Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Online MP3 players.

Go down 
+2
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Online MP3 players. Empty
PostSubject: Online MP3 players.   Online MP3 players. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:18 am

There are many online players you need to listen to music samples and MP3's online.
What is the online player you use?

I've tried for some time WMP and got tired of it.
Now I use Winamp.
It's really bummer that you need to listen online to different samples different MP3 players.
Some things you can listen with Winamp and for other samples you need to download RealPlayer.
Is there an MP3 player you can use to listen online to all samples?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Online MP3 players.   Online MP3 players. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 1:27 pm

I use Foobar for everything except Real. Since it's proprietary, you must use Real Player for it. Grrr.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465

PostSubject: Re: Online MP3 players.   Online MP3 players. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 6:39 pm

Michael is the only person I know who uses Foobar. It it wasn't for you mentioning it here, bro., I would have never heard of it.

What benefits, besides playing your show, does Foobar have over WMP or the other more popular players?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kethdredd

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Online MP3 players.   Online MP3 players. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 6:47 pm

Foobar is infinitely configurable. Its really good for people who like to tinker with stuff a bit. For people who just want stuff to work, I would steer away from it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Online MP3 players.   Online MP3 players. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:19 pm

I still use WMP (Windows Media Player). Although some files will not play on it, so you might be stuck with Real or some other player.

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Online MP3 players.   Online MP3 players. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:31 pm

I use both Real and WMP exclusively.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Online MP3 players.   Online MP3 players. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:47 pm

What Kethdred said. The only thing it DOESN'T play is my show online (streaming ogg) or Real. Not sure what the issue is with the streaming ogg since it plays normal ogg files just fine.

Native Support ("out-of-the-box"):
* MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, Musepack, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, Speex, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA, WMA.

Supported through plug-ins:
* TTA, Monkey's Audio, ALAC, MOD, SPC, TFMX, Shorten, OptimFROG, LPAC, AC3, DTS, PSF, NSF, XID, XA, Matroska, MMS, RSTP, TAK, etc.

In addition, foobar2000 can also play music directly from compressed RAR, ZIP, JMA & LHA archives without requiring the user to extract the files prior to playing.

It also has 2 crossfading plugins, which I don't think WMP offers. Winamp (at least the old versions) did, too. That is what I used to use before I switched in October I think.

The main 2 reasons I went with Foobar though was it supports replaygain and FLAC. I didn't like the Winamp gain leveler plugin and it wouldn't play FLAC files (or anything other than mp3 for that matter). FLAC is the format I use to archive my stuff.

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Online MP3 players.   Online MP3 players. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:18 am

I would like to ask what "streaming ogg" is.
I see a lot of very technical words in this posts about MP3 players.
Wow! I am impressed about the whole collection difficult words you gusy have found here. bounce
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Online MP3 players.   Online MP3 players. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:31 pm

avdb11 wrote:
I would like to ask what "streaming ogg" is.
I see a lot of very technical words in this posts about MP3 players.
Wow! I am impressed about the whole collection difficult words you gusy have found here. bounce

Me too, I don't know what half of it means either.

ogg is an electronic music format, like MP3

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Online MP3 players.   Online MP3 players. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:35 pm

I feel relieved now, I am not the only one who doesn't understand these things.
It makes me feel so much better now Staybrite doesn't understand it too.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Online MP3 players.   Online MP3 players. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:43 pm

Streaming ogg is just an audio format as SB said. In this case, it's specific to streaming AFAIK versus a standalone ogg file.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online MP3 players.   Online MP3 players. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Online MP3 players.
Page 1 of 1