Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You know you are getting old when.....

Go down 
+5
mr.electric40
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

You know you are getting old when..... Empty
PostSubject: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2022 1:55 pm

A band is playing nearby on a work night and you don't want to go because you know you will be out late.

You don't want to go to said venue because the website says it is "standing room only" and you don't want to stand for 3 1/2 hours after standing for 9 at work.

Who am I talking about?  Stryper.  They are coming on May 16 to Nashville.  While I would love to see them, those two things are keeping me from wanting to go.  The tickets are cheap, but parking in Nashvegas has gotten so expensive that the cost of that alone could be more than the ticket.

I am an old fogey.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2022 2:48 am

That's a hard to decide if you go or don't go.
Standing 9 hours for work and then 31/2 hours for the Stryper gig is long.
But, I think maybe the music will help you to come throught it.
About the parking cost .. that's up to you if you do it nor not.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2022 7:21 am

Agreed. I have come to the conclusion that if a concert is not free or in my backyard I won't be going.

alldatndensum, Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2022 12:56 pm

I think I'm officially getting old now (I'll be 40 at the end of next month). I heard "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden on the local Classic Rock station the other day. That song came out in May of 1994 - about a month or so before my 12th birthday.
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2022 7:50 pm

Oldiesmann wrote:
I think I'm officially getting old now (I'll be 40 at the end of next month). I heard "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden on the local Classic Rock station the other day. That song came out in May of 1994 - about a month or so before my 12th birthday.

Only 40?  You young whipersnapper!

I would guess that the average age around here is 50!

I am 52, and I don't have the energy I had at 40.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2022 9:58 am

I have felt this way for several years.... I'll be 55 later this year...

Stryper isnt coming within 300 miles of SF Bay Area so I'm gonna be seeing them...

Back in the day I'd hit L.A. for a Saturday show and drive home Sunday... (hence the 300+ mile round trip)...

Time does just suck the life out of you...  The Lust, The Flesh, and The Pride of Life...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2022 2:58 pm

I'm turning 55 later this year myself.  I would love to go see bands play at the smaller venues, but I'm like Alldat and can't stand for over an hour without suffering some serious back pain.  The last show I went to was at least 6 years ago and I spent most of it sitting on top of a long cabinet near the back of the venue (still only about 30ft from the stage), rocking out like the old guy I am (slow and carefully). 
Laughing

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2022 8:36 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I'm turning 55 later this year myself.  I would love to go see bands play at the smaller venues, but I'm like Alldat and can't stand for over an hour without suffering some serious back pain.  The last show I went to was at least 6 years ago and I spent most of it sitting on top of a long cabinet near the back of the venue (still only about 30ft from the stage), rocking out like the old guy I am (slow and carefully). 
Laughing

It isn't just back pain I will be suffering if I go and just stand.  I also have a tailor's bunion on my left foot.  I would have trouble walking to the truck after the show if I stood the whole time to watch two bands.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2022 9:09 pm

Ouch!  That doesn't sound like fun at all!

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 5:02 pm

You guys are making me feel better all the time. Thanks! geek

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 5:30 pm

You are seriously making me feel better. I had to stop going to shows at clubs a couple of years ago because I too can’t stand for that long without a killer backache. I’m only 48! I thought it was just me.

By the way, you’re not missing a whole lot by not seeing Stryper. The last time I saw them, about two years ago, Michael’s voice was not up to the standard that we’re all used to. I think he has to save his voice to do tours, so he doesn’t give it his all every night. As a result some of the songs sound “less than”. As a result, I have no interest in ever seeing them again live. Now their records, on the other hand, those I’ll  snap up every time!

Staybrite and Hardkore like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 7:42 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
You are seriously making me feel better. I had to stop going to shows at clubs a couple of years ago because I too can’t stand for that long without a killer backache. I’m only 48! I thought it was just me.

By the way, you’re not missing a whole lot by not seeing Stryper. The last time I saw them, about two years ago, Michael’s voice was not up to the standard that we’re all used to. I think he has to save his voice to do tours, so he doesn’t give it his all every night. As a result some of the songs sound “less than”. As a result, I have no interest in ever seeing them again live. Now their records, on the other hand, those I’ll  snap up every time!

I'm pretty sure I was only 49 when I took my wife to see Billy Idol in a club (on her birthday).  The next day my back hurt so bad that I could barely sit for an entire day of work.  I left the office early and went home and laid on the floor for a few hours.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2022 5:54 pm

They will be in Destin. Florida next Saturday. That is a 4 hour round trip from here. If I was off from work I could easily go. I was holding out on going as I didn’t want to hurt my hearing any more. My new hearing aids Doctor said it wouldn’t matter too much as I had already lost so much. Then there is the drive home not knowing what time  we would be leaving and how awake would I be while driving. I don’t stay up as late as I used to. Since only half of the trip would be on the interstate, the other half would mean dealing with local traffic. It is easier to stay awake and focus when you don’t have to continually deal with lights and stop signs. I prefer the highways.

Lucky me, I will stay home and watch the Nashville show on Monday night. Since I am off on Tuesday I can watch till the end, and then just lay down.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 4:28 pm

A couple from church wanted us to go with them to the Legendairy Milkshake Bar in Nashville today.  I really needed to stay home to work on my sermon for tomorrow and some training I need to complete for school with me doing the summer school program.  Anyway, the milkshake place is very close to Broadway which is where all the big nightclubs are located downtown.  There were SO many people out on foot, on those annoying electric scooters, people doing bus tours, people doing the peddle bars and party buses, etc.  It was so over-stimulating.  Plus, you have the noise of all the vehicles trying to get through and can't because of all the foot traffic added to the barrage of noise of some of these clubs having multiple floors and a band playing on each one.  It was horrible!  Why would anyone want to go to these places?  I could go a lifetime and not have to endure that again even if I were invited to play at those clubs!  If I had any hesitations about seeing Stryper on Monday, I am now absolutely certain I won't be going into that mess!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know you are getting old when.....   You know you are getting old when..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You know you are getting old when.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: