that the vocals were very good on any of the Jacobs dream discs.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 2:53 pm

Quote :
I'm with Chris, I never thought that the vocals were very good on any of the Jacobs dream discs.

On the first two discs, the vocals were a big hold back. The singer sounded like he was straining to sound like a Geoff Tate ripoff. It didn't work.

The mix on the third J.D. mix was so muddy that I just couldn't get into it. It has to be bad when someone who usually isn't such a stickler on production thinks it's bad.

Maybe they'll release something in the future that really turns the lights on for me. But, until then, the coolection is okay without them. Think I'll order that new Seventh Seal disc instead. Oh, wait......did that this morning.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
GODSWIZARD
Play It LOUD!!!

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 5:59 am

I have not ordered this yet, but eventually (sooner than later) I will. Twisted Evil

I guess i'm an oddity here. scratch (I'm used to being an oddity anywhere) I like and enjoy all the JACOBS DREAM albums. I like the first ones the best. Twisted Evil

KISS
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 8:12 am

You seem to be more in the majority here, GW. It's just me and kethdred that aren't J.D. fans.

I'd rather have the upcoming Kutless CD. But, that's just me.

Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:11 am

I really liked JD's last cd. Their earlier ones I couldn't take the vocals.

I've ordered the new one, hope I like it like I did the last one.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:42 pm

Ahlitah wrote:

I just received mine today. On my first listen I'd rank it slightly below Drama of the Ages. I really liked that album though.
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 5:20 pm

7thSecond wrote:
Ahlitah wrote:

I just received mine today. On my first listen I'd rank it slightly below Drama of the Ages. I really liked that album though.

Just got the new one, and i'll agree with you. I still like Drama of the Ages better, but this new one is not bad at all!
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 10:24 pm

I am glad this thread has come up. Here is where I stand in regards to Dominion of Darkness. It is an album that took a lot of time - roughly 7 or 8 listens - in order for it to grow on me. Musically, I rank it just a notch below DOTA (I hit the skip button twice out of 11 eleven tracks) but the production, in comparison to DOTA, is much stronger. That said, the packaging is a train wreck...

All in all, I would give Dominion of Darkness a score equivalent to DOTA. Review should be up this weekend...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:08 pm

Looking forward to the review. I have yet to pick up a copy of this disc, but it is still on my list.

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:24 pm

Dynamis wrote:
That said, the packaging is a train wreck...
??? What do you find wrong with this? May not be label quality, but seems perfectly fine to me. Haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet though.

Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 7:31 pm

OK, referring to the packaging as a train wreck might have been overstating things a bit.

However, and I really hate to "nit-pik", but the cover artwork only lists the title of the album but not the name of the band. The spine of the CD, conversely, includes the name of the band but not the album title.

Also, the back of the CD fails to include a track listing. The band photos on the back of the CD can be difficult to discern (they fade into the black background).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness   Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jacob's Dream: Dominion of Darkness
Page 1 of 1