Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which Internet Browser?

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
kerrick
Staybrite
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Which Internet Browser? Empty
PostSubject: Which Internet Browser?   Which Internet Browser? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 6:45 pm

I know many of you probably don't use the internet on a CPU desktop or laptop and probably use all of your internet on a phone.

But for those of you who use a laptop or desktop computer what internet browser do you use?
Seems like I've been using Google Chrome for the last 15+ years.  I'm just not a big fan of Microsoft Edge.  Does anyone still use Firefox anymore?
What internet browser do you use?

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Which Internet Browser?   Which Internet Browser? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 7:06 pm

I use Brave.  It's built on the same Chromium as google Chrome, though it's the opposite from google in the sense that it's much more privacy-oriented.  Firefox fired a dude because of his political beliefs (he donated his personal money to conservative politicians IIRC) so he started Brave.  Overall I like it quite a bit.  It has "shields" up by default that prevent popups and ads and whatnot which sometimes you have to manually disable for websites to work properly, but I prefer that over the alternative.  Smile  You can change the settings to be however you'd like too if that's ever an issue.  I definitely recommend it!

https://brave.com/
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Which Internet Browser?   Which Internet Browser? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 pm

Brave and Google on a computer.  Duck Duck Go on my phone.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Which Internet Browser?   Which Internet Browser? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 7:42 pm

I was familiar with Duck Duck Go, but never even heard of Brave (I'm gonna have to give it a try).

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Which Internet Browser?   Which Internet Browser? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 am

Mozilla Firefox and Chrome

Never heard of Brave, but have downloaded it and will give it a go.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Staybrite and kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Which Internet Browser?   Which Internet Browser? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 3:29 pm

Fundy wrote:
Mozilla Firefox and Chrome

Never heard of Brave, but have downloaded it and will give it a go.

I was wondering if anyone still used Firefox (I still have a shortcut for it on my desktop, but not sure I've ever used it on this CPU).  Seems like the guys I work with all use Chrome or Duck Duck Go.

Fundy and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Which Internet Browser?   Which Internet Browser? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 pm

I've used Brave for many years as well. Very pleased with it

Staybrite, Fundy and kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Which Internet Browser?   Which Internet Browser? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:29 pm

I used Brave for a bit but it seemed that all of a sudden websites weren't opening correctly and it wasn't performing well.  I'm now using Firefox again.  Chrome, Brave and Edge are all built on the Chromium platform and run very similarly.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2023-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Which Internet Browser?   Which Internet Browser? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 11:11 pm

Duck Duck Go got caught lying about not tracking and selling your info....food for thought.

My favorite browser is Edge. It is faster and more secure than Chrome, and now it is loaded with great features like:

Ability to open multiple instances in snap layouts.
Ability to do vertical tabs
Customizable side bar with some excellent built in tools
Integrates very well with Office365
Split Screen Ability
Page capture
etc etc

I am in charge of the IT dept at my job and I made everyone stop using Chrome because it is a resource hog and constantly has issues every time they do an update (last one stopped certain inline images from being printed)

Staybrite and kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2023-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Which Internet Browser?   Which Internet Browser? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2024 8:13 am

Staybrite wrote:
I know many of you probably don't use the internet on a CPU desktop or laptop and probably use all of your internet on a phone.

But for those of you who use a laptop or desktop computer what internet browser do you use?
Seems like I've been using Google Chrome for the last 15+ years.  I'm just not a big fan of Microsoft Edge.  Does anyone still use Firefox anymore?

I can't comprehend not using a PC or laptop LOL 

There's just so much you can do on them that you can't do with a phone or tablet.

Staybrite, kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Which Internet Browser?   Which Internet Browser? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2024 11:56 am

AtomicFan wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I can't comprehend not using a PC or laptop LOL 

There's just so much you can do on them that you can't do with a phone or tablet.

Absolutely.  When my wife's last laptop died I asked her what laptop she wanted to replace it with.  She decided she wanted a tablet instead... she even got a keyboard for it.  I thought for sure she would change her mind in a few weeks, but she's had it for about a year now. I have used a PC pretty much without interruption since like 1995 (not the same one of course... Laughing ).  I'm not about to give up the convivence of a desktop PC over a tablet (or even a laptop).

MikeInFla, Xid and AtomicFan like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Internet Browser?   Which Internet Browser? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Internet Browser?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: