Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Hardkore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2023 1:52 pm

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2023 1:55 pm

I have to confess that I was a little unhappy when I finished watching the previous movie and found out that it was a Part 1.  So I am glad this is finally out.  Overall I think the director and actors are doing a good job with a difficult story.

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2023 8:53 am

I didn't care for the original and tried to read the book but couldn't get into it, either.

I don't remember watching the trailer for part one of this remake.  However, this looks pretty cool.  I might have to watch the first one and then go see this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2023 5:04 pm

I was fairly impressed by part 1. Leaving out the exposition at the beginning, substituting a couple of scenes, adding some from the book. I am looking forward to this.

To preview part1 you can see this trailer…

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2023 5:00 pm

Just found out this has been pushed back to next March due to the actors strike going on.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 7:21 pm

Word is this is gonna be 2 hour and 46 minutes!
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2024 1:29 am

I'm off to see it this Satuday in iMax.  I thought the first one was good, but nothing amazing.  Heard that this one is supposed to be better.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 8:25 pm

Meh.  Never got into the novels, the original movie, and Timothee Chalamet does nothing for me.  Zendaya's shelf-life is up too.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 12:13 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Meh.  Never got into the novels, the original movie, and Timothee Chalamet does nothing for me.  Zendaya's shelf-life is up too.

I did really like the books (decades ago when I was reading them).  I'm also not at all a fan of Chalamet and Zendaya, but to me their personalities don't feature in the movie (at least the first one), so I enjoyed it.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 3:33 pm

On a side note, Timothee Chalamet was brilliant in Wonka

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 3:51 pm

Fundy wrote:
On a side note, Timothee Chalamet was brilliant in Wonka

Yeah, I was pretty impressed with that one too.  But I wasn't expecting to like it at all, and was pleasantly surprised that I quite liked it.

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2024 4:59 pm

Maybe I am missing something, but I have seen both of the recent films and I feel like a big part of the story was left out.  I felt nothing for the hero.  The villain was gross, but not someone that struck fear into me.  I kept waiting for these to be amazing but felt they were just kind of "blah".  I had to fight sleep at the theater today and was helped by those loud low blasts signaling an action scene coming.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Staybrite and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 11:40 am

Fundy wrote:
I'm off to see it [Dune pt 2] this Satuday in iMax.  I thought the first one was good, but nothing amazing.  Heard that this one is supposed to be better.
That's what I had heard also but would say the opposite. I know it's been decades since reading at least the first 3 novels in my teen years, but the editing just left me too lost at times. The dialog was also too low in some places so I couldn't make out everything that was said.

Staybrite and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 5:41 pm

I think if they had compressed everything down to 2 hrs. so it would have moved faster would have made it better.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2   The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sleeper has awakened…Dune part 2
Page 1 of 1