Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello There!!!

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
Fundy
silentthunder89
7 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Hello There!!! Empty
PostSubject: Hello There!!!   Hello There!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2022 7:09 pm

Hello There!!! Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47t7kolf5ihm9rjvw9ca4b9e80om4iqo3r3ub9w3p9&rid=giphy

Hi there everyone!! It has certainly been a looooooong time since I've popped in last! I went back to see when my last post was and it looks like it was back in 2012! TEN STINKIN' YEARS!?!?!?! Anyway, I thought it was time to rejoin society and see what all my old friends are up to these days! Here's the highlights from the last decade:

• Graduated college & got my first adult job
  • Left that job to chase a girl in WV and found myself working as an accountant at a mental health center
  • Was fired from that job and broke up with that girl about 2 years later (It's a long story lol)
  • Got a job in the business office of the church I've been a member of where I helped plant 5 satellite campuses and became a licensed minister in the Church of God (Cleveland, TN)
  • Moved back to KY to be closer to the woman I would inevitably marry
  • Lost my ministry credentials because I refused to take membership at any of the local churches within my denomination because I didn't trust any of their leadership (Again, a very long story)
  • Stood with and held my wife's hand as we watched her parents go through a VERY messy divorce and helped care for her 16yr old brother who had been diagnosed with a very rare and terminal form of brain cancer.
  • Moved back to WV to start a new life for ourselves and purchased our very first home together. I convinced my employer from KY to let me keep my job and work remotely from home (pre-covid) and have been here ever since!

There have been some very hard times and some very memorable ones, but it has all ultimately led us to where we are now and I couldn't be happier. I'm looking forward to immersing myself back into the forum community and hanging out with you guys!

Currently, I've been digging a lot of bluesy stuff. One of my favorites has been the live album Glenn Kaiser did with Darrell Mansfield "Into the Night". I'm also spinning a lot of more recent heavier music. I've enjoyed the new Chaotic Resemblance album, Iconic and Wolves at the Gate albums  Headbang

rockerVu2, Xid and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5318
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Hello There!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello There!!!   Hello There!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 2:38 am

Welcome back silentthunder.  Good to see you here again.  Sorry you've had such a turbulent last ten years, but glad that you are in a good place now.

God bless you.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Xid and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Hello There!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello There!!!   Hello There!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 8:28 am

Fundy wrote:
Welcome back silentthunder.  Good to see you here again.  Sorry you've had such a turbulent last ten years, but glad that you are in a good place now.

God bless you.

Thanks!! It's good to see so many familiar faces still hanging around as well, as well as many new ones!

Fundy and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5318
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Hello There!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello There!!!   Hello There!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 2:29 pm

We're the same people, just slightly more grey, wrinkled and vacant.
lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Hello There!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello There!!!   Hello There!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 3:35 pm

Wow, ten years is quite the vacation away from us amazing people!  Laughing
It sounds like you have had quite the busy last decade, very cool to hear about your marriage and home-ownership.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Hello There!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello There!!!   Hello There!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 5:24 pm

Good to see ya back! It has been a while, wow!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Hello There!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello There!!!   Hello There!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 7:43 pm

Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Hello There!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello There!!!   Hello There!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 9:18 am

silentthunder89 wrote:
Hello There!!! Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47t7kolf5ihm9rjvw9ca4b9e80om4iqo3r3ub9w3p9&rid=giphy

Hi there everyone!! It has certainly been a looooooong time since I've popped in last! I went back to see when my last post was and it looks like it was back in 2012! TEN STINKIN' YEARS!?!?!?! Anyway, I thought it was time to rejoin society and see what all my old friends are up to these days! Here's the highlights from the last decade:

• Graduated college & got my first adult job
  • Left that job to chase a girl in WV and found myself working as an accountant at a mental health center
  • Was fired from that job and broke up with that girl about 2 years later (It's a long story lol)
  • Got a job in the business office of the church I've been a member of where I helped plant 5 satellite campuses and became a licensed minister in the Church of God (Cleveland, TN)
  • Moved back to KY to be closer to the woman I would inevitably marry
  • Lost my ministry credentials because I refused to take membership at any of the local churches within my denomination because I didn't trust any of their leadership (Again, a very long story)
  • Stood with and held my wife's hand as we watched her parents go through a VERY messy divorce and helped care for her 16yr old brother who had been diagnosed with a very rare and terminal form of brain cancer.
  • Moved back to WV to start a new life for ourselves and purchased our very first home together. I convinced my employer from KY to let me keep my job and work remotely from home (pre-covid) and have been here ever since!

There have been some very hard times and some very memorable ones, but it has all ultimately led us to where we are now and I couldn't be happier. I'm looking forward to immersing myself back into the forum community and hanging out with you guys!

Currently, I've been digging a lot of bluesy stuff. One of my favorites has been the live album Glenn Kaiser did with Darrell Mansfield "Into the Night". I'm also spinning a lot of more recent heavier music. I've enjoyed the new Chaotic Resemblance album, Iconic and Wolves at the Gate albums  Headbang

We are glad to have you back with us!  You have had quite the ride in the last ten years!

I wish I had realized you were in TN for a while.  We would have been a good distance apart, but it would have been great to get together just to hang for a while and put a face to the user name.

As for the bluesy stuff, I prefer mine a bit more rocked out.  If you weren't aware, I did two blues albums under the name Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band.  Check out the tracks on YouTube!  If you like it, shoot me a PM and I will mail you out a copy of the most recent one free of charge.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Hello There!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello There!!!   Hello There!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2022 12:39 pm

Good to see you back on CHM silentthunder 89.
I always like it when old CHM members come back.

alldatndensum, silentthunder89 and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Hello There!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello There!!!   Hello There!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2022 6:26 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Good to see you back on CHM silentthunder 89.
I always like it when old CHM members come back.

It feels good to be home!!  Very Happy

alldatndensum, Staybrite, rockerVu2 and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Hello There!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello There!!!   Hello There!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2022 7:05 am

silenthunder it's good you feel to be home again.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello There!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello There!!!   Hello There!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello There!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: