Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you keep your CDs?

Go down 
+12
GODSWIZARD
alldatndensum
777rocker
Stryped Forever
Thomas
dale434445
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
topshot rhit
drumdude
7thSecond
rockerVu2
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

The CD poll.
I keep them in order I bought them
How do you keep your CDs? I_vote_lcap0%How do you keep your CDs? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I keep them on the year there were realeased
 0% [ 0 ]
I keep them in an alfabetical order.
How do you keep your CDs? I_vote_lcap80%How do you keep your CDs? I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 12 ]
I have an other way to keep my CDs.
How do you keep your CDs? I_vote_lcap13%How do you keep your CDs? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
I order them by favorites.
 0% [ 0 ]
I keep the bands in an alfabetical order and the titles of the CDs in an alfabetical order too.
How do you keep your CDs? I_vote_lcap7%How do you keep your CDs? I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

How do you keep your CDs? Empty
PostSubject: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 7:59 am

Buying CDs is cool.
But when your coolection is growing and growing how do you keep your coolection?
Are you very precise to keep your CDs?
Or is the way you keep your CDs a mess?
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:55 am

A mess. There is no method to my madness.
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:22 am

I have no certain way that i keep my cd's. But its not hard to keep track of them cause I only have like 80 or so.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:53 am

I'm a type A person so they must be organized, which is alphabetical. I'm not so anal that titles are as well though.

Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:50 pm

I keep them organized with the bands in alphabetical order, then each CD in order of release...

Angelica - s/t
Angelica - Rock, Stock and Barrel
Barren Cross - Rock For the King
Barren Cross - Atomic Arena

You get the idea...

I have my own shelving unit in our basement for all my metal and rock CD's. Its locked so that kids can't get in, and a cool dry place to keep the CD's in great condition. Plus, I can easily videograph the shelf so I have a record of what CD's I have in the event of a fire.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:10 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
I keep them organized with the bands in alphabetical order, then each CD in order of release...

Ditto, only I don't have a basement, and most of mine are stored in the top shelf of my long bedroom closet.

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 6:42 pm

I keep mine in alpabetical order by artist name, then by year of release as well.
I'm glad to see that I am not the only one around here that is so anal about my collection.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:53 am

I'm anal, but I don't sort my CD's this way just for fun. If I didn't store them this way, how'd I ever find a specific one when I want it? You almost have to store them in some organized fashion.

We're not anal - we're "organized"! cheers
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:40 am

How hard is it to see which CD spine you're after in 10 Mortification discs for example? That's why I only sort by band name. Nope, you're anal. Smile

Thomas

Thomas

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:05 pm

FOJ - I agree... I have too many CDs to just bumble my way through... I have three seperate racks, big ones, ALL FULL. If I didn't organize them thoroughly, I'd never find what I was after. This way, I find what I want in a matter of a couple of seconds.

I sort the same way as FOJ, Staybrite, and Dale - bands and artist are alphabetically sorted, and then sorted chronologically by release date within each band's section.

I've been told that I'm anal for doing this, but the people who have called me that only have about a dozen CDs themselves, so they really don't understand the concept. Try going to a public library and finding the book you want if they are just all over the place!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unforsaken.ca
Stryped Forever

Stryped Forever

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:44 pm

I too am anal, I guess Smile

I have my CD's sorted alphabetically then each band/artist is sorted by release year descending with the oldest release first.

I find it very easy to locate a CD without fumbling around for hours looking for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.StrypedForever.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:00 pm

My CDs I keep on an alphabetical order.
Hmmm do I have to tell that the CDs of each bands are in an alphabetical order or not?
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 4:34 pm

I don't an order. Some are in alf. order or by the release date some aren't. I just know where they are as long as I got those back that I've lend to sonme people.. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:29 pm

777rocker wrote:
I just know where they are as long as I got those back that I've lend to sonme people..

Oh man that is the worst, I spent two days looking for a cd, only later remembering that I had loaned it to someone. Seems like half the times I loan a cd to someone I don't get it back unless I go ask for it (always several months later).

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:04 pm

Loaning CDs? Not gonna happen around here. You do better trying to break into Fort Knox for the gold. I've had too many not come back in the same condition (or not come back at all) to loan them out. I'd come more near burning someone a copy.

As far as the organization of CDs, I need to get my big CD rack in the house. It holds 1600 CDs. I have it put together, but I have never brought it in the house.

Anyway, I TRY to alphabetize by artist and then put in chronological order by release year.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
GODSWIZARD
Play It LOUD!!!

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:01 am

I store my CDs alphabetically by band name, and then by release date within each band name. Twisted Evil

7thSecond said:

Quote :
A mess. There is no method to my madness.

scratch And how much time over the years have you spent looking for a particular disc when you want it?? Question I could not do that. Evil or Very Mad Too anal. Twisted Evil Too German. Twisted Evil

Since Alldat addressed the issue.......I also don't loan out CDs. Evil or Very Mad Never. Evil or Very Mad I'll rent and even loan out my kids, left at home, but my CDs stay in my car or the house. Twisted Evil

:bball: (Mr. Dribble has agreed to stand in for the *KISS* emoticon we don't have)
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:18 am

I'm surprised I'm not as anal as most of you. I feel better now. I've likely only got about 300-400 actual discs though. Everything is on my computer though so I only need the disc when I sell/trade them.

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:42 am

I never loan my precious CDs.
My kids are not interested in the cool music their mom is listening too.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:21 am

I'm in the same boat as most of you with lending CDs - it just DOESN'T happen around here! I have in the past loaned out some tapes and hade them returned with the jackets destroyed, by supposedly responsible adults... and I have also loaned out VHS movies before I got the DVDs and had them returned with the boxes crushed, "oh, sorry, my kids got at it" being the only explanation. I have come to realize that unfortunately most people do not treat other people's property with respect. CDs, DVDs, tapes, whatever you have in your collection... they cost too much money if you're a serious collector to just throw away that money because someone else didn't care.
Back to top Go down
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:04 pm

Have about 3000cds I keep them in an alfabetical order.
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:19 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Everything is on my computer though so I only need the disc when I sell/trade them.

That's true for me too. I rarely need the actual disc, so keeping them in a cool, dry place, and organized for rare times I need to grab one, is all I worry about.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:15 pm

Hey fishingd - must be nice to be able to afford 3000 CDs! Very Happy
BTW, nice to finally "talk" to you - you've been on my MySpace friends lists for a long time, but this is the first time I've actually run into you here. Of course, that's most likely because I am SO RARELY here! Smile
Back to top Go down
GODSWIZARD
Play It LOUD!!!

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 4:59 am

This is an interesting thread to read. Twisted Evil

It is nice to learn that others are as 'anal' about CD storage as I am. cheers

KISS
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:02 pm

GODSWIZARD wrote:
This is an interesting thread to read. Twisted Evil

It is nice to learn that others are as 'anal' about CD storage as I am.

What's funny is I work a mere 5 minutes away from the fabled Godswizard's "vault" and I have never seen it.
Evil or Very Mad

fishingd

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 pm

Thomas wrote:
Hey fishingd - must be nice to be able to afford 3000 CDs! Very Happy
BTW, nice to finally "talk" to you - you've been on my MySpace friends lists for a long time, but this is the first time I've actually run into you here. Of course, that's most likely because I am SO RARELY here! Smile

Yes, it was to talk to you to bro.

I can`t afford 3000 CDs Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep your CDs?   How do you keep your CDs? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you keep your CDs?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: